Debp

Encouraging Bible Verses

2 hours ago, Debp said:

The Lord redeems the soul of His servants, and none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.   Psalm 34:22

When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take care of me.  Psalm 27:10

On my latest trip thru the scriptures, I noted this verse yesterday. It is hard to apply such verses sometimes since it seems I am just making excuses for my past mistakes. But this and a couple others seemed to stand out.

David was a guy that wore his heart on his sleeve. God especially loved him for this lack of duplicity.

I see in verses like that, that in spite of my pride (thinking I have failed too much for God's Grace) that there is hope for me and those that likewise feel condemned and weighed down by their histories.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2
  • Praise God! 1

The Lord is gracious, and full of compassion, slow to anger,  and of great mercy.  Psalm 145:8

...a God ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness...  Nehemiah 9:17

And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you.  Ephesians 4:31-32

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

"Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation."   Psalm 91:14-16

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

"Therefore being justified by faith,  we have peace with God, through our Lord Messiah Jesus The Christ."

Romans 5:1

• Thumbs Up 3

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things.  1 John 3:20

As far as the East is from the West, so far has He removed our transgressions from us.  Psalm 103:12

• Thumbs Up 1