• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

1 hour ago, Butero said:

The bottom line of this whole matter is that people who believe in eternal security and people that reject eternal security are saved.  That is because people that believe either way got saved the same exact way and many continue to live for Christ till the end.  As such, they are saved.  I get that.  What I don't understand is those who claim you are saved by faith alone attacking fellow Christians for not believing the same as they do.  What difference does it make? 

If you can't lose your salvation, regardless of how vile you live, or what you do, your doctrinal beliefs shouldn't be important either.  If you can be lost after being saved because you decide you don't believe in unconditional eternal security, then you don't believe in it.  It is not unconditional.  It requires absolute fidelity to a specific doctrine, so the people that try to have it both ways are in reality rejecting the doctrine they claim to believe.  

I can respect a person who believes in OSAS and really means it to the point where they can accept people that don't agree with them as saved because they aren't placing conditions on salvation, but to claim you can't lose it but tell people they aren't saved based on a doctrinal position they arrived at after getting saved makes no sense.  When I say I can respect it, I mean I can respect them for really believing what they say.  I still don't agree with it.  

OSAS IS TRUE ,   SO LONG as the PERSON CONTINUES IN HE WHO SAVED THEM .  but many do fall away ,  and this is why we must always test all things

Follow ONLY CHRIST , teach sound doctrine ,    Actually SOUND DOCTRINE makes ONE WISE UNTO SALVATION .   YEAH , ponder that a bit .

This faith and nothing is what james warned about .     Faith without works IS Dead being alone .  IF they think we can not fall away and etc and that even if one who claims

to believe falls into sin and does not repent of it and still be saved .    WE GOT MAJOR problems .   Not what paul taught .  HE said FOR If  I build the things which once I destroyed

I MAKE myself transgressor and am convinced OF THE LAW AS A TRANSGRESSOR .  THAT DONT SOUND SAVED anymore .  PAUL was a trying to warn folks

THAT JESUS aint the minister of sin , and that is why the early church was so dire on correction when error was spotted and preaching SOUND DOCTRINE to BUILD THE CHURCH UP .

• Group:  Mars Hill

1 hour ago, Butero said:

The text says he was turned over to Satan for the destruction of his body that his soul may be saved.  Taken as you see it, that would mean it took his body being destroyed by Satan to save his soul.  As I am reading what you just wrote, I agree with much of it.  This was a chastisement, and chastisement is meant to bring a person back to God.  This man came back to the Lord.  The text never says the man was going to heaven if he didn't repent.  

Lets suppose for a moment that you are correct, and the man was still saved.  He could be in the act of passion with the woman he was committing adultery and incest with, die of a massive heart attack, and go to heaven, and hear the words, "well done thou good and faithful servant, enter into the joys of the Lord."  After all, his sins, past, present and future are all forgiven, right?  At the same time, you go around claiming a person that gets saved the same way you did, lives for Christ till the end, but rejects unconditional eternal security is in danger of hell fire.  That is completely absurd to me.  

AND IT SHOULD BE .       JESUS said many would do GOOD WORKS in HIS NAME ,  but keep on living in inquity and watch what he says ,  I NEVER KNEW YOU .

you spot on butero.    Our attitude towards sin , is actually less grave than the early church was .    I aint yet warned one ,  I will COME WITH A ROD

I aint once deliverd one over to destruction of the flesh .    I mean lets just keep it real .   James used words like IF ONE OF YOU ,AS IN A BELEIVER ,  does ERR from the truth

AND one converts the sinner from the error of his ways ,    has saved a soul from losing his rewards ,  DONT THINK SO ,  it says has saved a soul FROM DEATH .

I mean we got to keep it serious and follow pauls example who said ,    WHEN I did this or that Was I yeah or nay ,  did it take it lightly ,   NOPE he did not .

Sadly most have the lightest attitude towards sin and error and the promises I have ever seen .     The only thing THEY DEEEPLY TRUST is men and their wisdom and hermanuetics and greek versions of what something is suppose to mean.    AS FOR ME ,    this plain lil dumby in the eyes of many,  IS JUST FINE with THE SPIRIT and its intrepreation of the WORD .

Far as I am concerned let they can keep boasting in their highly learned wisdom and I will just boast in GOD , HIS SPIRIT and though i am not into the highly scholar side

with its many sayings which seems ever so wise to so many ,      THE SPIRIT is all i need .     fact .    And is seen a few BOASTING in their credentials just the other day

and thought HOW SAD .    They can keep what they boast in ,     AS for me ,   THE SPIRIT is all i need .   AND i praise GOD that by his grace and the washing of my soul

and the cleansing of HIS WORD , that  the old world wise wisdom i used to boast in , NOW by grace i see as futile empty and vain .    Let HE who desires to be wise

bcome a FOOL to this worlds wisdom of high and might scholars .      DID you all know in almost every case , the TRUE WISDOM that came to ISRAEL came through

LOWLY non educated poor men , poor prophets and they tried to correct the well renown scholars who knew it all of their day too.     JUST something to ponder .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

42 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Far as I am concerned let they can keep boasting in their highly learned wisdom and I will just boast in GOD , HIS SPIRIT and though i am not into the highly scholar side

with its many sayings which seems ever so wise to so many ,      THE SPIRIT is all i need .     fact .    And is seen a few BOASTING in their credentials just the other day

and thought HOW SAD .    They can keep what they boast in ,     AS for me ,   THE SPIRIT is all i need .   AND i praise GOD that by his grace and the washing of my soul

and the cleansing of HIS WORD , that  the old world wise wisdom i used to boast in , NOW by grace i see as futile empty and vain .    Let HE who desires to be wise

bcome a FOOL to this worlds wisdom of high and might scholars .      DID you all know in almost every case , the TRUE WISDOM that came to ISRAEL came through

LOWLY non educated poor men , poor prophets and they tried to correct the well renown scholars who knew it all of their day too.     JUST something to ponder .

So Duff, do you despise men who take  the time to study  the word in detail and write volumes on their study. Does  that make them incompetent in the things of the Lords work. We are admonish to study thyself to be approved unto God.  There are men who devote their time to studying the different languages ect and in reading the manuscripts and doing the translation ect.   It takes effort and time to do the things that others benefit from.  So I don't disapprove when men put their thoughts to paper. It is up to the reader  to like or dislike an author or learn man writings, but others may benefit.

Paul was a learned man, a lawyer I believe, even before his conversion.  I am amazed at the early fathers who wrote volumes  under candle light, and feather and ink.  No computers and thesaurus, but hard brutal work .   Without scholars, there would be no commentaries, dictionaries and reference to go to.  Yes, we have the spirit, but  we are given gifts to use in the kingdom too.  What about Luther, you don't like what he has to say, he is a scholar and so is William Tyndale. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Speculation and assumption. I am to assume he was saved? 

I will answer your question if you promise to answer mine.Deal?

34 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I will answer your question if you promise to answer mine.Deal?

I worked mid nite shift for 35 years and even though I am retired, I still stay up waaaay late.Gideon is probably fast asleep and I don’t really need his promise—- I can see that he is a good man and that he will try to answer my question—- here It is.......I know a person that was saved when she was very young,as the years went by, she strayed kinda like the Prodgil Son....her straying included drunkenness,fornication and adultery, she had a child out-of - wedlock, sold herself to buy the heroin she was addicted to.She finally saw the light and repented.If she was saved by her repenting how is she any different from the OSAS guy.She could return to all her bad behavior every day and as long as she repented every night before she went to bed she is safe .The “ repent from all you sins before you die”crowd  and  the “those that believe the Gospel are eternally secure” crowd are both free to theoretically sin up a storm and get by with it.It seems your crowd is no different than mine in this regard.Your biggest fear that one can sin and get away with it applies to your crowd too——- do what you want.....just make sure you repent.I would welcome your response.

14 hours ago, warrior12 said:

So Duff, do you despise men who take  the time to study  the word in detail and write volumes on their study. Does  that make them incompetent in the things of the Lords work. We are admonish to study thyself to be approved unto God.  There are men who devote their time to studying the different languages ect and in reading the manuscripts and doing the translation ect.   It takes effort and time to do the things that others benefit from.  So I don't disapprove when men put their thoughts to paper. It is up to the reader  to like or dislike an author or learn man writings, but others may benefit.

Paul was a learned man, a lawyer I believe, even before his conversion.  I am amazed at the early fathers who wrote volumes  under candle light, and feather and ink.  No computers and thesaurus, but hard brutal work .   Without scholars, there would be no commentaries, dictionaries and reference to go to.  Yes, we have the spirit, but  we are given gifts to use in the kingdom too.  What about Luther, you don't like what he has to say, he is a scholar and so is William Tyndale. 

Not at all.    just a general observation .      My problem is when their IN DEPTH studies lead to false ideas .   That is where the rubber meets the road .   And many now do just that .

56 minutes ago, Yowm said:

To me it matters little if one is highly scholared or has a 3rd grade education. I have seen boasting come out of both. It is a treat to come across one who is learned and yet humble. (Chuck Smith and Don Stewart readily come to mind).

If they (learned and unlearned) have Jesus, great, that is what counts.

Pride is found in any group .   from the lowly to the high as covetousness can be found in the poor as well as the rich .  

When the truth is mixed is where I find no taste for it .    Just the pure unadulterated truth is all that fulfills.    Sadly for most the truth is not the desire and the mix is their love .

Again just a GENERAL observation .   to me, the mix is utter stinky .  but man, pure holy truth sound doctrine ,  the heart just rejoices .   Like from every dire warning

to every promise , JUST every reminder from every word of GOD , from every dire warning to every encouragement of the apostels .  YOWM , it just fills the soul so good .

But sadly most like to twist the things that scares them.   AND YET the warnings don't scare me ,  they just exhort the soul .   OH , how I wish this for so many .  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

I wish more people would trust in the finish work of christ . It tells us how we are right before God. The blood of christ is what makes us right.

• This is Worthy 1

4 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

I wish more people would trust in the finish work of christ . It tells us how we are right before God. The blood of christ is what makes us right.

That.....plus lucky last second Repentance to take care of that final sin the Blood just couldn’t handle. God pity the man who has bad luck with that.

Edited by Blood Bought 1953