Sal Robinson

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Hey friends, What are the ways you describe repentance. 

I made this video because I am eager to explain repentance to the youth at my church in a way that is engaging and clear to them. 

I used an awesome passage from Matthew 11:21-30

as I've been posting on different threads here, I've really enjoyed reading what others have said

So I'd love to hear your thoughts on this video, and your own thoughts about how you'd describe repentance?

God Bless you...I love hearing peoples voices in this community 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

Hey Sal, thought to pass along, Noah Webster's original 1828 Dictionary on the word "repentance."

Repentance
REPENT'ANCE, n.

1. Sorrow for any thing done or said; the pain or grief which a person experiences in consequence of the injury or inconvenience produced by his own conduct.

2. In theology, the pain, regret or affliction which a person feels on account of his past conduct, because it exposes him to punishment. This sorrow proceeding merely from the fear of punishment, is called legal repentance, as being excited by the terrors of legal penalties, and it may exist without an amendment of life.

3. Real penitence; sorrow or deep contrition for sin, as an offense and dishonor to God, a violation of his holy law, and the basest ingratitude towards a Being of infinite benevolence. This is called evangelical repentance, and is accompanied and followed by amendment of life.

Repentance is a change of mind, or a conversion from sin to God.

Godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation. 2 Cor 7. Mat 3.

Repentance is the relinquishment of any practice, from conviction that it has offended God.