• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/09/1984

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. 10Is there anything of which one can say, "Look! This is something new"? It was here already, long ago; it was here before our time. 11No one remembers the former generations, and even those yet to come will not be remembered by those who follow them. (Ecclesiastes 1:9-11) 

One day, I was working for God, and studying my Bible, and The Holy Ghost pointed out Ecclesiastes 1:9-11 to me.  Nothing new happens under the sun.   The concept of "Nothing New Happens Under the Sun" became very central to what God was showing me in terms of prophecy.  Later, I found that Partial Preterism kind of covers what God was showing me, but maybe not 100% perfectly. 

In terms of Prophecy, there is the Book of Jude.  Jude 1:14 and Enoch 1:9 both are talking about a figure coming with with 10,000 or thousands upon thousands of Holy Ones to bring God's Judgement on The Wicked. 

Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: "See, the LORD is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones (Jude 1:14) 

And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones
To execute judgement upon all,
And to destroy all the ungodly: (Enoch 1:9)

Cyrus The Great was God's chosen conqueror to bring his Judgement upon Babylon.  (Isaiah 45)  Cyrus the Great is mentioned many times in the Bible favorably.  Cyrus  had 10,000 Immortals.  10,000 Immortals like 10,000 Saints?  Cyrus the Great was also referred to as King of Kings rightly or wrongly?  Cyrus the Great appears to have fulfilled Enoch 1:9. 

Nothing New Happens under the sun.  We have Jude 1:14.  There is also a similar reference in Deuteronomy 33:2. 

This concept of Nothing New Happens Under the Sun works for many things.  One of the common critiques of Preterism is that John of Patmos would have been living through Revelations or wrote it after Revelations.  Give John saw that Nothing New Happens Under the Sun he may have seen how God was working, and it may have helped aid him in understanding and Prophetic writing and/or his vision was informed by what he was seeing and experiencing. 

Edited by Manonfire63

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,678
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Birthday:  08/07/1941

People who believe that most, if not all, the prophesies of the Old Testament have been fulfilled in the past or just ignore them, are those who prefer to not face the reality of a forthcoming, worldwide devastation by the Lord.

The prophesies of this judgement/punishment onto the enemies of God, are very well described throughout the O.T. and are confirmed by the New Testament. In over 100 scripture passages, this terrifying event is vividly described as a devastating fire sent by God from the sun, that will literally fulfil all that is predicted about it.

Some of the prophesies speak in an allegorical way about this event, Joel 2:1-11 is an example. But most say what will happen, in an unambiguous way, for example:

Ezekiel 7:17… people will wet their pants in fright as they see what is coming.

Isaiah 24:1 Be warned, the Lord is about to strip the earth and scatter its inhabitants.

Zephaniah 3:8 On the Day I accuse the whole earth, it will be enveloped by My burning anger. I will pour out My wrath upon the nations.

2 Peter 3:7 …the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, for the Day of Judgement and the destruction of the ungodly.

Psalm 50:3 Our God is coming, with His consuming fire and raging storm…

Nothing like that has happened to the world as yet, but what is so clearly described could and will happen; if we are to believe the Bible. Secular scientists are aware of this possibility of a massive explosion of the suns surface, a Coronal mass Ejection, in fact: they say there is a high probability of such an event and it could occur at any time.

It is a mistake to think these prophesies and all the others that tell of this event, are past history, or abrogated by Jesus. Remember He is prophesied to come: ‘like a lightning flash, seen from East to West… Mathew 24:27-28 and ‘with His winnowing fork in His hand …to burn the chaff on a fire….Matthew 3:12

Then: where the vultures gather, there will be the carcasses. Vultures: the attackers of Israel. Carcasses: Those killed on that Day. Ezekiel 30:1-5, Psalms 97:3-5, Jeramiah 9:22, Isaiah 6:11-13, +

This dramatic event is the yet to happen, Sixth Seal worldwide disaster. Not the Return of Jesus in glory for His Millennium reign, that will be about 20 years later.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/09/1984

The concept of "Nothing New happens Under the Sun" is important to understanding history, prophecy, and "The Signs of the Times." 

Any time 10,000 has popped up in the media, it may be a sign for something. 

Edited by Manonfire63