Heaven and hell

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

This is my basic understanding of the different views of the christian afterlife. immediately After death you no longer have a physical body so your purely spiritual according to most christian denominations you reside with God if you were a believer and in tartarus if you were not. in some denominations you are simply unconscious after death. then comes the resurrection when resurrected the believers go to heaven while those who werent go to hell. the exact nature of heaven and hell is another topic.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 5/9/2018 at 1:30 PM, Micah collins said:

This is my basic understanding of the different views of the christian afterlife. immediately After death you no longer have a physical body so your purely spiritual according to most christian denominations you reside with God if you were a believer and in tartarus if you were not. in some denominations you are simply unconscious after death. then comes the resurrection when resurrected the believers go to heaven while those who werent go to hell. the exact nature of heaven and hell is another topic.

Well Micah, I'd say you're about 80% right. I would have given you a higher score if you didn't call hell tartarus. Google tartarus, that's what I did. Actually I'm surprised the word tartarus is even in the Bible, it's a pagan word. According to Greek mythology tartarus is about 10 times worse than hell. Bad human souls go to hell, bad immortal souls go to tartarus.

I could use that to write a small book, but I think you wanted to know if you were right. Yeah, for the most part. Now I wonder why you asked.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

"Bad human souls go to hell, bad immortal souls go to tartarus."

Are not all souls immortal?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  761
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

17 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Immortality is in Jesus. Those that accept Jesus obtain immortality. 

Those born from above spend eternity with Yeshua. Those that reject Yeshua perish in the lake of fire. 

8 hours ago, ejected said:

Immortality is in Jesus. Those that accept Jesus obtain immortality. 

Those born from above spend eternity with Yeshua. Those that reject Yeshua perish in the lake of fire. 

The Defeat of Satan

Revelation 20:

7 And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea. 9 And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them,10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

The Defeat of Satan

Revelation 20:

7 And when the thousand years are ended, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will come out to deceive the nations that are at the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them for battle; their number is like the sand of the sea. 9 And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them,10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Note that those who had surrounded the city were 'consumed'. Now we all know that God Himself is a consuming fire. This fire that consumes all that sought to take over the throne was from God Himself. Note also that this takes pace on the surface of the planet. The fire forms a lake...on the surface of the planet...and the devil and his demons will be thrown in among them. This lake of fire cachet last for all eternity, because we know that there is a new heavens to be created, but more importantly, a new earth,,,right where that lake is burning! So by the time a new earth is made, that fire, that consuming fire, has done its work. It has consumed those for whom it was intended. They are now eternally dead, destroyed, perished, "as if they had never been". Yes, they did suffer in torment for a time; day and night "forever and ever", which does not mean eternal or infinite. Sinners, nor the devil, are immortal. The fire that destroys all sinners, also destroys all the pollution, rubble, filth, poisons and toxins that resulted from the 7 last plagues of a 1000 years previous. No-one was alive on the planet during that time. Except Satan. It needed a second resurrection to bring those wicked people alive to face the final execution of their judgment. That execution was death, just as Romans 6:23 tells us. 

On 12/05/2018 at 12:35 PM, Neighbor said:

No. And there is not one scripture in the entire word of God suggesting anyone is immortal apart from those to whom mortality is given as a gift. We all know who they are. 

1 hour ago, brakelite said:

No. And there is not one scripture in the entire word of God suggesting anyone is immortal apart from those to whom mortality is given as a gift. We all know who they are. 

As for me, I think I'll find company with  the expositions of Charles Spurgeon, John Darby, John MacArthur, John Gill and even  St Thomas Aguinas,  and not with Edward Fudge.

2 hours ago, Neighbor said:

As for me, I think I'll find company with  the expositions of Charles Spurgeon, John Darby, John MacArthur, John Gill and even  St Thomas Aguinas,  and not with Edward Fudge.

Oh. I was hoping that if you responded at all, you would cite scripture for your answer. But those famous theologians named above surely used scripture to defend man's natural immortality. I just remembered one, so my assertion previously that there is no scripture supporting man's natural immortality was an error. Genesis 3:4. Do you think it really matters that it is a quote from the father of lies? Maybe this once, he was telling the truth you think? Perhaps his name should be included in your list whose company you prefer?

Edited by brakelite

I see no reason to debate Edward Fudge-ry, a man of distraction a servant of the evil one's premises. The Bible is pretty clear in fact very clear. It needs  no re-affirmation from me, least not to refute the errors of Fudge's adherents in their  championing this minister of distraction touting the annihilationist's deceit.

Yes I will happily stand in the shadow of Levitt, Spurgeon, MacArthur, and in fact most every Christian pastor / teacher that has every been led  by the Holy Spirit to proclaim the gospel of Jesus as compared to  following the ministers of distraction selling books of contrarian-isms to make lighter the eternal consequence of denial of God.

Spurgeon once declared in  one of his sermons that he would have no concern for the lost if they were to  meet an end and it be done with. That lightening of consequence of denying God is the very deceit and the appeal of the distraction by the ministers of distraction like Fudge as he carries the banner of the "Annihilationists" in attempt  for personal profit in book selling and in service to his father the evil one.It is a subtle appeal to forgo submission to God and to bravely go into the darkness of this good night railing against Him instead for the consequence is but  brief and then nothing. That is simply not o. God is just his wrath is permanent His standard is perfection alone. Only Jesus satisfies His wrath, nothing else will spare anyone eternal consequence, including the wish for oblivion as an option. There is no peace of oblivion for the deniers of God's salvation by grace alone through Jesus alone.