Sign in to follow this  
Sal Robinson

How Important is Repentance

Hey friends, What are the ways you describe repentance. 

I made this video because I am eager to explain repentance to the youth at my church in a way that is engaging and clear to them. 

I used an awesome passage from Matthew 11:21-30

as I've been posting on different threads here, I've really enjoyed reading what others have said

So I'd love to hear your thoughts on this video, and your own thoughts about how you'd describe repentance?

God Bless you...I love hearing peoples voices in this community 

Sal, welcome to Worthy. Videos are only allowed in the video section so this won't be approved. You can put up a video in the video section and then link it back to your post.

repentance is dropping something, turning 180 degrees, and walking away.  not returning to pick it up.

Hey Sal, thought to pass along, Noah Webster's original 1828 Dictionary on the word "repentance."

Repentance
REPENT'ANCE, n.

1. Sorrow for any thing done or said; the pain or grief which a person experiences in consequence of the injury or inconvenience produced by his own conduct.

2. In theology, the pain, regret or affliction which a person feels on account of his past conduct, because it exposes him to punishment. This sorrow proceeding merely from the fear of punishment, is called legal repentance, as being excited by the terrors of legal penalties, and it may exist without an amendment of life.

3. Real penitence; sorrow or deep contrition for sin, as an offense and dishonor to God, a violation of his holy law, and the basest ingratitude towards a Being of infinite benevolence. This is called evangelical repentance, and is accompanied and followed by amendment of life.

Repentance is a change of mind, or a conversion from sin to God.

Godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation. 2 Cor 7. Mat 3.

Repentance is the relinquishment of any practice, from conviction that it has offended God.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By 4LdKHVCzRDj2
      So many people, after being brought to faith in Christ start questioning: And now?!
      And I question you: And now?
      And I will answer you: You have two choices.

To continue living as the world does: To love sin, unrighteousness, and disobedience.
      Or to live as a repentant sinner: Pursuing love, peace, mercy, and His righteousness.
      "Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous." - 1 John 3:7

The repentant sinner have desire and pleasure to live as the Lord Jesus tells him so.
      And it is so good to live like the Lord Jesus tells us to... It brings us peace and many blessings.
      "He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked." - 1 John 2:6
      "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered;
      and they gather them and throw them into the fire, and they are burned." - John 15:6

But you may say: I cannot live or have difficult in living as the Lord Jesus tells me; but I am willing to.
      It is common at the very start of our walk, sin, the flesh and evil spirits will start battling against you to prevent you doing so.
      Because the flesh fights against all the things of the Spirit of God. And it cannot receive them.
      "For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh;
      and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish." - Galatians 5:17

But what will I do?
      Will I just give up and let the flesh reign over me just like it did when I was in the world?
      Definitely, not.
      "Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body, that you should obey it in its lusts." - Romans 6:12
      This is how those who do not trust in the power and love of the Lord Jesus would think.
      But you are not one of them, you have courage, you have His Spirit in you... And that is why you will overcome all things.
      "But Jesus looked at them and said to them,
          “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”" - Matthew 19:26
      The Father loved you so much, to the point of giving His only begotten Son for you... And how will you thank Him?!
      You would desire to live as He wants you to - and that for your own benefit, as you have crucified your flesh with its evil desires.
      "For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God's." - 1 Corinthians 6:20
      And I am sure that if the Spirit of God is in you, you will start being encouraged and to have pleasure in living as He told us to. And you will not look back.
      As it is written:
      "And you shall be holy to Me, for I the Lord am holy,
      and have separated you from the peoples, that you should be Mine." - Leviticus 20:26

Then, if you still have trouble with battling against the flesh and its evil desires: Do not give up, and fight against it.
      "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid,
      nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9

You may lose a few battles against it, but I am sure that you will overcome it and become a winner...
      "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." - 1 John 1:9
      You may lose a few battles, but with the Lord and His Spirit in you, it is certain that this war you will win!
      "For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen." - Romans 11:36

If you are still struggling with something and desire some powerful help from the Lord Himself...
      Then, please agree to the prayer below and you will see and feel that He loves you.
      In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ:
      If you agree to the prayer above, then please just bring your hand over your head and say:
      “ I believe, agree and receive...in Jesus' name. Amen! ”
      And His amazing power, love, and grace is released in you.
      You will notice and you will say: The Lord loves me indeed, and I love Him also!

Read the Word, read the Holy Bible, specially the New Testament...
      "But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge,
      to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness,
      to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love." - 2 Peter 1:5-7
      As there is so much truth to help you and to light your paths.
      "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;
          In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths." - Proverbs 3:5-6

God bless you in Jesus' name!
    • By naominash
      So, today I check on the other forum I participate in. It is not a Christian forum but I speak openly of my faith on there.
      One lady messaged me saying she used to be a sincere Christian and fell away.
      "Will God forgive me?" she asked. She said she wanted to become a Christian again.
      You can imagine how happy I was! I responded with Luke 15:10
      Luke 15:10 New International Version (NIV)
      10 In the same way, I tell you, there is rejoicing in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”
      I told her to call out to Christ. That He would forgive her. That I was rejoicing as well.
      I am blown away! This rarely ever happens! My prayers about being a light and helping others find Christ are being answered!!
    • By GregoryB
      To whom it may concern,
      I have made progress but I still commit willful sin, like gluttony.  I take guilty pleasure and comfort in overeating delicious food.  I do not seem to have an 'honest' desire to stop this.  What would you suggest for this disobedience?  I can confess, apologize for and rebuke it just fine.  True repentance is absent.  I am abusing the Lord's temple and my relationship with God.  Does this suggest lacking fear of or shallow love for God?  What healthy coping mechanisms could take this problem's place?  My gluttony is only a quick temporary fix for whatever bothers or troubles me.  It only acts as a false idol, distracting me from God.  I am looking for solutions in something He created instead of from the almighty Creator Himself.  I could use suggestions on how and what to pray about this, please.  I believe there is hope and a real godly solution to be achieved eventually.  Thanks for hearing me out.
      God bless you in Jesus Christ's name,
      GregoryB
      20 They shall say to the elders, “This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.”
      - Deuteronomy 21:20 New International Version (NIV)
      7 A discerning son heeds instruction,
          but a companion of gluttons disgraces his father.
      Proverbs 28:7 New International Version (NIV)
      21 for drunkards and gluttons become poor,
          and drowsiness clothes them in rags.
      - Proverbs 23:21 New International Version (NIV)
    • By Daniel_Quartararo
      Having experienced the torments of Hell, I can verify the legitimacy of this testimony, but more importantly, discernment tells me it's real and genuine. I encourage those who watch this not to go down a rabbit hole of Hell testimonies all at once, it can be overwhelming and very depressing, please be led by the Spirit by discerning the voice of God on all pursuits, but Jesus has taken people to experience these experiences for a reason. May you learn from these testimonies and be convicted (if necessary) and not condemned by responding to that conviction accordingly, (remember God chastises those He loves!) and may the Lord bless you mightily in Jesus' mighty name!
      Revelation 20:15: And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
      Luke 12:5: But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has authority to cast into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him!
      Romans 6:23: For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
      Revelation 21:8: But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

• By luxus214
      IN 4 months i went from being a complete christian to a terrified man desperate for peace. My mind, my body, my well being and i'm even afraid to say soul and spirit because i'm afraid to even admit that has even been touched out of being ashamed that it has been put into jeopardy by my own sinful behavior that i need help. The devil has been trying to take credit for all of God's good work that he has ever done in me and repeat it so he can receive credit for it and i need help. I'm trying to God and be with Him and the more i struggle the more pain I feel. I know GOD, I know JESUS, I know the LORD, and We have had an amazing relationship not more or less than anyone else. But i need help. I've been convinced that i was going to be used by the devil or God and that at this moment no matter what i do the devil is using me. I confess in my ignorance and selfishness i have struggled with forgiveness and blaspheming to thee point where it has destroyed my life physically and mentally. Yet i try to be free of it and it get's worse and worse. So i ask is it too late for me. I just admitted to my sins last night and tried to beg for forgiveness but all i saw was a black figure over me blocking my prayer. I even tried to reach past it but feeling like it wouldn't work. I feel everything I've been doing from church service to  prayer has been rerouted to the devil in my mind and i want it to stop. I need Jesus and i want release from this but i don't even know how to start. I have therapy and a loving family and supportive church but i feel like I've been corrupting or bringing down those people because every time i feel a breakthrough i get skeptical and doubtful all the way to the point where i even make a big deal out of emotions. I feel like i'm being convinced to be satanic. I try to turn away from it but i seem to get the most resistance there. I want to turn to God but i feel like His Word is saying it's too late. I don't want it to be true. Is it too late for me to turn back. So far only fear anger and stress and anxiety have been what get's me to move. And my delay seems to be my down fall even trying to post this i had like  5 interruptions and my thoughts fear 6's and upside down crosses and every time i release my pain i have doubts about where my pain is going and who is using me. Something good will happen, i'll feel relief and then i'll get bombarded all over again. PRAYER ADVICE FREEDOM PUT YOUR ARMOR ON PLEASE. HELP ME.