• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

55 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

That is what I spiritually discerned.  Maybe you are over-emphasizing that one scripture at the expense of others...?  It is but one truth and needs to be taken in balance with all the others.  I can only advise again to please be sure you test everything.

I appreciate your encouragement and instruction. May Christ’s peace dwell in your heart richly. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, Heleadethme said:

The trouble is we can't rely on a feeling of peace entirely.....because there is a deceptive peace.....by which many will be destroyed.  We still need to test it by the Word and so again I want to stress that it is the word of God that needs to be preached/taught rather than a concept called a "relationship".  If we say, well if that's what your relationship with Christ is teaching you then it must be okay, that is misleading and fraught with peril.

In all seriousness, that is how I discerned it......in other words, another spirit.

Everyone pay HUGE HEED to this .   THIER is a false peace ensuing many,  its done through this mid eastern new age blend of meditation .    And I have spoke

to a few of them.  AND THEY JUST THINK they on cloud nine and have this peace,  YET teach things like GOD is in all religions ,  or support gay marriage and other things .

THIS SISTER is RIGHT .   THIER is such a thing as a false peace .   FEELINGS and justthat , FEELINGS .   ALL THINGS must be tested BY GOD , HIS HOLY WORD .

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Everyone pay HUGE HEED to this .   THIER is a false peace ensuing many,  its done through this mid eastern new age blend of meditation .    And I have spoke

to a few of them.  AND THEY JUST THINK they on cloud nine and have this peace,  YET teach things like GOD is in all religions ,  or support gay marriage and other things .

THIS SISTER is RIGHT .   THIER is such a thing as a false peace .   FEELINGS and justthat , FEELINGS .   ALL THINGS must be tested BY GOD , HIS HOLY WORD .

It is true that there is a false everything. For until a believer knows how to be “lead by the Spirit of God” he will be lead by his human reasoning (self). Doing what looks or seems right to him at any given moment of time. For there are only two options, “self” or “Christ.” All are lead by one or the other. It’s only one’s personal relationship with Christ that can teach a believer to move on from self to be lead by the Spirit of Christ in them. 

Edited by Not me
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I am pretty sure Not Me is preaching Romans 8, please read it. Everything he/she is talking about is right there. :)

We must be on full out alert and on guard .     We must test those spirits against   every word of GOD.   Man does not live by bread alone , by feelings , BUT BY EVERY WORD of GOD .

3 hours ago, Davida said:

That is a stretch. There will be many who have allowed mysticism into Christianity & who seek it. 

Sister  this is spot on accurate .   These days if one says they believe in JESUS ,  ya better ask them which one .   I aint kidding either .

we got some thinking they got to smoke weed to get prophecies , others humming chants ,  some saying the all inclusive jesus and so on and etc.

A hint .   and I am sure WELL you KNOW THIS .     IF the JESUS anyone is following contradicts the biblical one ,    its all vain .   its just vain .

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

8 hours ago, Not me said:

It is true that there is a false everything. For until a believer knows how to be “lead by the Spirit of God” he will be lead by his human reasoning (self). Doing what looks or seems right to him at any given moment of time. For there are only two options, “self” or “Christ.” All are lead by one or the other. It’s only one’s personal relationship with Christ that can teach a believer to move on from self to be lead by the Spirit of Christ in them. 

Actually Not me.....there is a third option......being led by false christs, false spirits.  There is true spirituality and false spirituality.  I agree we are not to be led by carnal reasoning......but we also need to be careful of false spirits.  That's why are to TEST the spirits.  The devil is SO deceptive, and it only takes a little tweeked concept sometimes to lead us off the track.  Just make sure we are anchored to, nailed to, and grounded in the word of God and not letting our thoughts take flight and ascend above the stars, so to speak.   Rather, our thoughts and imaginations need to be brought into CAPTIVITY  to the Word of God.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

5 hours ago, SerenSunflower said:

I am pretty sure Not Me is preaching Romans 8, please read it. Everything he/she is talking about is right there. :)

Then I am sorry, but I can't help but ask, why not just preach what Romans 8 says and that way the rightful Author of it gets the glory....and also we would be giving a more accurate and less interpretative rendition.  Give the devil no wiggle room.

• Praise God! 1

6 hours ago, Davida said:

The Teacher /Student dialogue is a false spiritual teaching, based upon eastern mystical of guru /teacher idea with the name of "Christ" inserted, but it is a different Christ that this presents rather then the Lord Jesus Christ of the Bible.  Jesus is not found through feelings or spiritual or metaphysical experiences. We are to test the spirits and not be deceived and we do that by checking all teachings and claims  with what the Bible teaches. 
 Sola Scriptura:  The Bible is our only authority for God's truth & for the knowing if we are in a relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ we are given the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the entirety of the 66 books of the Bible to read & study.  Sola scriptura -  God's word is sufficient and should be kept as our supreme authority in spiritual matters. 

The Bible warns us about not listening to the doctrines of seducing spirits and Jesus said many will come in my name. The devil in the garden presented Adam & Eve with an alternative path to spiritual wisdom rather then obeying God's word & we saw where that lead. There are many Non-Bible based false spiritual teachings  & practices that are entering into Christianity from the new age & various ungodly spiritual influences & authors. Mysticism puts the emphasis upon feelings and spiritual experience over concrete intellectual study of Bible scripture and being knowledgeable of Christian theology & sound doctrine.  

Or,

It’s  a story about two believers, a young believer talking to an older believer,,, wherefore the older believer directs the young believer to his personal relationship with Christ. 

Seeing how we are told to be do’ers of the Word and not hearers only. We read in scripture we are told to “come unto me all you that are heavy laden and I will give you rest”.  For us to do that,  we need to actually go to Jesus and get to know Him. How else can we get to know Him but “personally”? Than we read, we are told by Jesus to “abide in me”. Meaning to maintain that personal relationship with Him. Than we read what He said the Mary, “Mary has chosen the good thing”. (Sitting at Jesus’s feet and learning of Him) And than as  almost a seal to Mary’s decision,  He says “and it will not be taken away from her”. 

So it would seem that the Teacher gave good sound scriptural advice to the student.  

5 hours ago, SerenSunflower said:

Blessed are you. You put a smile on my face. You have eyes that see. Yes, the student was referring to the truths in Romans 7&8, “reckon yourselves dead onto sin,  but alive onto God”. The young believer had heard of  the truths contained in the scripture. But had yet to know them by anything but with his mind.. Had tried to make them his own by the strength of His will. Not knowning they needed to be “birthed”or to become “life” in Him. So the wise Teacher pointed him to the One that can make them a “living reality” in the students life. Then he throws this little nugget in, that “this personal relationship with Christ was the first forming of Christ in Him.”

Blessed are you, my brother/sister in Christ. May He abundantly increase Christ in your innermost being. 

Edited by Not me

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

Actually Not me.....there is a third option......being led by false christs, false spirits.  There is true spirituality and false spirituality.  I agree we are not to be led by carnal reasoning......but we also need to be careful of false spirits.  That's why are to TEST the spirits.  The devil is SO deceptive, and it only takes a little tweeked concept sometimes to lead us off the track.  Just make sure we are anchored to, nailed to, and grounded in the word of God and not letting our thoughts take flight and ascend above the stars, so to speak.   Rather, our thoughts and imaginations need to be brought into CAPTIVITY  to the Word of God.

The third option you mentioned is just another manifestation of the life of “self”. We are told “to whomever you present your members to obedience,  His servants you are” Only two options are given,  all must be included in those two options. But I agree with you,  there are many out there that would deceive even the elect if that were possible. But thanks be to God for the scripture that says; because Mary had chosen “the good thing it would not be taken away from her.” Who do you think  Jesus was talking about, when He said “it would not be taken away from Her.” Do you think He was talking about Himself or someone else?

Edited by Not me