Micah collins

What is your opinion on young earth creationism

On 5/12/2018 at 1:47 AM, Micah collins said:

Ken ham and other proponents of young earth creationism are part of the reason i originally stopped being a christian. however i know

What?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/17/2018 at 4:50 AM, Still Alive said:

The bible is rather silent on the subject, though people read a lot between the lines in Genesis 1. Nobody alive today was actually there and even the writer of Genesis was not there. It contains the heavily veiled explanation God gave him. God didn't want to give away the store.

The writer of Genesis was not there? You mean the secretary don't you? God who was there, told Moses all he needed to know.

• Thumbs Up 4
  • Loved it! 1

On 5/12/2018 at 2:47 AM, Micah collins said:

Ken ham and other proponents of young earth creationism are part of the reason i originally stopped being a christian. however i know that not all Christians are young earth creationists so im just asking.

So, if Adam and Eve were not real, then original sin isn't real, so then we don't need a savior and Jesus died in vain. That's what evolution means. Since that's what you believe, it's no wonder you're not a follower of Jesus. 

The one thing I never hear anyone talk about when they say the earth is "really really old" is that they don't talk about the world flood that changed everything, especially constants. I remember when Mt. Saint Helen blew up in the 1980's and created the mini-grand canyon in just 3 days. But, I guess the "world" flood was just a localized flash flood for which Noah took 120 years to build the ark and took all the animals. Isn't that what Hollywood did by doing "Evan Almighty" mocking the real event? 

Oh, but then we don't believe the word of God so why bother with any of this "nonsense" about creation. Now, I can ignore sin too. Yea!!! Let's party!!! (Yea, it's a slippery slope when you reject the word of God.)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:46 PM, thomas t said:

When Adam was created, he was created adult. This is what I believe Bible teaches, and I believe the Bible is true.

No adult was ever created without previously being a baby, child, adolescent.

So which of the contradictory creation myths in Genesis 1 and 2 do you believe? On the 6th day of creation week in Genesis 1, God created both male and female humans. But in Genesis 2, creation is in just one day and we read that God created Adam from the dust of the earth and Eve was then created from the rib of Adam. So how do you reconcile these statements?

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, steve w said:

So which of the contradictory creation myths in Genesis 1 and 2 do you believe? On the 6th day of creation week in Genesis 1, God created both male and female humans. But in Genesis 2, creation is in just one day and we read that God created Adam from the dust of the earth and Eve was then created from the rib of Adam. So how do you reconcile these statements?

Why are you asking questions when you repeatedly refuse to answer difficult questions posed to you?  You ask questions, and expect them to be answered, but you refuse to answer questions posed to you that prove too difficult for you to answer.

There is no conflict between Genesis 1 and Genesis 2.  Genesis 1 is a condensed version of the Creation, and Genesis 2 goes into Creation in a more detailed manner.  When you attempt to misrepresent literary devices that are used in almost any form of writing and make it appear as "contradictory," when it comes to the Bible, you display that your personal bias is driving your words.   The atheist apologist tactics that you attempt to employ over and over again are the ones used by 1st graders. In other words, amateurish.  There are many of us here that have been dealing with these same lame devices for over a decade.  There are some very accomplished atheists out there who can often tie poorly-prepared Christians into knots.  You are not one of them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 2

4 hours ago, steve w said:

Why do you view Genesis 1 and 2 as contradictory?  Did a non-believer tell you that?  Have you actually read Genesis 1 and 2?

Genesis 1 and actually on through Genesis 2:3 where God rests on the 7th day is the full account of all seven days.

The rest of Genesis 2 is a repeat of day 6 - and gives detail to the creation of Adam and Eve.

What's the problem?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

Ken ham and other proponents of young earth creationism are part of the reason I originally stopped being a Christian. however i know that not all Christians are young earth creationists so I'm just asking....

:emot-heartbeat:

Dear Micah: As For That Young Earth Creator

Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,a and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:26-27 (New International Version)

Of Course I Worship Him

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world has been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9 (American King James Version)

How About You

If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing. Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

You see, we don’t go around preaching about ourselves. We preach that Jesus Christ is Lord, and we ourselves are your servants for Jesus’ sake. For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ. 2 Corinthians 4:3-6 (New Living Translation)

~

Be Blessed Beloved Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 (King James Bible)

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160 (King James Bible)

The Bible contains the mind of God, the state of man, the way of salvation, the doom of sinners, and the happiness of believers. Its doctrines are holy, its precepts are binding, its histories are true, and its decisions are immutable.

Read it to be wise, believe it to be safe, and practice it to be holy. It contains light to direct you, food to support you, and comfort to cheer you.

It is the traveler’s map, the pilgrim’s staff, the pilot’s compass, the soldier’s sword and the Christian’s charter. Here too, Heaven is opened and the gates of Hell disclosed.

Christ is its grand subject, our good its design, and the glory of God its end. It should fill the memory, rule the heart and guide the feet. Read it slowly, frequently and prayerfully.  It is a mine of wealth, a paradise of glory, and a river of pleasure.

It is given you in life, will be opened at the judgment, and be remembered forever. It involves the highest responsibility, rewards the greatest labor, and will condemn all who trifle with its sacred contents.

From The Inside Of My Gideon New Testament

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

10 hours ago, steve w said:

:mgdetective:

Which Came First, The Chicken Or The Egg

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

And the evening and the morning were the fifth day. Genesis 1:20-23

And Who Created Them

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

And Why

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Loved it! 1

Posted (edited)

Ken ham and other proponents of young earth creationism are part of the reason i originally stopped being a christian. however i know that not all Christians are young earth creationists so im just asking.

Why should anyone allow what others say shake their faith? I got news for you just as the young earth crowd are wrong, so are many of the so called Scientist and advocates of theories which they are only guessing at. I wrote a good blog on this some time back. It got likes from both crowds because I endeavored to come to the truth by following the facts. READ BELOW:

I as a 30 year Christian try to think outside the box of normality. Is the universe 6000 years old? Is the universe 13.7 billion years old? Do these two questions clash or is there a translation barrier !! This is how I think. I try to bring both poles of thought towards each other starting with the facts. We know the universe has to be over 6000 years old because we see light from stars that are millions of light years away, so we would have to be naive to think the universe is 6000 years old.

Onward to what Genesis says about creation, does it really say the universe or earth is 6000 years old? I don’t think it does, I think its a mistranslation of a primitive language that had only around 4000 words at the time Genesis was written, whereas the English language has 500,000 words. So many of the Hebrew words were used in multiple ways. For instance the original meaning of the Hebrew word YOWM (Day) means “to be hot” and there are at least 50 other meanings listed in strong’s concordance’s lexicon of Hebrew words. A year, a month, a period of time, chronicles, evening and morning (Beginning and end), age, perpetually, long, some time, whole, X required season, continually etc. etc., well you get the point.

YOWM or “To be hot”, what would this mean and why was it used since God is supposed to have given Moses the first five books of the Torah. Well when the universe was spoken into existence by God, it took 400 million years for the first stars to form. So the first Day (to be hot) was the Evening (Darkness, 400 million years of darkness) and the Morning ( The stars started forming) and the first day was a “period of time” and in my opinion it lasted from 13.7 Billion BC until 4.5 Billion BC (9.2 Billion years) when the Sun & Earth were formed. So lets take a second and look at the Bible and the WMAP research and see if this matches.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Now look below at the Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) which launched in 2001 and won many awards, they mapped the whole universe out. Below as we see, you had Quantum Fluctuations which I contend is God, then you had Inflation, followed by Afterglow, followed by 400 MILLION YEARS of Darkness !! Just like the bible says in verse 2, and there was Darkness on the Face of the Deep !! Gods word is perfect, it is us who are confused. DARK AGES Mapped out by the WMAP, followed by what? The first stars forming at the 400 million year mark. Verse three says what? and God said “Let there be light” God is right again. We are looking at Creation from Gods POV, no man was there of course and with God he is not subject to time, he created time for us via this universe, but He is eternal and thus was never created. Remember the verse, a thousand years is like a day and a day like unto a thousand years unto God. In other words God lives in the past, present and future all at the same time.

I couldn't figure out how to place a Pic/Image here so CLICK THE LINK to see the DARK AGES !!

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS691US691&biw=1366&bih=662&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=99MAW5-TGIjs5gLC75OYAg&q=wolkenson+microwave+timeline&oq=wolkenson+microwave+timeline&gs_l=img.3...2837.13063.0.13744.29.29.0.0.0.0.368.3905.0j24j3j1.28.0....0...1.1.64.img..1.8.1569.0..0j35i39k1j0i67k1j0i30k1j0i5i30k1j0i24k1j0i10i24k1.0.LoJmY1x5Rck#imgdii=bajwzEdlw7sYuM:&imgrc=-3Rv9E7cx-QcuM:

So we had the Big Bang, followed by Inflation, followed by Cosmic Microwave background where after 375,000 years loose electrons cool enough to combine with protons. The Universe becomes Transparent to Light. The Microwave background begins to shine. Then the dark ages/clouds of dark hydrogen gas cool and coalesce.

The first stars appear….Gas Clouds collapse, the fusion of Stars begin, the first of which appears at about 400 million years after the big bang. So, when the bible says Darkness was on the face of the deep, God knew exactly what was happening in the very beginning !! The more we look for the answers, the more that science and the bible will converge, if both sides with differing viewpoints would only take their blinders off.

The second day (period of time) of course would be from the Earth & the Suns formation until the grasses and trees came forth on the Third day (period of time) then on the Fourth day it seems God Set the Seasons or placed the Moon in its perfect orbit where our seasons are not strange, but orderly, I know the moon and earth is supposed to have collided. Anyway, that set the seasons, times, years etc. etc. Mind you, all of these ideas are rudimentary observations. A theory of how the things God says in His Holy Word and Science can both be factual. They are not meant to imply everything went down just so and in like manner, the dates of course are guesstimates, I wasn’t there.

On the Fifth day God created the Sea animals/birds and what not, were the Dinos created here or with the land animals? The fifth day lasted 300 million to 400 million years or so. On the Sixth Day around 300–350 Million BC God created the Land Animals. During this period of time the Dinosaurs became extinct about 70 Million years ago. Then during this “TIME PERIOD” (6TH DAY) God decided to create man 6000 or so years ago. Some might protest that men have been around much longer, but I offer this up, where is the data? Men are record keepers and we don’t have proof of men going back further. Now as per “MEN” being observed by scientists to have been around X Number of years, I never said Animal like men weren’t around, I stated Human Beings were created 6000 years ago, when God placed His spirit in us and thus we are immortal in that our souls can not die. We were at that point in time “Created in Gods Image”. The other fossils and bones mean nothing, because Scientists have no way of testing for God imparting His spirit into mankind and creating “Human Beings” with powerful intellects.

On the Seventh Day God rested, which only means He ceased Creating the Heavens/Earth/Mankind/Animals. So when we see stars and galaxies created today, it was ordered forth 13.7 Billion years ago. So its not necessarily either or. We need to start looking at things with an open mind, be we an atheist or a Christian.

P.S. Just something to think about. Einstein’s theory of relativity is in the very first verse of the bible, relatively speaking…LOL.

Genesis 1:1 In the beginning (TIME) God created the heaven(SPACE) and the earth(MATTER).

Edited by Revelation Man
  • Thumbs Up 1

On ‎19‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 5:27 PM, Jayne said:

Why do you view Genesis 1 and 2 as contradictory?  Did a non-believer tell you that?  Have you actually read Genesis 1 and 2?

Genesis 1 and actually on through Genesis 2:3 where God rests on the 7th day is the full account of all seven days.

The rest of Genesis 2 is a repeat of day 6 - and gives detail to the creation of Adam and Eve.

What's the problem?

Where does it say it's a repeat of day 6?

Whichever way you want to look at this for your own purposes there is no hiding the fact that woman was not created from the rib of a man. Obviously the Bible needs to avoid mention of carnal intercourse, just as it did later with the birth of Jesus.

You will also find that God did not make man in his own image, leaving women out of the equation. As women are the ones giving birth it would be have been more appropriate to say God made a woman in his own image who then gave birth to a man. And why is God a he rather than a she?

I think you'll also find that man made God in his image (violent, homophobic, misogynistic) in order to switch the blame to an imaginary higher power.

The undoubted fact is that the creation myths of Genesis are a Hebrew reinterpretation of more ancient stories, such as the Sumerian creation myth, rewritten for a belief in just one god rather than many.

• Thumbs Up 1