• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

My take?

My take is that it is always too late to be rejecting Jesus as Lord and personal savior! When the Holy Spirit calls listen up and heed His call.

How long can I reject Jesus in my own life, can I figure to wait until I am about to die? Lots of luck on that plan for my eternity.

How many times will God the Holy Spirit make the specific call to repentance from sin against God to a person? When will God turn a person over to their own strong delusion?

No one has excuse, none. I think it will be a mighty poor plan of action to reject the Holy Spirit's specific call to repentance from sin against God and then expect the Holy Spirit to reveal Jesus to them  for their acceptance as their Lord and savior at one's death bed. For one might find their soul is required of them at any moment, and that for them there is no death bed to be lying on contemplating whether to heed the Holy Spirit or not.

Can the Holy Spirit call to a person to repent and turn about away from their sin  and to God through Jesus as they are dying? Why not? But will the Spirit do so; and why if the person has heard the call and rejected the Holy Spirit? 

Do not wait until one is on their death bed to be giving them testimony about our savior Jesus.

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,011
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  4

On 5/7/2018 at 9:31 PM, Eslyn said:

What is your take on it is never too late for anyone who is alive? 

From a human perspective, we see repentance as possible until a person dies.  However, God sees the heart and knows its condition.  When the Holy Spirit convicts someone of their sin, they either repent or harden their hearts.  If a person persists in hardening their heart against His conviction, their heart becomes arrogant toward the Holy Spirit and out of the abundance of their heart, their mouth speaks blasphemies against Him.  Only God knows if and when that point of no return is ever reached.

• Thumbs Up 1