• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

Have you ever heard of someone being over religious. I never thought you can never have to much Jesus. There are people who think everything is bad

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,187
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

I couldn’t agree more with two above comments,   Christianity is having a personal relationship with Christ. That relationship can never be to much or to deep. As a matter of fact “growing in Christ” is just getting to know Him in a deeper and more intimate way. Blessing to all that have that personal relationship with Christ and strive to have more.

Much love in  Christ, Not me

Edited by Not me
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,418
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

We are told in scripture to Love not the world ,neither the things of the world 1 john 2:15-16.  When you heed this call, then you are labelled as you do not participate in most of what carnal men places as their pleasure.  There are many who do not indulge in the partying and so lifestyle, but are not religious. They usually have statements like you have to have a balance life, a little of everything.   The believer would seem as over religious when he is called and pursues the great commission.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I definitely think one can be overly religious.

People can practice rituals and do acts without knowing why they are actually doing  them. One can be born into Christianity but not have a true relationship with God, they can go to church every Sunday and do everything theyve beem taught by their parents when it comes to a true relationship with Christ but have never truly put their trust in God.

Theologians can know their bible backwards and forwards yet not love others which is one of Jesus's greatest commandments. 

I live in a country where most everyone practises rituals and traditions, and read their basic bible stories yet have never even picked up a bible and don't know they can pray to God for help, to me that would be the definition of overly religious.

Now if you mean this

James 1:27 

27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Then no you can never look after too many widows and orphans and you can never protect yourself from pollution of the world too much.?

Edited by ElizaOC
wrong font size
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

6 minutes ago, Butero said:

You can't be too close to Jesus, and the closer you are to him, the more evil the world will appear.  On the other hand, you can be religious and talk the talk without knowing Christ.  

Its truth like this that needs to be put out on constant display .       Now throw those hands up people and praise the LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

This is true too.   I notice the ones who actually FOLLOW JESUS and exhort continuously to BE YE HOLY ,  are often labled by the vast majority as being TOO RELIGIOUS.

in those terms too religions ,  they may as well be honest and just say ,  YALL talk too much about KEEPING JESUS sayings and its bothering their conscious and what they learned in church .

That too is fact .

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

It's not that, but that they tend to take the focus off Jesus and on to their own 'holiness'.

Again, Jesus as teacher and example overshadows Jesus as our sin substitute and Redeemer.

Speaking to Christians, Paul stated...For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.
(1Co 2:2)

Maybe its not that for you yowm.   but believe me its that way for lots of other folks .     Anyone living holy gets accused of trying to earn his way to heaven by lots .

Leonard Ravenhill,   he had one good sermon I got to watch .  And believe you me,  he spoke about this very thing .  THEY will criticize you ,  they will hate

because it shows them TWO THINGS .   number one IT IS POSSIBLE IN JESUS TO LIVE HOLY and number TWO this means THEY AINT GOT NO EXCUSE for their own failures .

Just now, Yowm said:

Not sure how one 'earns' their way to heaven when Jesus paid the price.

THEY don't .    Was PETER earning his way WHEN HE SAID BE YE HOLY .     Was paul earning his way when he said LET not these things even once be named among you

Was paul earning his way when he said ,  AWAKE to righteousness and sin not .    Was james earning his way when he spoke out about not sinning . Was jude

Was ,     See the point yet .        The ones who REMIND be YE HOLY , the ones who correct or exhort ,    DO GET accused of trying to earn their way to heaven .

IT does happen yown .  IT TRULY DOES .     now be blessed and do praise the LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Yowm said:

Just remind your accusers that heaven is a free gift paid in full by Christ's precious blood...end of issue.

When that has happened it person and oh did it ever .    The LORD always had me POINT to HIM and not to me .  ALWAYS .    AND THANK YOU FOR THAT WONDERFUL REMINDER TOO.