Heb 13:8

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

Students know when they've passed when the teacher gives them their grade, but how do we know when the test is spiritual. Does anyone have any scripture or websites explaining the how? Thank you. - Heb

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Students know when they've passed when the teacher gives them their grade, but how do we know when the test is spiritual. Does anyone have any scripture or websites explaining the how? Thank you. - Heb

The standard of God is perfection. All have fallen short, none are perfect, none can be.

All that are saved are saved by the Grace of God alone, so that none may boast.

The first test is to know there is no test, no test that any man or woman may pass. Salvation is not by the works of any person. It is all of God by His love and His mercy that some may be saved from what is fair by any standard or test.

Do not seek fairness for fairness nets what is deserved, eternal wrath of God. Instead listen to  the specific call of the Holy Spirit to repentance from sin against God to turn to Jesus  who is God and to whom God the Father has given all that will be saved by the sacrifice made by Jesus at Calvary, upon the cross, as the passover lamb.

Jesus died and rose again defeating death so that many may live eternally with Him in the sight of God the Father.all foreknown and all predestined from before the beginning. Each seen as perfect under the cover of the shed blood, not of bulls, but of the Lamb of God.

Turn to Jesus for He alone is  the test and He is faithful, true, the firstfruit of many to come, and the only way  to life eternal  with God.

• This is Worthy 1

18 hours ago, Butero said:

That is speaking of the judgment.  Are you speaking of something specific in this life?  

Yes, in this life after you've come to Christ. For example, if you messed up but you also flee from the situation and turn back to God, did you fail because you messed up or did you pass because you turned back to God Is what I'm saying.

That's another question. How do you know what you're going through is a test from God. When the subject is spiritual it's more confusing isn't it. :)

What is considered a test from God?

14 hours ago, Butero said:

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:  if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.  To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.  Revelation 3:20,21

1 Jhn 5:4-5 for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 5Who is it that overcomes the world? Only the one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

There is no condemnation for those in christ. We are never judged. Christ was put on the cross for our sins. We are no longer under judgement. 

There is no test. Only faith and trust in christ.

• Praise God! 1

1 hour ago, Wayne222 said:

We are never judged. We are no longer under judgement.

2 Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

37 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Trials are what we are tested with to test if we remain faithful in relying on Him. We fail when we end up relying on ourselves by not trusting God but man, or our own resources.

I guess another way to measure passing or failing is that our life improves if we've passed the test? But then again look at the 1st cent martyr's.

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,556
  • Content Per Day:  2.29
  • Days Won:  9

6 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

2 Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.

I guess another way to measure passing or failing is that our life improves if we've passed the test? But then again look at the 1st cent martyr's.

We receive rewards. Or lose rewards. But we dont pay for sins at the judgement seat of christ. Its already been paid in full by the chief !

3 minutes ago, Wayne222 said:

We receive rewards. Or lose rewards. But we dont pay for sins at the judgement seat of christ. Its already been paid in full by the chief !

I totally agree, but how can we know while on earth if we're receiving or losing rewards?

3 minutes ago, Yowm said:

What about the 1st century martyrs? That's what much of Heb 11 covers...

Hebrews 11:35-38 KJV
[35] Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection: [36] And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment: [37] They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented; [38] (Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

How can we know if we've passed or failed the test? Can we know now, or do we have to wait until we get to Bema seat to know what crowns and rewards we receive or lose.

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

God's Spirit convicts us when we let Him down and assures us when we have been faithful in trusting Him as well as our conscience.

So the only way to lose crowns and rewards is if a believer died without repenting that day?

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,412
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Look at the book of JOB in the opening chapter and see how a trial could be sent your way.  JOB  did not know he was under a trial, but he endured through the tremendous trial and suffering that came his way.  It was his faith that saw him through and as we have the word now, we know it was the Lord who  allowed the trial.

I can testify though, that spiritual battles are real and they can be felt just as a pin would prick you, but only when you have gone through those battles can it be explained or understood.  Life's journey are filled with the ups and downs and you really don't know which is of the Lord, so you have to be faithful in all things as it is described below.  

1 Peter 4 King James Version (KJV)

12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.

16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

Edited by warrior12