Debp

Encouraging Bible Verses

For the Lord does not Reject forever, but first afflicts, then pardons In His abundant kindness.

For He does not willfully bring grief Or affliction to man. Lamentations 3:31-33 Tanakh

3 hours ago, turtletwo said:

1852657317_lamentationsscripturetheLorddoesnotwillinglyafflict.jpg.8257bac315f66e118a215dbb81f9c009.jpg

• This is Worthy 2
  • Praise God! 1

10 hours ago, In Him said:

I believe we must go through wrestling for a name (nature) change as God gave Jacob after he wrestled.

For the blessing of God is on the wrestling one who ends up crippled in their walk;

walking every step, leaning on Him, dependent upon Him, for everything.

`````````````````````````````

Jacob was left alone. And a man wrestled with him until the break of dawn.

When he saw that he had not prevailed against him, he wrenched Jacob’s hip at its socket, so that the socket of his hip was strained as he wrestled with him.

Then he said, “Let me go, for dawn is breaking.” But he answered, “I will not let you go unless you bless me.”

Said the other, “What is your name?” He replied, “Jacob.”

Said he, “Your name shall no longer be Jacob, but Israel, for you have striven with beings divine and human, and have prevailed.”

Jacob asked, “Pray tell me your name.” But he said, “You must not ask my name!” And he took leave of him there.

So Jacob named the place Peniel, meaning, “I have seen a divine being face to face, yet my life has been preserved.”

The sun rose upon him as he passed Penuel, limping on his hip.

That is why the children of Israel to this day do not eat the thigh muscle that is on the socket of the hip since Jacob’s hip socket was wrenched at the thigh muscle.

Bereshith (Genesis) 32:25-33

For the sake of My servant Jacob, Israel My chosen one, I call you by name, I hail you by title, though you have not known Me.  Isaiah 45:4

Amen. 

"To him who overcomes I will give some of the hidden manna to eat. And I will give him a white stone, and on the stone a new name written which no one knows except him who receives it. - Rev 2:17

Indeed this is a promise from the OT, given to that Elect of God who will truly answer His call and surrender completely to Him, being actually conformed to the image of Christ, because they have "denied themselves, picked up their cross daily and followed Jesus." 

"The nations shall see your righteousness,
    and all the kings your glory,
and you shall be called by a new name

that the mouth of the Lord will give."
- Isaiah 62:2

And in that Day, the nations will know the Name of the Lord, and His suitable helper - 

"I will restore your judges as at the first,
And your counselors as at the beginning.
Afterward you shall be called the city of righteousness, the faithful city.”

- Isaiah 1:26

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

Psalm 28:7

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoices, and with my song I will praise Him.  

\o/

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

1032342314_Lamenttions331-33TheLordwillnotcastusoffforever.jpg.c9bfd9ea958a70b720554644e9e6cf7a.jpg

• Praise God! 1

1897697185_psalm168.jpg.5a592a8d31603b62a33ec4a9a184d048.jpg

• Praise God! 2

Psalm 84:2

I long, yes, I faint with longing to enter the courts of the LORD. With my whole being, body and soul, I will shout joyfully to the living God.

• Praise God! 2

(Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT).

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take”

• Loved it! 2

2112422533_BESTRONGANDCOURAGEOUSWHITELETTERSPURPLEFLOWERS.jpg.658af503b202e578ddfb38988d237118.jpg

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

Though it rains down the upmost storm .

And though the world as one comes against the lambs .

We shall fear no evil ,  FOR GOD IS WITH US .

Let them cast us in prison and we shall sing

Let them beat us bloody and afterwards we shall rejoice

FOR GOD IS WITH US .

PUT those hands up and praise the LORD .

• Praise God! 2