Debp

Encouraging Bible Verses

The Lord redeems the soul of His servants, and none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.   Psalm 34:22

When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me.  Psalm 27:10

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.  Psalm 23:4

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Loved it! 1

2 hours ago, Debp said:

The Lord redeems the soul of His servants, and none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.   Psalm 34:22

When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me.  Psalm 27:10

On my latest trip thru the scriptures, I noted this verse yesterday. It is hard to apply such verses sometimes since it seems I am just making excuses for my past mistakes. But this and a couple others seemed to stand out.

David was a guy that wore his heart on his sleeve. God especially loved him for this lack of duplicity.

I see in verses like that, that in spite of my pride (thinking I have failed too much for God's Grace) that there is hope for me and those that likewise feel condemned and weighed down by their histories.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

11 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

On my latest trip thru the scriptures, I noted this verse yesterday. It is hard to apply such verses sometimes since it seems I am just making excuses for my past mistakes. But this and a couple others seemed to stand out.

David was a guy that wore his heart on his sleeve. God especially loved him for this lack of duplicity.

I see in verses like that, that in spite of my pride (thinking I have failed too much for God's Grace) that there is hope for me and those that likewise feel condemned and weighed down by their histories.

Yes, so wonderful to know that our sins have been washed away by the precious blood of Jesus!   As the old saying goes, where would we be but for the Lord?

And He said, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Exodus 33:14

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.  And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; for You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You.  Psalm 9:9-10

• Thumbs Up 4

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart; wait, I say, on the Lord!  Psalm 27:14

Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with His hand.  Psalm 37:24

• Thumbs Up 3

He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength.  But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.  Isaiah 40:29, 31

Call to Me and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.  Jeremiah 33:3

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

Wonderful words of Jesus...

These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace.  In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.  John 16:33

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believes on Me should not abide in darkness.  John 12:46

• Thumbs Up 2

The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion, slow to anger,  and of great mercy.  Psalm 145:8

...a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness...  Nehemiah 9:17

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you.  Ephesians 4:31-32

• Thumbs Up 1

"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."   Psalm 91:14-16

• Thumbs Up 2

"Therefore being justified by faith,  we have peace with God, through our Lord Messiah Jesus The Christ."

Romans 5:1

• Thumbs Up 3

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.  1 John 3:20

As far as the East is from the West, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.  Psalm 103:12

• Thumbs Up 1