• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/28/1990

I am 27 years old and I have been suffering with Depression & Anxiety issues since my childhood days back in Primary school, I was putting up with bullying from other kids both in Primary & High school. It was mostly verbal & emotional bullying but I don't think many people realise that verbal & emotional bullying is just as bad as physical bullying, at the end of the day bullying is bullying whether it is physical, verbal or emotional bullying it doesn't make words hurt any less. I have also experienced bullying both in real life & online, I have experienced online bullying just recently as well. At school & even online I have been called ugly and called me names like big nose, someone at school even said to me "You're so ugly that no one would want to marry you." And to this day I have never been in a relationship ever, it just makes me think are they right or is it God's purpose for me to be single? If so then what's his purpose for me staying single? and will I ever find someone & get married and start a family with that person. I worry that i'm going to spend the rest of my life alone and will probably die alone. The neglect I have experienced from my biological parents, plus all the bullying I have suffered from a child up until now and the verbal & emotional abuse from my Mum which has been going on for 15-16 years has really taken it's toll on my mental health. Plus my Depression & Anxiety tends to get worse in the Winter which is not too far away, we've already started getting the cold weather here in Australia and my mental health is not stable at all. I honestly don't know what to do, I have already tried getting professional help by a phyciatrist and a phycologist but it didn't really help me. I am taking antidepressants but they don't always seem to work , especially in the Winter. I don't know what else to do.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Friend, I am so very sorry you have endured such bullying and also neglect.   First of all, are you believing on the Lord Jesus as your own Savior?  If so, please start to remember and think on that you are a beloved child of God through Christ.   Everytime you start to feel badly, remember who you are in Jesus.  God loves you unconditionally.

In order to learn more of who you are in Christ, please read the Bible.   If you are a new believer, most people start to read the Gospel of John, then other parts of the New Testament.   However, please also read the Psalms....the Psalms are very comforting and healing for us emotionally!   I find in reading the Psalms, that our innermost being is often touched.

Of course, pray and ask the Lord to help you.  Also, if you don't have a church family, I would look for one where you feel loved and accepted, just as you are.   Of course we all want to grow spiritually, but it's important that others love us unconditionally at the place we are at right now.

I hope these suggestions will be of some help to you.   God loves you!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

God bless you! Be sure not to neglect prayer; every day, go to the Lord, ask Him to show you His love for you, and to help you learn to love yourself as well. It's good to guard against excessive, prideful self-love, but it's also wrong to forget that God loves is dearly, and we should not despise what God loves, right? It's easy to say and hard to do, but try to keep reminding yourself of it. This is from one victim of emotional and verbal bullying during my school years to another here.

You also need to get connected to a good local body of believers. Find a church where the truth is preached and taught and the people are open and loving. Don't try to go it alone!

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,165
  • Content Per Day:  1.22

Hi Alison;

Know that you are not alone, going through all these feelings. People can be very nasty and cruel, but that is the nature of the beast. For sure there are good things in life and also good people, just coming to understand the workings of life sometimes takes time.

Healing needs to take place in you, and yes God can help you., help you to forgive those who mistreated you.

Understanding human nature is also important, so you can come to terms with what was done to you and then let go of it.

What helped me a lot to overcome my past hurts from coming from a dysfunctional family was to firstly go to God with these problems.Depression many time is anger turned inward. Being angry with family members, people from school, workplace, who have taken advantage and mistreated you.   There is a solution, and that is to get a little more understanding on human behavior and not reacting to people places and things, but to look at thing objectively and not internalize what you observe of people especially bad behavior of people.

The thing many hurt people become is either a people pleaser or a bully.Neither is good.

The healthy solution is to learn to reclaim your authentic self through and In Christ Jesus.

God never creates junk. You are precious in Gods sight. As a christian you are an ambassador to Christ Jesus 2 Corinthians 5:20

Study Bible

Ambassadors for Christ
19that God was reconciling the world to Himself in Christ, not counting men’s trespasses against them. And He has committed to us the message of reconciliation. 20Therefore we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were making His appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ: Be reconciled to God. 21God made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God.… . That is a high calling, and as such you have God as your guide and protector.

Always remember to not seek esteem from people, but rather to seek esteem from God.

People are fallible and disappoint, God remains true, His Laws are unchanging, you can depend on Him and His word always, and His word equips you with all the tools to help you along your path in life.

It took me a long time to figure out why people do the things they do. Until i was able to find better understanding of that, I remained caught up in a trap of hate , anger, and forgiveness, and I placed all that on me, punishing myself the hardest, and it sunk me into great depths of depression. No drugs, medication could help. But God could and did come to help me out of my pit of great sadness and despair.

Once i learned the importance of forgiving, I finally became released of my past hurt that would, when i least expected it, come to haunt me like a broken record (you know that  broken record of : your no good, your a failure, your ugly, you will never amount to anything, you are good for nothing...) without me having any control of stopping that broken record from playing. I tried everything self help books, psychotherapy, group therapy, going to church, going to different churches. Nothing gave me relief from my initial pain of self hate.

It was when I was alone with God and began a very personal daily relationship with Him, that I began to get better. Step by step I brought to God my problems and asked Him to heal me from them and to teach me how to overcome. In time God has taken away a lot of my hurts, has restored me in confidence of knowing who I truly am in Christ Jesus.  And He can and will do the same for you if you keep seeking Him with all your heart in the privacy of your own room. He will meet you where your at.

There is a man who helped me to understand human behavior, that in turn helped me to be able to forgive.He has a radio talk show and you can listen to his podcast  by going to .https://www.fhu.com/ on the right side it says: advice line radio show, click on Play podcast. This man understand human nature and explains it well, well enough for a person to be able to begin understanding and from there being able to forgive.

This man is just another human, he is not perfect, but he has a gift of explaining human behavior, I take what is good from what he says and what I don't agree with I just let go, but this man knows the human condition and explains it so well, and that is the main purpose to listen to him. when you know how people are, you become better equipped to deal with them.  And it is from that understanding, that you will be better equipped to deal with people in all walks of life and most importantly, find it in you to be finally be able to let go, let God and to forgive on the spot.

Also, what helpful in feeling better in the head,healthy eating habits, and doing on a regular basis , stretching and a little exercise and walking. these help bring oxygen to the brain and improve blood circulation and bring a sense of well being. Its important to develop these good habits young so that you will keep them up as you get older. they will help to sustain you through the process of life.

Dear Alice, I am thinking and praying for you. :-)

2 Corinthians 5:17 Ambassadors for Christ
16 So from now on we regard no one according to the flesh. Although we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. 17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away. Behold, the new has come! 18 All this is from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:…

There is a solution to a better you and its in finding it through Christ Jesus.

God Bless;

1to3

Edited by 1to3
  • Loved it! 1

I would just like to say that spych meds are not necessarily the answer. Many emotional problems are also spiritually rooted and can be solved through other than taking psych meds. Spych meds should be a last resort not a first.

I am glad i never took any spych meds. And i am glad that my own personal GP never pushed me toward that way of dealing with personal problems.  My problems were all about learning new coping skills to cope with everyday situations along with having a daily living relationship with God.

As for helpful therapies out there? There is cognitive therapy that can show new ways to look and react to life problems, but not many places offer such programs, all depending where you live, perhaps in your area they do offer such cognitive therapy that you can find out about by going through your regional  social worker, who can then refer places that do offer cognitive therapy? If none are available in your area, there are books on the subject, where some people read and practice that way.

Again what helped me more than just the psychological aspect of it was my spiritual outlook . With a new spiritual outlook, many things changed and for the better.

My concern is when people begin to advocate the use of spych meds. I am very much against that as i have seen and heard how too many times they don't work and the difficulty it is of coming off of them and the long term chronic physiological damage they can do to the body.

Also there are many even professionals who are now  coming to admit  that all these meds given to try and solve depression do not necessary work and especially long term and that they can also cause other side effects that can become chronic . Rather than going strait for spych meds or to a psychiatrist whose job it is to prescribe medication and not counseling, better if you feel you need for some kind of counseling to try and find that through social services offered in your area, and look also to group counseling with others who also suffer similar .   Be very careful about getting into the psychiatric medicine and its division, you can then become listed and labeled as a person with Mental health issues on your personal medical information chart. And these can have repercussions throughout your life in divers aspects of it.

Edited by 1to3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  3

21 hours ago, Alison_P said:

I am 27 years old and I have been suffering with Depression & Anxiety issues since my childhood days back in Primary school, I was putting up with bullying from other kids both in Primary & High school. It was mostly verbal & emotional bullying but I don't think many people realise that verbal & emotional bullying is just as bad as physical bullying, at the end of the day bullying is bullying whether it is physical, verbal or emotional bullying it doesn't make words hurt any less. I have also experienced bullying both in real life & online, I have experienced online bullying just recently as well. At school & even online I have been called ugly and called me names like big nose, someone at school even said to me "You're so ugly that no one would want to marry you." And to this day I have never been in a relationship ever, it just makes me think are they right or is it God's purpose for me to be single? If so then what's his purpose for me staying single? and will I ever find someone & get married and start a family with that person. I worry that i'm going to spend the rest of my life alone and will probably die alone. The neglect I have experienced from my biological parents, plus all the bullying I have suffered from a child up until now and the verbal & emotional abuse from my Mum which has been going on for 15-16 years has really taken it's toll on my mental health. Plus my Depression & Anxiety tends to get worse in the Winter which is not too far away, we've already started getting the cold weather here in Australia and my mental health is not stable at all. I honestly don't know what to do, I have already tried getting professional help by a phyciatrist and a phycologist but it didn't really help me. I am taking antidepressants but they don't always seem to work , especially in the Winter. I don't know what else to do.

Hey Alison,

I can feel your hurt, and i can hear in your voice all the worries and  brokenness inside you, and im truly so very sorry that your life, till now, has not been as happy as you need it to be... but i have something to share with you that will help.

Alison, On This forum, we all have something in common.   We are all people who hurt sometimes, and feel lonely sometimes, and are very disappointed sometimes... and honestly, this is just how it is to be a human..... as we are all down here together on this green spinning Globe, and its not always a fun ride.... But, on this forum, we all have another thing in common, and that is, that we have all found the LOVE of God and we have all discovered that "Jesus came to HEAL the broken hearted", and all of us need this...... all of us.

So, i invite you to discover that God knows you, and He knows all about you, and Has seen your pain and He wants to give you hope and joy where there has been hopelessness and sorrow.

I can promise you, as all the believers here can testify.....God is Real, and JESUS IS ALIVE, and they both want to you to know that they care for you and love you...... and so do we.

Alison, find help and all your answers in a close personal relationship with Jesus, and you'll find lasting relief for all your pain, and it will always be there for you, as God and His unconditional Love will never leave you.

God is always waiting for us to reach out and receive His Love.   Thats what I did, I heard about the Love of God and i wanted this, i needed this, and He replied and filled my heart......  And so, Alison,  i hope you will reach out to Him also, very soon, and let Him fill yours..

Please do.

<B><

Edited by Behold
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

23 hours ago, Alison_P said:

I am 27 years old and I have been suffering with Depression & Anxiety issues since my childhood

Hi Alison_P and I attempted to reply on another thread prior to finding only members connected to the ministry could reply. One of your questions there was "Why does God allow pain & suffering in the world?" I attempted to reply with this following answer. 

I believe God, and as a believer we’re told that all things work together for good to those that love God in Rom 8:28. Well, Paul below was given a thorn in the flesh many believe to be weak eyes such that he had to have other write for him (read it below). Sufferings? God allowed him to suffer like none other than Jesus I’ve read, and yet in 1Cor 11:1 Paul tells us to follow him as he followed Christ. The benefit? We’ll be judged by the gospel revealed to him by our risen Savior according to Gal 1:11-12. And Rom 2:16 which says “In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel.”

You speak of being on disability support income, but I know it is limited also. I’m also aware that there is other housing available to some of these cases in America when things are not working in your present situation; you might want to ask any counselors you have contact with. I am sorry to hear of such conditions, but I do know that it was the hardest times in my life that led me to seek a relationship with God as I never did before. Blessings in Christ Jesus, and I'll sure be praying for you in Jesus' name.

2Co 11:23  Are they ministers of Christ? (I speak as a fool) I am more; in labours more abundant, in stripes above measure, in prisons more frequent, in deaths oft.

2Co 11:24  Of the Jews five times received I forty stripes save one.

2Co 11:25  Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

2Co 11:26  In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren;

2Co 11:27  In weariness and painfulness, in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

2Co 11:28  Beside those things that are without, that which cometh upon me daily, the care of all the churches.

2Co 12:7  And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

2Co 12:8  For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

2Co 12:9  And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2Co 12:10  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

• Thumbs Up 1

Alison_P

I have a serious question I would like to ask; Why does God allow pain & suffering in the world? I'm not just talking about in general like war, terrorism, racism etc but in each of our lives as an individual. I was a victim of child molestation as a baby, I have suffered from neglect, childhood bullying, in fact I have been bullied all my life, both in real life & online. I am going through financial issues and currently putting up with verbal & emotional abuse from my Mum who is actually my Great Aunty which she got custody of me when I was 10 months old because of the neglect by my biological parents and was diagnosed by my pediatrition with an intellectual learning disability since being a child. I am on a disability support pension which is why I am struggling with financial problems and my Mum is on the Seniors pension. Because of the verbal & emotional abuse I am dealing with from my Mum, I feel I really need to move out and get my own place but because I am on a disability support pension I don't think I could even afford to pay rent. What I want to know is why did God allow all this to happen? Is he punishing me for something I did or maybe because of what my biological parents did? Is God trying to tell me something through my pain & suffering? Is their a purpose for my pain and suffering? If so then why? 

Hi Allison, you posted this is in:

Worthy Q & A for Seekers

but somehow, it does not allow to answer there so if you don't mind i will try to answer here ?

For sure there are some things we may never fully come to understand about the why's of this world. What the bible mentions we can reason from there a good deal of Gods plan for us and this world.

One thing is that since the beginning of when sin took root in this world through pride and disobedience, the world has been tainted and falls short of its glorious original wonderful state that was good before the fall of Lucifer and then the fall of Adam and Eve. Since then man has had to battle with the corruption in this world and also through his now tainted genes since the fall of Adam and Eve.

God did not leave us hopeless, He allowed man to find back God and sent His only begotten Son Christ Jesus to help retrieve the sinner and restore Him back into the child of God that man/women was always intended to be.

God does not force Himself on anybody, He gives us choice to find Him and to choose Him over the evil corrupt system of this world.

Unfortunately this world system, hats innocence and tries to corrupt it, traumatize it the moment it comes into the world,  it tries through people places and things to get its grips into an innocent soul and corrupt/traumatize it.

But God is there to retrieve us and restore us from what satan tried to take away by corrupting us , traumatizing us.

God does not place sin in our lives. God is love and no sin lives in Him. (look to 1 John ch1)

We through trauma, allowed sin to creep into us. Until that sin chain is broken By the redemptive plan of Gods Mercy and Grace, man will continue to sin and continue the bad things in this world.

We cannot stop the bad from existing, but we can stop it from having control over our lives through Gods plan of Mercy and Grace, through His only begotten Son Christ Jesus.

Remember this: where there is a problem, there also is  solution.

The problems and evils of this world system will continue in this world until the return of Christ Jesus. The good news is that we, through His redemption plan of Gods Mercy and Grace can find back peace and healing Love. God made this available to us now and for anyone who thirsts for it.

So when people say why is this world the way it is, its because of sin.

The moment a person decided to give their heart and lives to Christ Jesus is the moment when Gods redemptive, restoring Work can begin to happen in our very hearts and lives.  He will show you how to cope and deal with any given situation.

for sure we will be tested and God allows us to be tested.

Because virtue that is not tested is not true virtue.

We learn best through overcoming trials. Once we learn to overcome through a trial, we grow in virtue, we become more the children of God we were always intended to be. sometimes we fail the test and are trested until we finally learn the lesson and then move on to other tests of faith. Because faith that is not tested is not faith. God allow our faith to be tested to see the true condition of our hearts. Are we really faithful to Him? or are we faithful to this world system ?

What keeps a person from growing and receiving virtue from life challenges? fear, anger, pride.

In God there is no fear. in god there is safety, assuredness and hope.

God can show us through His Word how to become overcomes of this sinful world that we live in.

We all are given life situations and trials  that are specific for us as the unique individuals we are to overcome.

God gives us the choice to find Him so to help us overcome and get better.

He also gives us the choice no to choose him and remain stagnant in our old worldly ways.

If God has given you the opportunity to find Him, you are truly blessed.

He is calling you and you are hearing His call.  He wants to help you, heal you and overcome the life struggles your life has been presented with. Let Him take control of your problems, give then to Him to handle.  Keep seeking Him,letting go of self will, self pride and talking to Him and He will respond back. Ask Him to show you the way, never cease asking Him to show you His way and He will.

God Bless you;

In Christ Jesus Always

1to3

Edited by 1to3