IGNORED

Why does God allow pain & suffering in our lives?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/28/1990

I have a serious question I would like to ask; Why does God allow pain & suffering in the world? I'm not just talking about in general like war, terrorism, racism etc but in each of our lives as an individual. I was a victim of child molestation as a baby, I have suffered from neglect, childhood bullying, in fact I have been bullied all my life, both in real life & online. I am going through financial issues and currently putting up with verbal & emotional abuse from my Mum who is actually my Great Aunty which she got custody of me when I was 10 months old because of the neglect by my biological parents and was diagnosed by my pediatrition with an intellectual learning disability since being a child. I am on a disability support pension which is why I am struggling with financial problems and my Mum is on the Seniors pension. Because of the verbal & emotional abuse I am dealing with from my Mum, I feel I really need to move out and get my own place but because I am on a disability support pension I don't think I could even afford to pay rent. What I want to know is why did God allow all this to happen? Is he punishing me for something I did or maybe because of what my biological parents did? Is God trying to tell me something through my pain & suffering? Is their a purpose for my pain and suffering? If so then why? 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praying! 4

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

None of this is your fault.  God is not punishing you.  His desire is to heal you and save your soul.

Mat 9:12  But when he heard it, he said, “Those who are well have no need of a physician, but those who are sick.  Mat 9:13 Go and learn what this means, ‘I desire mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.”

We serve a God of compassion and mercy.  Grace is underserved favor.  He came for us not because we deserve it but because we need His help.  This passage concerns Jesus but it was written centuries before He came to suffer and die on the cross for us.  Every bit of it was fulfilled when He came.  God's word is true.  

Isa 53:2 ESV  For he grew up before him like a young plant, and like a root out of dry ground; he had no form or majesty that we should look at him, and no beauty that we should desire him.

Isa 53:3  He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Isa 53:4  Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.

Isa 53:5  But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.

Isa 53:6  All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the LORD has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

Isa 53:7  He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so he opened not his mouth.

Isa 53:8  By oppression and judgment he was taken away; and as for his generation, who considered that he was cut off out of the land of the living, stricken for the transgression of my people?

Isa 53:9  And they made his grave with the wicked and with a rich man in his death, although he had done no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth.

Isa 53:10  Yet it was the will of the LORD to crush him; he has put him to grief; when his soul makes an offering for guilt, he shall see his offspring; he shall prolong his days; the will of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Isa 53:11  Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities.

Isa 53:12  Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong, because he poured out his soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors.

Hebrews 2:17 Wuest. For this reason it was an obligation for Him in all things to be made like His brethren, in order that He might become a compassionate and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, with a view to offering that sacrifice for the sins of the people that would perfectly meet the demands of God's justice. For in that He suffered, having himself been tempted and put to the test, He is able to run to the cry of those who are being tempted and put to the test, and bring them aid.

Jesus wants to save your soul, help and heal you so that you can help and comfort others eventually.  If you have not already done so, receive Jesus as you Savior and Lord God.  Call out to Him and ask Him to come into your life to help you to forgive your abusers as Jesus has forgiven His.  Father God will send His Holy Spirit to you Who is called the Comforter, and He will dwell in you and make you God's own child, His heir, and a part of His family.  This is not an overnight solution.  It requires learning Scripture so you can refute the accusations of the enemy, whether satan or people.  Jesus came that you might have life and have it more abundantly.  Satan came to kill, steal and destroy.  Learning to recognize the lies of the enemy can only be done by learning the truth of God's word.

2Co 1:3   ESV  Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, 2Co 1:4  who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.2Co 1:5  For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too.

Sorry this was so long.  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.42
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

I think what we can know about God, comes to us from the Bible. There are a lot of questions we can ask that begin with the word "Why", where the most honest answer is "I don't know".

In the Bible, we can see that originally, mankind was in a perfect place where there was no pain or death, but that all changed when mankind rebelled against God.

You can read the story of now mankind rebelled, and how that lead to the whole creation being cursed by God in Genesis chater 3. You can also read in the chapter, that it is not a permanent situation, that one referred to as the seed of the woman (a referrance to the virgin birth of Jesus of Nazareth) would one day come and make things right again. (Gen 3:15)

Most of the books of the old testament, contain referances to this messiah to come, and the prophecies have enough detail, to identify who among all people on Earth, this person is. There are over 300 prophecies that  speak to the Messiah who was to come, and there are fullfilled in one man, Jesus.

Then we move on to the New Testament, where we learn about the birth, life, and sacrificial death of Jesus, and what the future holds when He returns to set things right.

While we can not always find answers in the Bible to questions beginning with "Why", we can find a lot of answers to questions beginning with "What".

The Bible makes it clear, that not everything is for us to know, at least not yet. Reading the book of Job, we see that even a righteous man, can suffer tremendously, and that suffering does not always have an explanation, nor are we owed one. What we can see there, is that God does allow suffering, and that He has reasons, and that there are things going on which we are not able to see, so it is understandable that we ask "Why". 

Further, besides the illustration of Job, who suffered not because of anyones sin in particular, we see Jesus speak to this in the book of John, in chapter 9:

1 As he went along, he saw a man blind from birth. 2 His disciples asked him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?”

3 “Neither this man nor his parents sinned,” said Jesus, “but this happened so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 

When Christians suffer, it is an opportunity to glorify God, in how we respond and deal with suffering. Those of us who have faith, are able to accept and trust God. We understand certain things, and just wait it out patiently. In Romans 8:28 we read that it is God who works all things together for the good of those who love God, and are called according to His purpose.

In Romans 8, the writer also says:

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. For the creation waits in eager expectation for the children of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the freedom and glory of the children of God.

We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption to sonship, the redemption of our bodies. For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what they already have? But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.

So, while we may not know all the details of why things are as they are, those who have faith, are comforted by the fact, that they only have a short lifetime to put up with suffering, a blink of the eye, before an eternity of happiness and comfort, in the presence of our Creator. We cannot fix all suffering, but we can work to alleviate or ease some of it, through acts of kindness to one another, until Jesus returns to bring believes to what He has in store for us.

This is why we tell others about Him, that they may also believe and have faith, and escape suffering, to enjoy God and His provisions for us in eternity. I hope you find that faith (if you have not) and join us. If you have that faith and just wonder why, then trust God and be patient, you won't have to deal with suffering for more that a few decades.