• Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,868
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/01/1968

3 hours ago, FresnoJoe said:

:emot-heartbeat:

If.... Love Be The Test

By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. John 13:35

Then.... So Be It

Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Philippians 2:3

Love, Your Brother Joe

Indeed and knew what I had done the moment I done it, though I am my brothers keeper even when they don't see it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  208
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

“C” should be “ believe in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus”  Confession is great but is not alluded to in Paul’s Gospel ( 1cor15:1-4 ) thAt saves if simply believed and not added to with such things as last second, lucky repentance —- Jesus shed Blood is inadequate to cover all sins—pray to have enough wits about you between your final sin and your death to say a rapid prayer for repentance of tough sins the “ weak, inadequate blood” just couldn’t wash away.NOT!!!

Edited by Blood Bought 1953
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  1,058
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  5

On 5/8/2018 at 8:51 PM, LadyKay said:

I was looking up something in the Bible when I came across Romans 13:3 which reads    For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 

While I do not know what the state of things were back in Bible times when Paul said this. If rulers and laws at that time were fair and just?  I do know that rules and laws in the US have not always been fair and just.  I know from personal experience that there have been people who have been living good and upright lives, only to be wrongly accused of something and wrongly punished for it. They now live with this fear  of authority and that such a thing could happen again to them. Back in slave times blacks lived in fear of the rulers and of authority for no other reason other then the fact they they were black. Many people though out history of the US have been punished by those in authority by unjust laws that went against a person's race.  So how then can it be true that doing right will allow you to live free from fear of authority? If unjust laws and dishonest people are placed in authority?  

'I exhort therefore, that, first of all, 
supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, 
be made for all men; 
For kings, and for all that are in authority; 
that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life 
in all godliness and honesty. ‘

(1 Tim.2:1-2)  

Hello @LadyKay,

I appreciate what you have to say, and agree that justice is not always done.  However, if we do what is right, and are injustly treated, those who commit the injustice in regard to us, are answerable to God for it.  Whereas, if we do not do what is right, the blame is all ours, for we have broken the law of the land, and must receive just punishment for it.

The verses above ask that we pray for those in authority, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life, in all godliness and honesty.  This was written in days during which believers were being covered in tar and set alight, or placed in the arena to face wild beasts,  suffering persecution from family as well as state, so perhaps it is a prayer we should also make for those in authority in this day too.

In Christ Jesus

Chris

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I think the answer on your question is actually very simple if you take a look on the other side of Paul, all the Disciples of Christ, and also on the prophets who are obeyed the law of the land but disobeyed earthly authorities when they law of the land goes against the values and principals of GOD.

For example, Paul and all other man of GOD regularly and constantly were prohibited to preach word of GOD, but they refused to obey authorities on this matter and kept preaching, for which they have been punished and some of them even lost their life.

Same thing can be said about imprisonment, if any man of GOD or a Christian imprisoned for upholding the principals and ideals of the Lord, then according to the Gospel and in the eyes of GOD such person will be considered as truly faithful and dedicated man or woman of GOD, and deserves praise and great respect. Of course if a Christian end up in prison for ordinary crime, surely it would not counted to him as a positive credit.

So the point that the Paul tried to make is this that if a Christian obeys the right and just laws of the land, it is a good thing, Jesus and His Disciples did the same, and if a Christian upholds his Christian values despite the prohibition by authorities and punished by authorities for it, it even better, by which every Christian can be proud of.

I would like to suggest that when you read Bible and see the issue you do not understand fully, the best thing to do is to look on the issue not from the single verse or a few statements, but in much wider perspective and counted in all the other places of the Bible related to the subject in question, then everything will be very clear.

GOD bless.