Feeling internally conflicted

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Today i've decided to become a christian again and have once again started to listen to christian media but i personally feel conflicted and im struggling as ive been an atheist for almost 3 years now. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

You be encouraged and just run after Christ with all the heart .   Remember you might be internally conflicted ,  but IF you puruse Christ in the end

you wont be ETERNALLY AFFLICTED .  

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I was reading and yeah I honestly don't actually believe any of this.

This is kind of embarrassing uh I was feeling really emotional because of a disscution with my grandfather so I figured if I could go through the motions I might be able to convince myself that any of it is true but honestly I'm  still an athiest

I will continue to search for the truth but for now I have decided it's better to be honest with myself and others about what my beliefs are. If this has taught me anything it's that forcing yourself to believe something doesn't work and only backfires in the long run. I tried forcing myself to watch answers in genesis for a while and suppress my grievances. However that ultimately backfired as my issues came all at once and I now can't stand Ken ham anymore nor most other Christian groups. I don't like the things they say about gay people. I don't like their politics and I don't like how irrational they often are.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 5/10/2018 at 2:30 PM, Micah collins said:

I was reading and yeah I honestly don't actually believe any of this.

This is kind of embarrassing uh I was feeling really emotional because of a disscution with my grandfather so I figured if I could go through the motions I might be able to convince myself that any of it is true but honestly I'm  still an athiest

I will continue to search for the truth but for now I have decided it's better to be honest with myself and others about what my beliefs are. If this has taught me anything it's that forcing yourself to believe something doesn't work and only backfires in the long run. I tried forcing myself to watch answers in genesis for a while and suppress my grievances. However that ultimately backfired as my issues came all at once and I now can't stand Ken ham anymore nor most other Christian groups. I don't like the things they say about gay people. I don't like their politics and I don't like how irrational they often are.

Thank you Micah now we know what this is about. I'm wondering if you are gay or is it someone else? But I need more before I say anything. Did you ever believe Jesus died for us? If so, did you stop believing it because you think God is against gays, maybe He hates you, or is it about how to cope with being gay and even partially believing that Jesus is real and did die for us. Even the worst of us. This is a good time to remind you that Jesus Himself said He didn't come for the righteous people He came for those with sin problems. That's you my friend. God doesn't hate you, but you do have a sin problem that the church hasn't yet decided how they will handle it. You are probably at the beginning of your adult life while I'm close to the end. That doesn't make me better or anything like that. But I have watched how people handled their sin issues. When the sin is also a human drive that's the toughest. I was also lucky enough to get 1 of them. (sarcasm) I'm assuming you're gay but it may be another person you can't have because she's gay. Do you see what I'm thinking here? This can become very long so I'd rather know. If you don't want to say it openly, and I wouldn't blame you, then send me a PM. I'll treat it confidentially.

Btw, I don't know Ken Ham, but don't worry what he believes. You said you can't pretend you believe a thing, that's a good insight. Now, what will happen, in your future, if you're pretending you don't believe a thing. That can bite you in the ass too. I admit, it's very hard to believe a theology that's saying you can't have what you think means the world to you. (that was kinda my issue)

I just read through your welcome to worthy thread very fast. I see you want help, I'd like to help if I can. I have to tell you being a believer in Jesus doesn't mean you'll have everything you want. I only figured that out in the last 10 yrs. I started thinking about what happened to early believers. Maybe you're not ready for that yet. I'd also say leave the OT for another time. There were things going on back then most people don't know of. I don't think God ever wanted us to know, but we reacted like a little kid will if you tell him he can look in every room of your house except the basement. He's going to think there's something great down there, he will look. But maybe what's down there is a lot of dirt, more dirty stuff than he ever saw. There was nothing of value going on in the OT times. I found out because God decided I could handle it. There was nothing that would have helped in my whole life. As a newbie all the OT will do is give you questions, you have enough of your own.

I honestly hope you pm me. I also would like to your age or approximate age. Things were different when I was young, but all my grandparents were dead before I was 15. Grandparents need special handling, most are quite set in their ways. Even so, I wish I knew mine, maybe they had wisdom my parents never did. I'll also say this, seek wisdom in all things. Wisdom will preserve you when all else fails. I got that from King Solomon and he was right.

Take care my friend and stop putting so much pressure on yourself. Each day has enough pressure on it's own.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/9/2018 at 12:37 AM, Micah collins said:

Today i've decided to become a christian again and have once again started to listen to christian media but i personally feel conflicted and im struggling as ive been an atheist for almost 3 years now. 

If you ever were a Christian, you never stopped being one.

Christians can do just about anything stupid, even deny there is a God... in the face of all the evidence to the contrary. Christians can become cultists, blaspheme, you name it. But because through faith in Christ Jesus they gave their life to God... God is not letting go. If we stray too far, 1 Corinthians 5:5 assures us on the one hand that he will take us out before we could somehow lose our salvation. On the other hand it's quite scary that he will turn us over to the arch enemy to accomplish this. "Turn such a one over to satan for the destruction of the body so the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord."

People can "give up" on God for any number of reasons. Lust, self pity, peer pressure, ignorance (falling prey to the bullying of the scientific community and the mass media as well as the education system). All these outlets preach a blind faith religion (atheism) that goes against the facts with bullying tactics. I came to Christ as a kindergarten student. Lost my way as a teenager (including submitting to homosexual abuse by a 40 year old "friend of the family" for 2 years because I was looking for a father figure after my dad passed away).  I tried New Age, I tried Baptist Seminary, Roman Catholicism, etc. Then I found the truth. 

All the things I mentioned (plus more in everyone's individual case) clouds truth, confounds people, causes them to chase around in circles... anything but do what we are here to do: come to Christ and help others to do the same.