Micah collins

What is your opinion on young earth creationism

16 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

No, that is not true.   You keep trying to make the Bible mythological, but can't seem to support that assumption.  

The Bible is based on metaphor, and you could argue that everything either spoken or written is metaphor. None of its claims are testable. If they were proven you would not need faith,  and without faith there would be no religion.

People are tempted by Pascal's Wager. If there's a God and you believe, then you're a winner. If there's no God you've lost nothing. But if there is a God and you are an unbeliever, you lose everything. That is the foundation of monotheism. Except there are problems. What happens if you have backed the wrong religion or the right religion but the wrong denomination? According to some, Catholics are not true Christians, so they can't end up in Heaven. Just to be on the safe side you would need to convert to all religions and denominations, but God may not be sympathetic if you do.

I've had it confirmed to me by even by church ministers that the story of Jesus has too much of the solar mythology in his story to be a coincidence. Where is the evidence he was born on December 25th, 3 days and 3 nights after the winter solstice? Why is his death linked to the vernal equinox?

Which nation came up with the idea of one God and a Trinity which included an earthly incarnation (Horus)? Answer: neighbouring Egypt.

There is too much to go into here, so I'll just mention a couple of texts. Anything by the Reverend Robert Taylor, imprisoned for teaching atheism from the pulpit: for example, The Diegesis, The Devil's Pulpit. Also, 'Bible Myths' by Thomas Doane for a comparison between Christianity and other religions of antiquity.

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/31885/31885-h/31885-h.htm

I'm sure you'll say, 'Yes, but where is the proof?'

It's reason and logic, and it's in your head.

Perhaps this one needs to rest a bit. Locked for now.