• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Just now, Blood Bought 1953 said:

That.....plus lucky last second Repentance to take of that final sin the Blood just couldn’t handle. God pity the man who had bad luck with that.

That was  dripping with sarcasm...just in case one took it seriously.

Guest Butero
On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:13 AM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I worked mid nite shift for 35 years and even though I am retired, I still stay up waaaay late.Gideon is probably fast asleep and I don’t really need his promise—- I can see that he is a good man and that he will try to answer my question—- here It is.......I know a person that was saved when she was very young,as the years went by, she strayed kinda like the Prodgil Son....her straying included drunkenness,fornication and adultery, she had a child out-of - wedlock, sold herself to buy the heroin she was addicted to.She finally saw the light and repented.If she was saved by her repenting how is she any different from the OSAS guy.She could return to all her bad behavior every day and as long as she repented every night before she went to bed she is safe .The “ repent from all you sins before you die”crowd  and  the “those that believe the Gospel are eternally secure” crowd are both free to theoretically sin up a storm and get by with it.It seems your crowd is no different than mine in this regard.Your biggest fear that one can sin and get away with it applies to your crowd too——- do what you want.....just make sure you repent.I would welcome your response.

There is no guarantee you will have a chance to repent.  You are rolling the dice doing that.  

Another difference is I believe God forgave her after she repented, but had she died suddenly, like from an overdose of heroin, she would be in hell.  The person that rejects OSAS knows there may be no time for repentance, and saying words isn't enough.  You must mean it.  God knows if we are playing games.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

11 hours ago, Butero said:

There is no guarantee you will have a chance to repent.  You are rolling the dice doing that.  

Another difference is I believe God forgave her after she repented, but had she died suddenly, like from an overdose of heroin, she would be in hell.  The person that rejects OSAS knows there may be no time for repentance, and saying words isn't enough.  You must mean it.  God knows if we are playing games.  

How does a Believer find any peace or real joy in their walk with Jesus on this earth with a sword of Damacles hanging ove their head?

Guest Butero
46 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

How does a Believer find any peace or real joy in their walk with Jesus on this earth with a sword of Damacles hanging ove their head?

I feel peace and joy right now.  Not so much if I am in sin.  I can't speak for others.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

1 hour ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

I understand the feeling of security that the OSAS stance gives believers. In our natural man, we are capable of great emotions of love for the Lord in deep worship, but come Friday night, we are also capable of sinning with the best of them and enjoying it immensely. Am I right? It is this type of walk though, that dishonors God and leads people in the world to view us as hypocrites. 

God has told us what His will for us is..... to know how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honor, to walk as sojourners the world, o keep our bodies under. But  we also know our hearts and how wavering we can be. OSAS offers us security that we need to not fall under condemnation, but if one truly looks at the verses about our ability to lose our salvation, we are then forced to simply ignore them so that our peace is not disturbed. 

But if OSAS is not true, then your question is an excellent one. Surely, there has got to be some way to feel secure and joyful while still living in these fleshly bodies. And there is. What if God would actually take responsibility to keep you from falling into sin? What it it were His job, not ours to make us fruitful and Christ-like. What if God not only made a way of escape every time we were tempted, but also insured that we would take that out? Sound too good to be true? It is true, every word. 

When we finally get to the point we can admit that we are not progressing towards Him, nor are we being changed into His image, and we still give in to sins, both big and small, and it bothers us terribly, we are ready to see how big our God Really is. If we want to be truly changed,  to be secure in His love and to walk in a way that makes us filled with joy that we are truly pleasing Him, and yet find we cannot, for we know what still lies within us, we have finally navigated Romans 7 to its purposed conclusion. 

And what is that? That we finally have no confidence in our fleshly efforts, that God is holy and wants holy, obedient  children.... and we are not. So what is the only conclusion we can come to? We need a miracle! A deliverer!We need to have our hearts changed on the matter. We need to be caused to obey. We need to become new  creatures! And it is this that I have been continually sharing on. 

You see, when we put off our old natures by an act of willful believing, and likewise put on our new natures that God bought for us when He was resurrected, it is these natures that are our security! Why? Because it is these natures rhat God can and will cause to be obedient. It is these natures that can walk intimately with God on Saturday nights just as well as Sunday mornings. It is these natures that can stare down Satan no matter the temptation and not yield to sin or disobedience. 

HE becomes our safety net, Him IN US, not a doctrine. No longer do we depend upon a teaching to silence our wounded consciences. He makes and keeps our consciences clear! Glory! All of a sudden, we can take all the scriptures at face value and not hide from them. If God urges us to do something, we have no dread that we will screw it up. No, we meet it with an assurance we CAN and WILL do it. It is truly remarkable. 

If you have any further questions, I will do my best to answer them.

blessings, 

Gideon

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/14/2018 at 5:58 PM, Wayne222 said:

I wish more people would trust in the finish work of christ . It tells us how we are right before God. The blood of christ is what makes us right.

It really can discern the fruits of someone, can't it. Religious vs born again.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  2,420
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/13/2018 at 9:42 PM, frienduff thaylorde said:

Far as I am concerned let they can keep boasting in their highly learned wisdom and I will just boast in GOD , HIS SPIRIT and though i am not into the highly scholar side

with its many sayings which seems ever so wise to so many ,      THE SPIRIT is all i need .     fact .    And is seen a few BOASTING in their credentials just the other day

and thought HOW SAD .    They can keep what they boast in ,     AS for me ,   THE SPIRIT is all i need .   AND i praise GOD that by his grace and the washing of my soul

and the cleansing of HIS WORD , that  the old world wise wisdom i used to boast in , NOW by grace i see as futile empty and vain .    Let HE who desires to be wise

bcome a FOOL to this worlds wisdom of high and might scholars .      DID you all know in almost every case , the TRUE WISDOM that came to ISRAEL came through

LOWLY non educated poor men , poor prophets and they tried to correct the well renown scholars who knew it all of their day too.     JUST something to ponder .

Did God not give men gifts to be teachers and preachers of the word ?.  Don't quite get when men refuses to be teachable.  Yes, your utmost faith is in God and his enduring wisdom.  But he has blessed many men to teach and preach the word.  If someone don't like what they hear from  the pulpit or what an author write ,then by all means move on.  But bashing men who spend the time to study the word and say write an essay or book about their thoughts to give a broader view of the topic or subject is to undermine progressive studies in the word.   People do see things at different angles and reading is one of the pleasures of life that keeps the mind occupied in constructive use.  Like a basket of apples, you discard the ones that are rotten, but eat the good ones.  

Some men do write and speak for controversies and to sell books and tapes, but you still live in a democracy that gives you the privilege  to choose.  Just choose wisely.  Some men writings have led men to review their lives and come to saving faith.    

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, warrior12 said:

Did God not give men gifts to be teachers and preachers of the word ?.  Don't quite get when men refuses to be teachable.  Yes, your utmost faith is in God and his enduring wisdom.  But he has blessed many men to teach and preach the word.  If someone don't like what they hear from  the pulpit or what an author write ,then by all means move on.  But bashing men who spend the time to study the word and say write an essay or book about their thoughts to give a broader view of the topic or subject is to undermine progressive studies in the word.   People do see things at different angles and reading is one of the pleasures of life that keeps the mind occupied in constructive use.  Like a basket of apples, you discard the ones that are rotten, but eat the good ones.  

Some men do write and speak for controversies and to sell books and tapes, but you still live in a democracy that gives you the privilege  to choose.  Just choose wisely.  Some men writings have led men to review their lives and come to saving faith.    

Do you honestly believe this is what I think.    By grace , brother ,   God has me in that bible daily .   By grace reading , studying for hours daily every day .

HE PUT that love for TRUTH in my heart .  My problem is not with studying the bible .  My problem is with false doctrines that come out of many scholars mouths

and bible changers , who added to , or twisted , or omitted parts of that bible .   My problem is not with in depth study and meditation on Gods word .

ITS with men who have done so , but done so in big error and they build and twist scriptures or use hermunatics to prove THIER OWN messed up teachings .

With those I will do as paul said .   MARK any who cause divsions and things contrary to scripture , you mark them and avoid them.  AND naming names ,   WE DO THAT .

I do not have the time to list all the false prophets and women and men of belial .   But I will keep it as short as I can.  TURN TBN OFF.  TURN the emergent church OFF

TURN rome OFF,  turn the all inclusive move OFF,  have nothing to do with men or women who agree with that doctrine of interfaith .   have no unity with

men who are false .     warn and expose their deeds .    LOOK out for the flock , take care of and treasure and be faithful with the gift GOD gives to anyone for the purpose

of edification of the believers .     You throw those hands up and praise the LORD .   

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

4 hours ago, Butero said:

I feel peace and joy right now.  Not so much if I am in sin.  I can't speak for others.

PRAISE CHRIST .  BUTERO PRAISE JESUS and let us honor him right now .    THIS was exactly what my reponse was going to be .

Warnings , exortations ,  sincerity , reminders about be YE HOLY,  they don't take my peace ,  they build it up only more IN HIM , from every warning to every promise

everything in those scriptures ,  are so good for our soul.     IF men lose their peace because of warnings , THEIR IS a reason they lost it .  THEY IN ERROR

and when reminded it convicts , it brings either fear or anger .   BUT FOR ME ,  no matter what is said , SO LONG as its truth .  IT BUILDS ME UP , my peace remains

cause my peace comes FROM THE AUTHOR and FINISHER of our FAITH , CHRIST JESUS , KING of kings , LORD of lords , the great bishop

the great apostel of the sheep ,  the keeper of our souls , the MIGHTY and wonderful counsler .   NOW THROWTHEM HANDS UP AND PRAISE THE LORD .

JUST PRAISE THE LORD .    NO man can pluck me from his hand , AND NO MAN , false prophet whatever , can take us from THE ONE TRUE KING from WHOM WE FEED IN HIS PATURES of pure green lamb grass.    YOU JUST LEAP up BUTERO.  DO IT and praise the LORD >

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  475
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

On Monday, May 14, 2018 at 9:36 PM, Blood Bought 1953 said:

That.....plus lucky last second Repentance to take care of that final sin the Blood just couldn’t handle. God pity the man who has bad luck with that.

The blood of christ cleases from all sin. The grace of God teaches us to deny ungodliness. Its the finish work of God that brings us grace.

• Thumbs Up 1