• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

I know it's mothers day and your supposed to miss your mom after they pass. I don't, she was a drunk. Most of my life spent with her was a drunk. Is it wrong to feel this way. I do forgive and I try to forget my past.

Edited by tigger398

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,371
  • Content Per Day:  0.87
  • Days Won:  0

Boy, that's  tough.  As the saying goes, we are not all cut from cookie cutters, so everyone has their own experience in life that is theirs.   How can one tell you how to feel. You forgive and that's the most important thing.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  788
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

How you feel is neither right nor wrong; it's just a reflection of the nature of the relationship you had with your mother. We're all different, and there's no rule that says you have to feel a certain amount of grief at certain times. I never missed my Dad (because he had severe mental health problems). 

• Topic Count:  562
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,074
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/31/1966

5 minutes ago, Butero said:

She is still your Mother.  Was she abusive to you?  Did she feed and cloth you?  Was she really all bad?  Perhaps you have unresolved issues. 

You never had a alcoholic parent. Sometimes she cloth and fed me, but you do not want to get in car with a drunk driver either. Do you want to go to a restaurant  and have a drunk serve you or make your food. There was no birthdays or holidays or graduation. Only a drunk on couch. Couldn't take her out on mothers day, to drunk.

Edited by tigger398

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  140
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/20/1987

Praying ❤ 

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

I feel your pain. You are not alone. I pray the Lord will give you strength to find love  and forgiveness that goes beyond our own ability. Remember Jesus loved the unlovable even as he suffered for us 

God be with you  

One day soon there will be no more pain no more sorrow.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,412
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

4 hours ago, tigger398 said:

I know it's mothers day and your supposed to miss your mom after they pass. I don't, she was a drunk. Most of my life spent with her was a drunk. Is it wrong to feel this way. I do forgive and I try to forget my past.

It is okay to miss your mom before she passed. And it is okay to be hurt because she did harm to you personally while she lived. Her influence on your environment will also continue to hurt you for at least as long as you let that awful situation that existed be what guides your feelings in any  of your  relationships today.

Better to try to rejoice. You have survived, and you know God today. You have opportunity to  further learn in your own sanctification process if  you can  and if you will decide to actively forgive your mom, if you have not already done so, and then move on with a lighter load to carry and perhaps a happier countenance than might otherwise be carried about today.

------------------------

Today  a waitress just automatically said to my wife "Happy Mother's Day". My wife lost the only child she ever carried. People can say  some rather insensitive things,while meaning well enough. People can also be overly sensitive to what is said or done to them.

--------------------------

At some point we each  face our own folly, and our own need for the covering by the shed blood of Jesus. Personally  I find that  if Jesus  has forgiven me personally my own sins against God the Father and all of the creation of Jesus, I should endeavor to imitate His grace to me and forgive all others, leaving all sin to  the Holy Spirit to Jesus and to God the Father to tend to cover to forgive and or to hold account of in each soul.