• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/17/2004

I thank God for the beauty he gave me but honestly i'm having trouble. Boys keep flirting and asking to be my BF but i know my parents won't like it AT ALL. I give them signs to show i'm not interested but they don't listen and it's very annoying, alot of my friends have asked me out and i feel terrible when i say no but i don't want to go against my parents' wishes . What should i do?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

It's wise of you to want to obey  your parents on this issue.   So many young teens dating at such young ages, and it usually leads to temptation and possibly a ruined life.

As Yown said, just tell them your parents don't want you to date yet.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

16 hours ago, Chrisy said:

I thank God for the beauty he gave me but honestly i'm having trouble. Boys keep flirting and asking to be my BF but i know my parents won't like it AT ALL. I give them signs to show i'm not interested but they don't listen and it's very annoying, alot of my friends have asked me out and i feel terrible when i say no but i don't want to go against my parents' wishes . What should i do?

Physical beauty in this world is a curse! Especially if a girl!!! Be wise enough to see the aged all become not so attractive... so don't build your person upon that which fades away!!! Build upon the everlasting and you shall keep it without loss into eternity... 

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,782
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Hang in there youngen!
Prayed... Love, Steven 

• Followers:  12
  • Content Count:  449
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/16/1964

18 hours ago, Chrisy said:

Rough deal, but for starters I would certainly obey my parents. Most of those "boys," including the Christian ones, are not being motivated by the Spirit of God when they flirt with you; they're being driven by their fleshly lusts, and these are the LAST types you want as your "BF."

Try dressing down, and wearing less make up and jewelry. Scripture commands godly women to cloth themselves in humility (1 Timothy 2:9-10). One of the Greek words used in this passage is properly translated as "modesty," which means you seek to NOT be noticed by people, and for a beautiful woman this can take some work. But it also sends a signal that you are not "advertising," if you will. This will thin the herd some.

You might also try to avoid as much contact with them, but above all pray that the Lord guides you. If you pray to Him for ways to not be treated like an object, I can promise you He'll begin revealing to you things you can both say and do that will change the way people see you, and cause them to treat you with more respect.

God bless,

Hidden

• Loved it! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Content Count:  197
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/17/2004

29 minutes ago, Hidden In Him said:

Rough deal, but for starters I would certainly obey my parents. Most of those "boys," including the Christian ones, are not being motivated by the Spirit of God when they flirt with you; they're being driven by their fleshly lusts, and these are the LAST types you want as your "BF."

Try dressing down, and wearing less make up and jewelry. Scripture commands godly women to cloth themselves in humility (1 Timothy 2:9-10). One of the Greek words used in this passage is properly translated as "modesty," which means you seek to NOT be noticed by people, and for a beautiful woman this can take some work. But it also sends a signal that you are not "advertising," if you will. This will thin the herd some.

You might also try to avoid as much contact with them, but above all pray that the Lord guides you. If you pray to Him for ways to not be treated like an object, I can promise you He'll begin revealing to you things you can both say and do that will change the way people see you, and cause them to treat you with more respect.

God bless,

Hidden

Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yowm said:

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:                          :rofl:

What? :)  People say I'm the funniest when I'm actually trying to be serious, LoL.

1 hour ago, Chrisy said:

Thanks

You're welcome.
And don't worry. When God sends you Mr. Right, you get to go all out, LoL.

• Haha 1

Just now, Yowm said:

I just loved that expression, "This will thin the herd some."

it just deserved 7 ROFL...with one of the herd thinned out.

Ha Ha! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

The advice here has been sound. Let me add the suggestion to look up "Love and Marriage," a sermon by Voddie Baucham, on Youtube. It will transform your thinking and open up to you the way to look for a godly man who can be a good husband to you some day.

God bless!