• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

I totally agree, but how can we know while on earth if we're receiving or losing rewards?

I guess show Gods love in acts. Also share the gospel pray for others. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Students know when they've passed when the teacher gives them their grade, but how do we know when the test is spiritual. Does anyone have any scripture or websites explaining the how? Thank you. - Heb

“He that endure the to the end, the same shall be saved.”

It is of far less importance what one gets on their quarterly exams, or on their midterms. All that matters is what one gets on their finals, amen? 

We have this idea planted in our heads that our salvation is a one time occurrence. But when we examine it more closely, our salvation is, in fact,is a grafting into to Him.... Jesus Himself. Because of the cross, we as wild branches have  been grafted into Him. He is our very lifeblood and as we abide in Him, and grow up into Him in all things, to our amazement and delight, we see spiritual fruits, characteristics of Jesus Himself growing out of that union. 

Our  salvation is not ‘an experience’ we undergo, it is a relationship that grows us into vessels for His use. It is great error to think our salvation is a one time prayer. As we abide in the vine, and draw life from Him. We are safe from eternal separation on judgment day. Why is looking at our salvation as a one -and-done experience? Because our God becomes the experience, our faith rests in our salvation, rather than a daily abiding in Christ. 

It would be like marrying someone with great fanfare and joy, but forgetting your soulmate and keying in on the fact that you are married. You may touch base with your spouse weekly, and share with all your friends about you being married, but unless you nurture the relationship, your marriage will either not last or be one of distance and lack of love. 

So when we read the scriptures about the security of the believer, what we need to do is realize the key to that security is for us to stay a believer, and to grow in faith. To assure ourselves that we are saved and nothing we do can alter that, no matter what future sin we may commit, no matter how far we have drifted from His heart, is dangerous ground. 

This stirs up all sorts of emotional responses from those who have been brought up under this teaching of OSAS, and I understand why. To accept it as false fills us with uncertainty and dread, for we know how wavering we can be in our behavior. And it seems to leave us with no choice other than to try harder to keep our fleshly nature under and not let it stray. Our assurance is shaken that we will make it, for we know all too well the darkness that still raises its head inside us at times. This alternative, keeping ourselves on the straight and narrow, in our minds can only lead to legalism, where there is no joy and only leaves fear to drive us to keep up with God. 

That leaves us with seemingly only one of two choices.

1) The false belief that we need to do NOTHING to ‘stay’ saved. If that were the case, then the vast majority of the  New Testament would then be deemed unnecessary as most of it is instruction in righteousness and the importance of it in our walks. 

2) The false dreadful legalistic approach whereby it is on our shoulders to never slip up, lest we find on the final day that we missed the mark and weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth will be our eternity. 

One is a false assurance. The other no assurance at all. Is there no answer for us as His children that keeps us close to God all the time, without it being on our shoulders to see to it that we never slip? Yes, and it is called walking in our new nature. 

Right now, those who see the consistent lowering of the standard of the necessity of obedience as a sign of our salvation have had no answer to the question of how to avoid falling into legalism. Thus, a large and ever growing part of the church is drifting further and further from God as continued sin continues to harden hearts, little by little. 

But there is an answer, and Paul shared it when he said:

“I am crucified with Christ, nevertheless I live, yet not I but Christ now live the in me. And the life that I now live, I live by the faith of the son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.”

We are not called to die to self. We are called to reckon it already dead, which allows us... more exactly, God IN US... to mortify the deeds of our fleshly body. . We died when Christ died, but up till now, our unbelief has made holiness an unhittable target. We will all, all of us who truly love the Lord and take seriously the truth that if we love Him, we will keep His commandments, are about to have our eyes opened to the narrow way that brings ‘faith without works’ and ‘faith plus works’ as one in the same.

How is that possible? When we put on our new man, having left the old nature in the dust behind us, praise God, His promise to ‘cause us’ to obey Him moves from almost unbelievable theory, to undeniable fact. It is literally impossible for any one of us walking in our new nature to NOT bring forth fruit unto God. When we read in His Word things we are asked to do, something in us shouts “Yes!” and we do it. That, guys, is real freedom. 

Listen. Our job is NOT to do good works. Our job is to make our tree good. And how to we do that? By an outrageously bold and wonderful act of faith , whereby we glorify our God but believing the fullness of what Jesus accomplished by His death AND His resurrection. Yes, Hoe forgave us. Thank God for that! But His death was also the death of our old nature, and glory to God, His resurrection was also ours, rising up as new natured children of God, yielding ourselves to Him as those who are alive from the dead

One last word of warning for  those who want to dig in their heels and defend the undefendable position that a man can commit any act of vileness and still remain saved. Lest we forget, those branches in Him that did not bring forth fruit were gathered together into bundles and burned. May that fate be avoided for all who read these words. Our God wants to make us fruitful vines and He WILL have them. :)

Blessings,

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  510
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,178
  • Content Per Day:  1.46

Scripture says  “by their fruit shall you know them”

Matthew 7:20 (NASB)
"So then, you will know them by their fruits.

If you have the “fruit of the Spirit”. Love, joy, peace gentleness , meekness, kindness, and such things,  I would say your on track. 

Galatians 5:22 (NASB)
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,

Scripture also say; 

Romans 8:16 (NKJV)
The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,

What is your personal relationship with Christ telling  you? That is where your going to get your confirmation from. 

much love in Christ, Not me 

Edited by Not me

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

Every time this topic is brought up it turns out weird because crowns and rewards are spiritual and faith based, faith unseen. only God can see. only God knows what crowns and rewards truly mean in the afterlife, is probably why scripture describes it "as though somethin strange were happening to yuo"

1 Pet 4:12 Dear friends, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that has come on you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

One last word of warning for  those who want to dig in their heels and defend the undefendable position that a man can commit any act of vileness and still remain saved. Lest we forget, those branches in Him that did not bring forth fruit were gathered together into bundles and burned. May that fate be avoided for all who read these words. 

I heard about a saved man in Paul’s Church That did something extremely vile and yet remained saved. He slept with his stepmother.An “ act of vileness” if I heard of one. I am left “ digging in my heels.”Faith plus nothing.OSAS.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  977
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0

17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? AKJV — 1Peter 4:17

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

One last word of warning for  those who want to dig in their heels and defend the undefendable position that a man can commit any act of vileness and still remain saved. Lest we forget, those branches in Him that did not bring forth fruit were gathered together into bundles and burned. May that fate be avoided for all who read these words. 

I heard about a saved man in Paul’s Church That did something extremely vile and yet remained saved. He slept with his stepmother.An “ act of vileness” if I heard of one. I am left “ digging in my heels.”Faith plus nothing.OSAS.

And he was not assured that all was well, despite his vile sin. . He was put out of the congregation in hopes of him repenting. Are you saying that if he had refused to repent, that he still would have been saved and heard “Well done, though goood and faithful servant“?

5 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

Who were those people at the judgment that said “Lord, Lord, have we not.....?” Did they not say their salvation prayer right? These were not nominal church goers. They were casting our demons, etc. You see, they were deceived into thinking all was well when in fact it was not the case. 

What was the final criteria? What cinched the deal as.to who missed the cut? The words to Jesus Himself.

”Depart from me, all ye that work iniquity.”

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

So the only way to lose crowns and rewards is if a believer died without repenting that day?

You are just framing your question on asking if a man can loose his salvation in subtle ways.   If a man dies in the act of a sin, would he be given the crown of life.  Let any man here answer that.  This is not the matter,but is the believer faithful to the end.   Cause, while we contend, even the most pious believer can commit even one sin in his lifespan, what would be the outcome if he dies committing that one sin and had no chance to repent.   Then again, some men say they never sin anymore, so they are sure of the crown of life.  But is that the assurance of salvation ?.

Agreed, we must abstain from fleshy lust and the things that so easily besets us and do mortify the flesh.  The bible does say those who would live Godly would suffer persecution.  How that happens in a believer's life is his personal testimony and  it will demonstrate his faithfulness.

The believer does not dwell on questions of crowns or rewards, but on keeping the faith and striving to walk in the straight and narrow pathways.

Revelation 2 King James Version (KJV)

10 Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Isaiah 55 King James Version (KJV)

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.

For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.57

6 hours ago, warrior12 said:

You are just framing your question on asking if a man can loose his salvation in subtle ways.

Nah, we are sealed until redemption, Eph 1:13-14, Rom 8:35, 38-39. God bles