Eslyn

Longing for Jesus to change me

Hi I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Savior over a year now. But struggled with my faith, I don't want my faith to be based on feelings which only last for a moment. I am right now on the worship team in my church I attend. 

I am longing to do the will of my Heavenly Father Jehovah and to follow Jesus Christ as my Lord. I want to have that intimate relationship with him and never leave his presence. But now I have a problem, people know of my past and right now I feel like I am fighting a battle all alone. Even members in my church are saying that it is too late for me that there is no hope for me. To my face they encourage me, but when I am away from them, they keep saying this things and saying that i can never change and that i went to far from God. Since more than one person keeps saying it is too late for me, is that a confirmation? Wat would one do in my place? Would God reject me? 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

2 hours ago, Cletus said:

The Bible says not to put your trust in man... because man has a sinful nature and will not be there for you when you desperately are in need.  God however is always there.  God however gives beauty for ashes.  God however restores what the moth eats and what rust corrodes away.  God however will and even wants to give you the kingdom.  its His good pleasure the Book says.  Man dont know what Gods plans are... and what they are for you.  do not put your trust man.  no man.  not even the priests.  

God is in the business of restoring lives, in breathing on men and giving new life.  If God was unwilling to do this, Christ died in vain.

Furthermore, the further you go into darkness... well, there is an opposite end of that spectrum.  I used to call upon dark forces and strong winds and lightning came in from all directions.  devils did my bidding.  God delivered me from such error....and kept me safe.    God put His spirit in me and has used me to save HUNDREDS!!!   and i am a nobody.  I am the one cast off by socioty, but because of God, no more.  God took me along a journey in which relationships were restored.  even to where these nay sayers were in awe of what God did in and thru me.  People before that would not speak to me are now trusting of me again.  This is what God does in the lives of those who diligently seek Him. 

lastly, The Book says there is no good thing in the flesh and that the heart of man is desperately wicked.  The book says God will give you the desires of your heart.  and here you have said you WANT to fulfill Gods will for your life.  so i ask you, where did such a desire come from? surely not from your flesh where no good thing dwells.  God gave this desire to you.  if you pursue it, God will bless you.  God will bless you beyond what you can perceive.  I know this because i sat in church and listened to a preacher say stuff about God delivering people.  I laughed within myself and said what will God deliver me from?  months later i found out.    God dont get in a hurry.  you stay on course with God being first in all you do and say... and hide and watch what God does for you. 

edit:  this is out of romans 8.  enjoy:

31What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 32He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? 33Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. 34Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. 35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? 36As it is written:

“For your sake we face death all day long;

we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”j

37No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons,k neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Thanks Cletus for refreshing my mind on Romans 8 and reminding me that God promise to grant us our hearts desire. Yes indeed the arms of Man will fail you but God's arms won't. The Bible has all the answers we need for life. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

6 hours ago, Eslyn said:

I have a problem, people know of my past and right now I feel like I am fighting a battle all alone. Even members in my church are saying that it is too late for me that there is no hope for me.

Dear Sister Eslyn, it is just such sufferings that bring us ever closer to the perfect will of God for our lives. All children of God are heirs of God, and will never be forsaken, but there's the possibility of becoming a joint heir if we suffer with Christ (Rom 8:17), or I might paraphrase to suffer as Jesus did for us.

You might ask what suffering could possibly do for us, and Heb 5:8 says "Though He (Jesus) were a Son, yet learned He obedience by the things which He suffered. Could we say this might be saying as we read in Rom 8:28, that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.  Your testimony shows the work of God to conform you into the very image of Jesus. Rom 8:29.

In Christ you are no longer your own (1 Cor 6:19-20) and God works in us. Php 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Just watch the change that God brings to your life, and don't fret over the mistakes of life we experienc; pick yourself us and continue on your way to God's full provision for you. 

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

• Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, Larry 2 said:

Dear Sister Eslyn, it is just such sufferings that bring us ever closer to the perfect will of God for our lives. All children of God are heirs of God, and will never be forsaken, but there's the possibility of becoming a joint heir if we suffer with Christ (Rom 8:17), or I might paraphrase to suffer as Jesus did for us.

You might ask what suffering could possibly do for us, and Heb 5:8 says "Though He (Jesus) were a Son, yet learned He obedience by the things which He suffered. Could we say this might be saying as we read in Rom 8:28, that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.  Your testimony shows the work of God to conform you into the very image of Jesus. Rom 8:29.

In Christ you are no longer your own (1 Cor 6:19-20) and God works in us. Php 2:13  For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Just watch the change that God brings to your life, and don't fret over the mistakes of life we experienc; pick yourself us and continue on your way to God's full provision for you. 

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

Amen! Thanks for quoting the scriptures as a help. I am definitely gonna pick myself up and continue on my way to God's full provision for me.

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome!

• Thumbs Up 2

12 hours ago, Eslyn said:

Hi I accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as my Lord and Personal Savior over a year now. But struggled with my faith, I don't want my faith to be based on feelings which only last for a moment. I am right now on the worship team in my church I attend. 

I am longing to do the will of my Heavenly Father Jehovah and to follow Jesus Christ as my Lord. I want to have that intimate relationship with him and never leave his presence. But now I have a problem, people know of my past and right now I feel like I am fighting a battle all alone. Even members in my church are saying that it is too late for me that there is no hope for me. To my face they encourage me, but when I am away from them, they keep saying this things and saying that i can never change and that i went to far from God. Since more than one person keeps saying it is too late for me, is that a confirmation? Wat would one do in my place? Would God reject me? 

You've been a believer for one year. Let Christ have your life. 10 years from now if you will keep growing you will be a different person altogether. 20 years from now you will be stepping into new areas of faith and service to God. 30 years from now you could be accomplishing things for Him that you never would have dreamed in a thousand years. 

Take no thought for what others there are thinking. Pray God sends you some friends there that you know beyond doubt care for and believe in you. And if He doesn't send them, leave and find yourself another church where they do.

In Christ Jesus, the Lord of Glory.

Hidden In Him

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

7CIv.gif Eslyn:36:

• Thumbs Up 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By FindingHim
      Hi there! I am going to start off by giving a bit of a backstory, and please hear me out by reading all of this because I am in dire need right now.

I grew up in a lovely home with Baptist parents who attended church every Sunday. However, I hit very traumatic times at about 7 years old, and now I am 16, going on 17, and my life is healing from the trauma of divorced parents, dealing with calling defax on my own mother for emotional, verbal, and sometimes physical abuse, hating my father for years due to my mother calling him unworthy every chance she got- only to find that my father did everything he could to make me realize he meant no harm, and all the mental issues which came with these life experiences. Shortly after turning 12, four years into my nearly 10-year real-life conflict, I found myself falling far from God. Although I had become fully saved according to the Baptist faith and believed with all my heart that God was my savior and my all at age 10, I fell far from Him only two years later. Two years later, at 12, and hardly 12 at that, I text my friend late one summer night.
      "I don't know that I believe in God anymore," I sent her, crying my eyes out because all I needed right then was someone to pull me back to God and say that I needed to hold on. I desperately needed someone to grab my ears and pull me up saying, "Hello!! Jesus is alive! He is alive! And He loves you more than you'll ever comprehend!"
      But, the reality was far from this. My friend responds less than a minute later.
      "I am an Atheist."
      My heart dropped at the message. But... strangely enough, it later was found with relief. I felt ACCEPTANCE for falling from Him! It sounds crazy because it is. I researched for a long time, mainly in the wrong places, and I found myself to identify as an Atheist. This lasted for years, all the way until a month or so ago to be frank. I am going to be 17 in July and going into the 12th grade next year, and I believe this all happened in the summer of going into 6th or 7th grade, which would have put me at 11 or 12. So for 5, possibly 6, years I have been very lost and falling blind of God. I fell into believing I was transgender, from female to male, to believing I was gay and dating a girl almost a full year. Many, many tragic things followed this initial start of trauma when my parents got a divorce at 7 years old.

Now, having all that said... I still feel a strong incomplete pit in my life, this being my relationship with God. I still question my sexuality today. I believe that being abused for all those years led me to believe I was homosexual because beforehand, I never EVER questioned my sexuality. I was your typical "boy-crazy" little girl who would go to their mom after school and say, "Guess what mommy! [Enter name here] talked to me today! I was so nervous!" I can tell you confidently now that I know I am a beautiful, straight female who deserves just as much as everyone else. In my heart, I feel that. However, I hesitate to answer so confidently in person because it takes denying my past conflictions to find my true self deep within me that, yes, I am that person. For a long time I denied this person that I was because of the many times my mother would tell me that I wasn't her daughter, I wasn't what she wanted, and I was a mistake through and through. I believe truly, within my heart, that abuse can cause lifetime problems such as this. Abuse, especially that in childhood, does not just affect your personality, your social life, and your way of coping with life situations. Abuse affects your lifestyle, your beliefs, and all the critical things of yourself.

I am stuck. My ex-best friend and I started talking recently. We grew up together and shortly after I went from a true Christian to Atheist, we fell apart from one another. In the past month, we found each other via social media and I have come to find, not to my surprise, that she is still very faithful and connected to God. Even when we were little and very close, I was inspired by her connection with God and trust in Him, despite our different beliefs. She was raised Apostolic Pentecostal. I was raised Baptist. However, now that we have reconnected, I have caught her up with everything that happened to me in the past years that we haven't talked. She amazes me still at her immaculate trust in God. She is now involved in leading many youth groups to teach the Bible to younger kids, as well as attending her own youth group herself. This makes me intrigued in her beliefs since I am currently not under any official belief besides that in which God does indeed exist. My mother is not much in the picture anymore, so I have free reign to explore all sorts of Christianity that I please without fear of being bashed or shunned for doing anything other than Baptism.  I have been looking into Apostolic Pentecostal all day, trying to actually understand what the belief is all about compared to Baptism, since that is what I know best, and it makes so much more sense to me compared to what I grew up with. Is there anybody who is an Apostolic Pentecostal that could please help guide me and help me in understanding the beliefs? I am very intrigued by this way of praise and church-going. So please, if you read all of this, which I hope you did because it contributes so much to my reasoning behind this, and you are an Apostolic Pentecostal, please give me information on your beliefs and ways of praising and keeping faith. I am finding God again, and I do not plan on losing Him this time. Not again.
    • By Justin9228
      Forgive me in advance if this is not an appropriate place to post this.
      Hello everybody, my name is Justin. I'm 26 years old. I grew up in a family that I wouldn't really call religious. I remember we attended church only a few times growing up and never practiced any prayer. My father is an athiest and my mother is a believer as of recently after my parents divorced and now attends church regularly but does not take it as seriously as she could. This means I am not baptized. 
        My life thus far has been filled with disappointment and loneliness. I constantly feel like I'm missing a big important piece of my life. I struggle with severe depression and anxiety. I have always tried to think logically. I dont believe something if I dont have proof. I spend a lot of time doubting and wondering why. This in turn has led me down a path of atheism. It has always been hard for me to believe in god when I never had proof. 
      However, lately I have been even questioning this. Are my issues caused because I dont have faith? Are these misfortunes and woes in my life because the devil has had too big of an impact on my life so far?
      I watched a documentary on YouTube the other day of a man who claims to have passed away and was sent to hell after meeting with god because his whole life he had been an atheist. He then went into great detail of the horrors he expierence in the short time he spent in hell. God gave him a second chance at life and was revived in the hospital. This scared me deeply. I've always been a good person and always tried to do the right thing. I have a great amount of empathy for people and dont like to hurt peoples feelings. But I will still be sent to hell for not building a relationship with god?
      Life is a test and am I failing so far? I just have so much confusion. I want very badly to build a relationship with god and have faith and turn over a new leaf. But how do I start? Am I just being scared into it because I dont want to go to hell? I feel like the fact that I'm even having these thoughts is enough proof to have faith because I feel like something is missing in my life. Is that god? Or am I being selfish? I just dont know...
      My question at the end of the day is that if I want to change my thinking habits and the doubt part of my thoughts, Where do I start? How can I rid myself of the devils thoughts that hes been putting in my head my whole life. thoughts like (god is not real, there is no proof, when you die you just die). How can I start this new relationship with god and be forgiven for the doubts I've had.I kind of worry I'll always have doubts. Is that normal? Please, would really like some advice. Thank you all so much and I hope you guys have a great day. 
    • By Gary7
      I am new but I need to find someone to talk to. I hope I don't overshare. My son and his girlfriend live with me. They have a child together, my granddaughter. They have lived with me for about 10 months. Before that they were homeless, living out of my son's truck. I don't agree with his decisions, but with her being pregnant and they were not in safe circumstances, I decided to ask them to live with me. It has been very rocky at times both between me and them and them between each other. I have had to talk her off of the precipice of self-harm several times. There have been some minor instances of physical "interaction" between them as well. 
      All this to say I am looking for advice, admonishment, encouragement, Etc. My siblings and parents are very supportive but I feel like I need some third party perspective sometimes.