Eslyn

Longing for Jesus to change me

Hi I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Savior over a year now. But struggled with my faith, I don't want my faith to be based on feelings which only last for a moment. I am right now on the worship team in my church I attend. 

I am longing to do the will of my Heavenly Father Jehovah and to follow Jesus Christ as my Lord. I want to have that intimate relationship with him and never leave his presence. But now I have a problem, people know of my past and right now I feel like I am fighting a battle all alone. Even members in my church are saying that it is too late for me that there is no hope for me. To my face they encourage me, but when I am away from them, they keep saying this things and saying that i can never change and that i went to far from God. Since more than one person keeps saying it is too late for me, is that a confirmation? Wat would one do in my place? Would God reject me? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Eslyn said:

Hi I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Savior over a year now. But struggled with my faith, I don't want my faith to be based on feelings which only last for a moment. I am right now on the worship team in my church I attend. 

I am longing to do the will of my Heavenly Father Jehovah and to follow Jesus Christ as my Lord. I want to have that intimate relationship with him and never leave his presence. But now I have a problem, people know of my past and right now I feel like I am fighting a battle all alone. Even members in my church are saying that it is too late for me that there is no hope for me. To my face they encourage me, but when I am away from them, they keep saying this things and saying that i can never change and that i went to far from God. Since more than one person keeps saying it is too late for me, is that a confirmation? Wat would one do in my place? Would God reject me? 

The Bible says not to put your trust in man... because man has a sinful nature and will not be there for you when you desperately are in need.  God however is always there.  God however gives beauty for ashes.  God however restores what the moth eats and what rust corrodes away.  God however will and even wants to give you the kingdom.  its His good pleasure the Book says.  Man dont know what Gods plans are... and what they are for you.  do not put your trust man.  no man.  not even the priests.  

God is in the business of restoring lives, in breathing on men and giving new life.  If God was unwilling to do this, Christ died in vain.

Furthermore, the further you go into darkness... well, there is an opposite end of that spectrum.  I used to call upon dark forces and strong winds and lightning came in from all directions.  devils did my bidding.  God delivered me from such error....and kept me safe.    God put His spirit in me and has used me to save HUNDREDS!!!   and i am a nobody.  I am the one cast off by socioty, but because of God, no more.  God took me along a journey in which relationships were restored.  even to where these nay sayers were in awe of what God did in and thru me.  People before that would not speak to me are now trusting of me again.  This is what God does in the lives of those who diligently seek Him. 

lastly, The Book says there is no good thing in the flesh and that the heart of man is desperately wicked.  The book says God will give you the desires of your heart.  and here you have said you WANT to fulfill Gods will for your life.  so i ask you, where did such a desire come from? surely not from your flesh where no good thing dwells.  God gave this desire to you.  if you pursue it, God will bless you.  God will bless you beyond what you can perceive.  I know this because i sat in church and listened to a preacher say stuff about God delivering people.  I laughed within myself and said what will God deliver me from?  months later i found out.    God dont get in a hurry.  you stay on course with God being first in all you do and say... and hide and watch what God does for you. 

edit:  this is out of romans 8.  enjoy:

31What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;

we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”j

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,k neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Edited by Cletus
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Brilliant! 1

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

The Bible says not to put your trust in man... because man has a sinful nature and will not be there for you when you desperately are in need.  God however is always there.  God however gives beauty for ashes.  God however restores what the moth eats and what rust corrodes away.  God however will and even wants to give you the kingdom.  its His good pleasure the Book says.  Man dont know what Gods plans are... and what they are for you.  do not put your trust man.  no man.  not even the priests.  

God is in the business of restoring lives, in breathing on men and giving new life.  If God was unwilling to do this, Christ died in vain.

Furthermore, the further you go into darkness... well, there is an opposite end of that spectrum.  I used to call upon dark forces and strong winds and lightning came in from all directions.  devils did my bidding.  God delivered me from such error....and kept me safe.    God put His spirit in me and has used me to save HUNDREDS!!!   and i am a nobody.  I am the one cast off by socioty, but because of God, no more.  God took me along a journey in which relationships were restored.  even to where these nay sayers were in awe of what God did in and thru me.  People before that would not speak to me are now trusting of me again.  This is what God does in the lives of those who diligently seek Him. 

lastly, The Book says there is no good thing in the flesh and that the heart of man is desperately wicked.  The book says God will give you the desires of your heart.  and here you have said you WANT to fulfill Gods will for your life.  so i ask you, where did such a desire come from? surely not from your flesh where no good thing dwells.  God gave this desire to you.  if you pursue it, God will bless you.  God will bless you beyond what you can perceive.  I know this because i sat in church and listened to a preacher say stuff about God delivering people.  I laughed within myself and said what will God deliver me from?  months later i found out.    God dont get in a hurry.  you stay on course with God being first in all you do and say... and hide and watch what God does for you. 

edit:  this is out of romans 8.  enjoy:

31What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;

we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”j

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,k neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Thanks Cletus for refreshing my mind on Romans 8 and reminding me that God promise to grant us our hearts desire. Yes indeed the arms of Man will fail you but God's arms won't. The Bible has all the answers we need for life. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

6 hours ago, Eslyn said:

I have a problem, people know of my past and right now I feel like I am fighting a battle all alone. Even members in my church are saying that it is too late for me that there is no hope for me.

Dear Sister Eslyn, it is just such sufferings that bring us ever closer to the perfect will of God for our lives. All children of God are heirs of God, and will never be forsaken, but there's the possibility of becoming a joint heir if we suffer with Christ (Rom 8:17), or I might paraphrase to suffer as Jesus did for us.

You might ask what suffering could possibly do for us, and Heb 5:8 says "Though He (Jesus) were a Son, yet learned He obedience by the things which He suffered. Could we say this might be saying as we read in Rom 8:28, that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.  Your testimony shows the work of God to conform you into the very image of Jesus. Rom 8:29.

In Christ you are no longer your own (1 Cor 6:19-20) and God works in us. Php 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Just watch the change that God brings to your life, and don't fret over the mistakes of life we experienc; pick yourself us and continue on your way to God's full provision for you. 

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Larry 2 said:

Dear Sister Eslyn, it is just such sufferings that bring us ever closer to the perfect will of God for our lives. All children of God are heirs of God, and will never be forsaken, but there's the possibility of becoming a joint heir if we suffer with Christ (Rom 8:17), or I might paraphrase to suffer as Jesus did for us.

You might ask what suffering could possibly do for us, and Heb 5:8 says "Though He (Jesus) were a Son, yet learned He obedience by the things which He suffered. Could we say this might be saying as we read in Rom 8:28, that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.  Your testimony shows the work of God to conform you into the very image of Jesus. Rom 8:29.

In Christ you are no longer your own (1 Cor 6:19-20) and God works in us. Php 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Just watch the change that God brings to your life, and don't fret over the mistakes of life we experienc; pick yourself us and continue on your way to God's full provision for you. 

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Amen! Thanks for quoting the scriptures as a help. I am definitely gonna pick myself up and continue on my way to God's full provision for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome.

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome!

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Eslyn said:

You've been a believer for one year. Let Christ have your life. 10 years from now if you will keep growing you will be a different person altogether. 20 years from now you will be stepping into new areas of faith and service to God. 30 years from now you could be accomplishing things for Him that you never would have dreamed in a thousand years. 

Take no thought for what others there are thinking. Pray God sends you some friends there that you know beyond doubt care for and believe in you. And if He doesn't send them, leave and find yourself another church where they do.

In Christ Jesus, the Lord of Glory.

Hidden In Him

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

7CIv.gif Eslyn:36:

• Thumbs Up 1