IGNORED

how do you feel about close friends not attending a wedding or a funeral?

Equippers

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  539
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,732
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  221
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

praying for you equippers that you may find peace 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

Sometimes on Worthy you have those moments where you think, this cannot be real, I cannot seriously be reading a thread like this....

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Oy Vey! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

I can't judge people's love for others by a 30 minute service over the dead.

My grandfather died suddenly many years ago.  Our pastor at the time was out of town.  He did not come in for the funeral.  He and my grandfather were the closest of any two men in our church.  They dearly loved each other and each other's family.  

Not one person in our family thought anything about it.  Nothing.  We were not offended at all.  We knew that he was out of state and getting back for 30 minutes wasn't prudent.  He would grieve with my grandmother when he came back.

I wish you could read the letter he wrote my grandmother that did get to her a day or two later.  It was the most heart-felt thing ever.  It was something she kept for many years in her bible.

I would hate to know that I had to attend every single funeral/wedding of every single friend or their families to prove my love for them.  

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 3:58 AM, pg4Him said:

Sometimes on Worthy you have those moments where you think, this cannot be real, I cannot seriously be reading a thread like this....

well, if you think this kind of thread is rediculous? then why do you keep click on it then?????

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 1:04 AM, ladypeartree said:

praying for you equippers that you may find peace 

thank you for your kindness. it is incredible it is so far in between on a site like this....

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:59 AM, Gary Lee said:

There just might have been a reason.

fd76d53675798b50e6d61b73577a93f1.jpg

yes in his case, i am happy to agree with you

though it is much harder to feel the sentiment with people who lies and abuse their power to destroy others.

could they be fighting a battle, maybe

is their evil deeds have less impacts on their victims, sometimes permanent impacts?

i am so happy our God is a God of Justice and i pray He will reveal Himself in all of our lives where vindication is needed.....

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:20 PM, Butero said:

I can only speak for myself, as someone that once had to fly across country to attend the funeral of a family member.  That is not an easy thing to do, and is very expensive.  I would cut the man some slack.  I could understand what you are saying if he was at home and just chose to skip the funeral, but to expect him to jump on a plane and fly back is a bit unreasonable to me.  Just the cost alone would create problems, and you can't assume he could afford it.  Nobody knows how much money somebody else really has.  

could be

it is his choice obviously, but i just feel if he really cared about this family member he would allow his love to shown in his action.....

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 11:30 PM, Neighbor said:

Hi,

Regardless of circumstances in either situation, just who is carrying a burden over them today?

Developing a keen sense for slights is just that a burden that wears on the heart. It just doesn't matter a wit what happened nor when. Let it go, put on a happy countenance and go about proclaiming the wonder of the gospel of our Lord and savior.

Should it be that you still feel bad about not attending a wedding, then say so to God. Ask Him what to do about that now. And if the answer seems to be apologize for not attending a wedding then share that you feel bad to this day about it and give a nice surprise anniversary gift to the wedded couple.

But please do not share your sense of having slighted someone, by balancing flaws, finding someone else, a pastor who in your opinion did something similar , and then try to balance that all out to feel justified in some manner. Instead let it go, be appreciative that the pastor bothered to mention your extended family member at any  time.

Why you could perhaps get over your own sense of being slighted by sending that pastor a note saying thanks for your mention of my family member, I mis him too. It was nice to hear his name mentioned, thanks.

My point and suggestion is please consider being pro active in getting past your own burden, shake it off, don't let the evil one, nor your own mind, weight you down. Get back to a happier countenance and praise God for it. It is hard to sing He Lives He lives Christ lives today while carrying the burden  of small slights around. Hard to participate in the Lord's supper that way too. So please for your own well being bury the slights and put a grave marker on them, and move on having finalized that issue.

Just my thoughts for whatever they might be worth-

thank you and God bless.

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:11 AM, Still Alive said:

Nope. I don't care who attends a wedding or a funeral. And I would not expect even a close friend to leave their vacation for my funeral. That is unreasonable. The dead don't care. They are dead.

The older I get, the harder it is for me to be offended by others. They live their life and I live mine. I can't expect them to have the exact same values as me. That is not reasonable.

Life's too short to get offended every time someone does not meet your particular expectations of how things should be done. You'll be a much more happy and joyous person if you stop judging what others do regarding "non-sin" issues. Heck, even sin issues. Let Jesus deal with it.

the dead don't care, they are dead? actually, they are in heaven right now, so of course they CARE!

the harder it is you me to be offended by others? judging by your tone, it seems you are very offended by what i wrote

i can't expect them to have the exact same values as me? so why are you so aggressive?

you stop judging what others do? well what are you doing in your response exactly?

On ‎16‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 12:15 AM, Adstar said:

I think slowly fuming for years over such issues hurts the offended one far more then the one who is the focus of the offense..

The thing to do is to give it all over the the LORD Jesus Christ and allow Him to deal with the situation as He deems fit..

Anger is like a weight on your shoulders.. Lugging it around for years is just toxic to all concerned..

It is a heavy debilitating burden..

thank you and God bless.

• Thumbs Up 1