• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Adstar said:

If you trust that the ones who produced the lexicons are infallible in defining the words then so be it.. You can elevate your lexicon to the status of the Gospel and the ones who produced the Lexicon to the status of Apostles if you wish..

For me i do not trust them as far as i could kick them..

If this makes Zero sense to you then so be it..

But still, if you throw out all lexicons and dictionaries as untrustworthy, any bible becomes worthless and gibberish, for the words are inventions of man to communicate, and then men inspired by God used THOSE WORDS CREATED BY MAN FOR COMMUNICATION, to communicate to man. If you don't know the meaning of the words used, you don't know what is being said. To find the meaning of the words used, you go to dictionaries and lexicons. God speaks to men through men, via languages the speaker/writer and the hearer/reader have a common understanding. That common understanding is documented in dictionaries and lexicons, from which we all get our understanding of the meaning of words, otherwise you can make the bible mean whatever you want it to mean.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Still Alive said:

But still, if you throw out all lexicons and dictionaries as untrustworthy, any bible becomes worthless and gibberish, for the words are inventions of man to communicate, and then men inspired by God used THOSE WORDS CREATED BY MAN FOR COMMUNICATION, to communicate to man. If you don't know the meaning of the words used, you don't know what is being said. To find the meaning of the words used, you go to dictionaries and lexicons. God speaks to men through men, via languages the speaker/writer and the hearer/reader have a common understanding. That common understanding is documented in dictionaries and lexicons, from which we all get our understanding of the meaning of words, otherwise you can make the bible mean whatever you want it to mean.

So be in.. You choose in whom you will trust..

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,024
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

4 minutes ago, Adstar said:

So be in.. You choose in whom you will trust..

How do you really know the meaning of any of those words you just used? Were they divinely slipped into your head by God, or did some man teach them to you? How can you trust him to not have been telling the truth?

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  71
  • Topic Count:  340
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  16,834
  • Content Per Day:  4.73
  • Days Won:  81
  • Birthday:  04/02/2000

Welcome.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  596
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,043
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

On 5/7/2018 at 8:31 AM, Still Alive said:

How do you really know the meaning of any of those words you just used? Were they divinely slipped into your head by God, or did some man teach them to you? How can you trust him to not have been telling the truth?

Don't waste your time..

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/7/2018 at 4:14 AM, Acacia said:

Hi all up into this moment the trinity was a sure thing but someone’s reply made me think and I have googled and it says that trinity isn’t mentioned in the bible?

Peace and truth be with your answer and reply in Jesus name ? 

“Endeavor to know the Father. Approach Him in deep repentance, and confess that you are not worthy to be called His son; receive the kiss of His love; let the ring that is the token of His eternal faithfulness be on your finger; sit at His table and let your heart rejoice in His grace.

Then press forward and seek to know much of the Son of God who although He is the brightness of His Father’s glory humbled Himself and became man for our sakes. Know Him in the singular complexity of His nature: eternal God, and yet suffering, finite man; follow Him as He walks the waters with the tread of deity, and as He sits down at the well tired in the weariness of humanity. Do not be satisfied unless you know much of Jesus Christ as your Friend, your Brother, your Husband, your all.

Do not forget the Holy Spirit. Endeavor to obtain a clear view of His nature and character, His attributes, and His works. Behold the Spirit of the Lord, who first of all moved upon chaos and brought forth order, who now visits the chaos of your soul and creates the order of holiness. Behold Him as the Lord and giver of spiritual life, the Illuminator, the Instructor, the Comforter, and the Sanctifier. Behold Him as He descends upon the head of Jesus, and then as He rests upon you.

Such an intelligent, scriptural, and experiential belief in the Trinity is yours if you truly know God; and such knowledge brings peace indeed.”

–Charles Spurgeon

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

• Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

On 5/7/2018 at 5:12 AM, Mishael said:

Many terms aren’t in the Bible doesn’t necessarily make it false, in Matthew 28:19 Jesus describes the Holy Trinity very clearly:

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

Amen and well said Mishael. The Holy Trinity is throughout The Scriptures. and even appears to Abraham, “Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground, and said, “O Lord, if I have found favor in your sight, do not pass by your servant.” (Genesis 18:2-3). Abraham calls the three men Lord. :) 

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  52
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1957

On 5/7/2018 at 6:14 PM, Acacia said:

Hi all up into this moment the trinity was a sure thing but someone’s reply made me think and I have googled and it says that trinity isn’t mentioned in the bible?

Peace and truth be with your answer and reply in Jesus name ? 

You may want to  look up when the word trinity first appeared and how it came into existence. That in itself is revealing. This site believes in the trinity doctrine and so the majority posting will believe in it. There are many other Christians who do not follow this doctrine.

Personally, I have many reservations about it and yet never seek to make it a point of contention, but rather discussion.  As I don't believe it is a salvation issue.

There are questions about the trinity doctrine that do not allow for logical answers. Many times in the Bible God says I am One. And yet we are told He is three in one and  all are completely independent spiritual beings. So now we have three Gods in one. This is confusing to me.

Second, God has existed for eternity and is all knowing. There is nothing that He does not know, either past, present or future. He is the Creator of all things and nothing happens unless He allows it to happen.

With this in mind, why in eternity  did He decide to create man and angels whom He knew would rebel. Why wasn't this done eons ago and if it was why continue doing so. The Bible is quiet on this subject and we can only postulate as to why.

However, if we do not believe in the trinity doctrine then we now have a reason for Him doing so.

I will leave it up to you to find out the truth as I have no desire to impress my beliefs upon anyone. I will allow His Holy Spirit to do that.

Edited by Blue1Sapphire

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  47
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/08/1994

8 minutes ago, Blue1Sapphire said:

You may want to  look up when the word trinity first appeared and how it came into existence. That in itself is revealing. This site believes in the trinity doctrine and so the majority posting will believe in it. There are many other Christians who do not follow this doctrine.

Personally, I have many reservations about it and yet never seek to make it a point of contention, but rather discussion.  As I don't believe it is a salvation issue.

There are questions about the trinity doctrine that do not allow for logical answers. Many times in the Bible God says I am One. And yet we are told He is three in one and  all are completely independent spiritual beings. So now we have three Gods in one. This is confusing to me.

Second, God has existed for eternity and is all knowing. There is nothing that He does not know, either past, present or future. He is the Creator of all things and nothing happens unless He allows it to happen.

With this in mind, why in eternity  did He decide to create man and angels whom He knew would rebel. Why wasn't this done eons ago and if it was why continue doing so. The Bible is quiet on this subject and we can only postulate as to why.

However, if we do not believe in the trinity doctrine then we now have a reason for Him doing so.

I will leave it up to you to find out the truth as I have no desire to impress my beliefs upon anyone. I will allow His Holy Spirit to do that.

I believe in God our father I believe in Christ the son I believe in the Holy Spirit our God is three in one. I don’t understand a lot of things but I know that God sent the Holy Spirit to teach us All things. We need to read the word more if we ask He will show us if that’s what He wants. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  165
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  15

I thought this valuable to this discussion: 

“However, lest anyone think Muhammad means Isa (Jesus) in the same way we do as God and part of the Holy Trinity, Muhammad says this, “O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of Allah aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) a messenger of Allah, and His Word, which He bestowed on Mary, and a spirit proceeding from Him: so believe in Allah and His messengers. Say not "Trinity" : desist: it will be better for you: for Allah is one Allah: Glory be to Him: (far exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belong all things in the heavens and on earth. And enough is Allah as a Disposer of affairs.” (Quean 4:171). 

On the contrary we Christians believe His is a Trinity, One God in Three Persons: 

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,” (Matthew 28:19) 

But when the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth, who proceeds from the Father, he will bear witness about me,” (John 15:26) 

Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth,” (Genesis 1:26)

”According to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in the sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood: May grace and peace be multiplied to you,” (1 Peter 1:2) 

“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace,” (Isiah 9:6) 

Jesus Christ. For in him the whole fullness of deity (Godhead) dwells bodily,” (Colossians 2:9) 

“I and the Father are One,” and “Jesus then breathed on them and they received the Holy Spirit.” (John 10:30 and John 20:20-22). 

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.” (John 1:1-3) 

“And Mary said to the angel, “How will this be, since I am a virgin?” And the angel answered her, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be called holy—the Son of God.” (Luke 1:34-35)

This is one of many reasons the doctrine of the Holy Trinity is paramount. If a person does not confess God is the Trinity of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, they agree with Muhammad and Islam, Mormonism, Copticisn, Jehovah Witnesses, and all religions of the earth which call Jesus prophet and messenger  God, but we Christians call Jesus God (Titus 2:13) and Son of God (1 John 4:15) and Oke with the Father and Holy Spirit, Blessed Trinity. “ (Fidei Defensor, Good Advice From A Pope?) 

Edited by Fidei Defensor