WorthyNewsBot

• Group:  Bots
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39,879
  • Topics Per Day:  6.49
  • Content Count:  44,074
  • Content Per Day:  7.18
  • Days Won:  2

(Worthy News) - President Donald Trump is suggesting that reporters have their credentials revoked for reporting negative news about him.

Trump complained in a Wednesday tweet that “despite the tremendous success we are having with the economy & all things else,” most news about him is “negative (Fake).”

He asked why the White House works with the media “when it is corrupt,” adding, with a question mark: “Take away credentials?” [ Source: Washington Times (Read More...) ]

The post Trump suggests revoking credentials over ‘negative’ reporting appeared first on Worthy Christian News.

View the full article

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,673
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

While I agree most of the news about him is fake, and is trashy journalism at its best, what hes proposing is a bad idea. Oh, he may have the best of intentions and if implemented may clean up journalism while he is in office, but once he is out, the next president may use the same precedents to curtail the media and push a liberal agenda, even moreso then the media is doing now, and shutup anyone who dares report against what is considered the moral good.

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

I pretty much agree, but there needs to be some type of accountability for deliberate misleading news even if they have to track it down to it's source. The same media that pushes for gun control (2nd Amendment) needs a bit of control of their own (1st Amendment). It's still illegal to shout "Fire!" (1st Amendment), if there is no fire, in a crowded theatre, I believe.

I think they need accountability yes-just not from the government. Anytime you give power to the government, it doesn't turn out well.

I think the people need to stand up and hold the news networks accountable...if they wont report accurately people need to boycott and protest them. Love to see a 29,000 people march on cnn.

Guest shiloh357
2 hours ago, Cletus said:

the first amendment says the government shall not limit freedom of speech or the press.  freedom of speech is liberty to speak without governmental restraint.

what trump is doing is violating the first amendment if he acts on his words.

if trump is serious about making america great again then He must do so without violating the constitution.  i dont like fake news, cant stand a lie.  cant stand an agenda that is bad for americans and bad for freedom.  but everyone is equal under the law, at least thats what they said to get the 13th amendment passed. 

if trump acts on this, its really no different than what Obama did.  its tyranny. 

Trump needs to sort this out another way.  because really he is only giving liberals and globalists ammunition to shoot him with on this.  they could easily say he is trying to be a dictator and just like hitler. 

one of the tactics fake news industries use is repeat the same lie over and over until the people believe it.  sadly, many of these people have the right to vote, which IS an injustice in and of itself.  should we also take away their right to vote because they believe these lies and vote accordingly? what i am sayingis once the line is blurred on a president altering the constitution, its open season on amendments.... be vewwy vewwy quiet, we are hunting constitutional rights... heh heh heh he. 

No, he is not violating the 1st amendment.  He is simply talking about revoking their press credentials.   That doesn't mean he is shutting down the press, at all.  They can still print their lies and spew their lives on TV and the Internet.  But He is revoking some their privilege and access due to false reporting.   

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  03/22/1953

I guess I'm not clear on exactly what the issue is here.  Pres. Trump said "credentials."  Is he referring to WH Press Corps credentials?  (I assume he is).  That, then, is slightly different than a strictly 1st Amendment issue.  

I think we can all agree that access to the WH Press room must be restricted and limited - the sheer number of "press organizations" make that imperative.  But then - one may ask - what constitutes a legitimate press organization?  Is the Podunk High School student newspaper to be provided the same credentials as CNN or FNC (wait, that might not be a bad idea!)

So obviously credentials exist for a purpose, but then that begs the next question - who determines what is or is not a "valid" press organization?

Theoretically, a press organization COULD be denied its WH press credentials based on its perceived biases.  And, as much as some of us would like to see CNN (for an example) banned, I hope we can in our saner moments agree it is not a good idea.  For if a president (or his WH staff) we agree with can do this, so can a POTUS we do not agree with.

I have to plead ignorance on exactly what is the procedure for one to attain WH press credentials - perhaps it is some sort of lottery system.  That would - for me - be a fair system.  One that does not take into account biases.

All of us are frustrated with the state of the media in our country today.  But the solution (I believe) does not exist in tinkering around with the 1st Amendment.  And even though denying credentials is not technically denying one's 1st A rights, it's a start to what is perhaps a slippery slope.

I consider myself a 1st Amendment absolutist - it should be as unrestricted as possible.  The solution to "fake news" (negative news is a different matter) is not to limit the 1st A.  Rather, it's to get valid news out there.  

In the parable of the wheat and the tares, the solution was to let both grow to fruition, then it would be easier to distinguish between the two.  Fake news will eventually be exposed by the reporting of truth.

Blessings,

-Ed

Guest shiloh357
9 hours ago, Cletus said:

yes he is.    if trump acts its governmental restraint on press... on being able to say what you want.  its a restriction.  

That is not what he is suggesting.   He is not suggesting that they cannot say what they want to say.   He suggests that some of them not have press credentials in the daily briefing.

its a restraint.  its stopping someone from saying what they want.  it is indeed a violation.  it is indeed not within the scope of what government entities are supposed to be able to do.  

Wrong.   He is not stopping them from saying what they want.  He didn't even suggest that all.  Pulling press credentials on a press that lies, puts out false information, spins what the White House says and misrepresent isn't stopping free speech.   Slandering the president and his family, lying about he president isn't protected speech.  And frankly, they should just not have the press briefing.   

the problem with your point of view is that when another globalist or muslim empathizer gets in office, well pat said it better than i can.... "shutup anyone who dares report against what is considered the moral good."

that is an invalid comparison.   Trump isn't saying that they cannot say what they want, but simply lose the privilege of press credentials needed to participate in the daily briefings.  That does not restrict them from saying and printing what they want.  Press credentials are not a first amendment right.  They are privilege granted by the White House. There is no obligation by the White House to grant them and they can be taken away at the pleasure of the White House.

i do not like it one bit and i wish they would shut down media like cnn and never hear of them again.  but the first amendment is clear.   finding loop holes will not make this country great again.  and doing one thing and calling it another... thats no better than what globalists and muslim empathizers do while in office.  how great is that for america? 

The problem is that you are trying to refute an argument that wasn't raised.   You need to slow down and read what was actually said instead of trying argue against a point that was never made.

besides that trump does not have to shut down the press (your words) to violate the first amendment.  simply restricting them is a violation. 

He isn't restricting them at all.  They can say whatever they want.  

And by the way, ALL freedoms come with restrictions.   Not all speech is protected by the first Amendment, such as slander which is what comes out of the media most of the time, when it comes to this president.    If he was not a sitting president and was being slandered like this, he could sue the media outlets for slander and libel.

Edited by shiloh357