Question that atheist ask sometime that is getting to me

• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  356
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Sometimes atheist ask if God made time.And if God existed before time.How does that work?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  105
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,803
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

God is eternal.  Timeless.

Take today for example.  God existed eternally looking back at yesterday and and going back as far as the mind can comprehend and even eternally past that.

By the same token, God exists eternally looking forward to tomorrow and moving ahead as far as the mind can comprehend.  He exists eternally beyond our comprehension.

Time doesn't not define God.  God defines time.  He made the moon, sun, and stars so that man could "mark the seasons and days and years".  Time is for US, not God.  Our days are finite and are perishable bodies are not eternal.  We NEED to tell time.

Time cannot pass if there is nothing to "mark" it as Genesis says.  Before clocks and watches, we had sundials and waterclocks to be specific.  More ancient man relied on the movement of the sun, moon, and stars.

There has to be space and matter and relative movement for time to be measured. Before creation, there was none of that.

God's eternal nature cannot be measured because you have to have a starting point and a stopping to do so.  God has no beginning and no end.

Your atheist acquaintances are asking a faulty questions.  They are incorrectly presuming that God requires time to BE God.  He does not.

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

13 hours ago, zorgblar said:

Sometimes atheist ask if God made time.And if God existed before time.How does that work?

I don't know. I have thought about eternity past. Going back in what I perceived the past. Thinking about things like a "billion times a zillion to the quadrillionth power" Looking for the beginning. Realizing, there is none. (For God) Wondering, why we are at this stage of life in this universe, created by our timeless Creator. The Alpha and the Omega. The beginning and the end, of all things. Are we the first? Things. Creations. Maybe there is something written in scripture referring to this. I can only think in human terms. But God gave us a very valuable gift. Imagination. My problem, thinking on eternity past (and future) blows my mind. To think of the tiny iota of the evolutionist mind, who believe they have the age old question of our existence all figured out, compared to what we do NOT know, appears infantile. I believe God gave us what we need to know in His word, concerning our future, with HIM.  And He gave us the means. His SON.
                       Whosoever will.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  131
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

To tack on to the previous answers, in my experience, such evolutionists often have a narrow and basic understanding of the theory and science itself. Time is such a complex measurement that no clock within existence is accurate. It goes on and on and on like:

00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00, etc. It's an endless sequence of factors that lead up to what we understand to be an hour, many of those factors can be drastically effected by even the smallest disturbance. The fact that planets aren't zipping and zooping and falling out of the space-time continuum is a testament to the fact of the existence of God. It is far beyond our understanding, and always will be.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,524
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 5/15/2018 at 6:59 PM, zorgblar said:

Might I suggest that atheists do not ponder such things as much as they rail against God? You could give a formula more accurate than Einstein's revisi0n of his own formula and the atheist would just have another question to get you to chase your own "tale" so to speak.

The atheist plays a stalling game. He is no different from the rest of the unbelieving world, he rails against God. He just goes to the extent of denying God exists at all. It is the coward's denial of God's sovereignty, to deny that God exists at all. The atheist cannot bring himself to face God and deny God's sovereignty over him.

Satan denied God's sovereignty, but He is not so dumb as to try to deny God's existence. Atheists are the dumbest and the mentally inept and laziest of all people. For they shut out what is right before them, shown in all of creation. It is a stupidity beyond comprehension, and a stupidity that I lived in for much of my own life. It was not until I was confronted by the Holy Spirit that I was turned about from my own inept and lazy atheism. I was my own God. I denied God, but was my own god, I believed in me. How dumb is that? That is the atheist.

All one can do with an atheist is continue to live one's life for Christ Jesus, and share the gospel of Jesus in word and act it in deed. Then when the Holy Spirit confronts the atheist with the Holy Spirit's specific call to the atheist to repent and turn about, the atheist will have not only that specific call from God to face, but also the history of every saint's buttressing by the life of saints in Christ Jesus and their testimony as a witness for the Gospel of Jesus to review.

The saint can only lend his very best effort at testifying as a witness, the saint can save no  one of their own will and doing. Each saint must live the word of God, be completely confident in the Holy Spirit, and that Jesus who is God hears our prayers and intercedes in our behalf before His Father, who is God, for the unsaved - including the atheist. The saint cannot give up living in the walk, for the Holy Spirit will use the memory of the many saints and their testimony  as part of His call to the unsaved, and that He will turn about who He will as known to the Father and as given to the Son. And the son will not lose a one.

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

On 5/15/2018 at 6:59 PM, zorgblar said:

First, I'd need the atheist is to be a lot more clear on what he's asking. But even if he did you probably couldn't give him an answer he'd like. In my experience all atheists are trying to do is prove God isn't real, so I no longer answer them. However, if I ever met an atheist who I felt wanted to be convinced God is real I'd answer him. Last Christmas a woman I've known 60 yrs referred to Christianity (and the Bible) as mythology. To my shame I got angry. The next day I remembered there once was a time I called Our God/Christianity/ the Bible as mythology too. But I called all gods mythology and I was 25. She's 60 and she doesn't consider Hindu gods myths. I was seeking ultimate truth she was attacking Christianity because it was Christmas. Therefore I didn't answer her.

Here's an interesting fact from my life. Back then I considered God, Jesus, the Bible and Satan as all part of 1 myth. One day I realized Satan is indeed real. Well, if he's real I had to reconsider God. Thus started my lifelong journey to know God. I never regretted it 1 bit. If I sensed an atheist was like I was only then would I answer him. If not I'm just wasting my breath.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  3
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

There is no such thing as atheism honestly, because there has to be God in order for their so called religion to be valid anyways. How can they not believe in something that doesn't exist?.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

Time is something that is used to determine a beginning and an end.

Before anything was created there was no beginning and end to measure.Therefore no timing of things.

It really brings in to question (don't go there Mike) of how to define "day" in the first part of Genesis, a merry go round many hop on to. :th_frusty:

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On 5/16/2018 at 8:59 AM, zorgblar said:

God created universe time.. But i believe God existed forever in his own time which is different to our time.. He sees all our times from His time and thus knows the beggining and the end of  universe history..

The Bible makes it clear that a day to the LORD is totally unrelated to a Day in creation..

2 Peter 3 KJV

:8 "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."

Note how both the above statements in the verse above are opposite yet both are true..

• Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I'm currently reading a book called "Confessions" by Saint Augustine. He wrote it approximately 395 - 398 AD. I was trying to read something by an early church father before Christianity split into Christianity/Catholicism. I seem to have failed on that account. Nevertheless, this book is quite interesting. Due to my cataracts I have to listen to the audio book on You Tube. It's 11 hours long and I'm about half way through. What's interesting is Augustine raised many of the same questions we keep raising. Currently he's trying to understand why an all good God would even create evil, as in Satan. : : : SPOILER ALERT : : : [his answer seems to be so that His creatures, all of us, can have free will]

As I read this thread there were quite a few issues we raised that Augustine also raised. But I don't know how to do a multi-quote. How do I quote more than 1 person? I used to know how but I forgot.

I think Augustine started out as an atheist (not sure). But somewhere around his 30th year of life he starts mentioning Catholicism and his discontentment with what they taught him. (many of us can relate to that) But I still haven't discovered what Christianity was before Catholicism made the scene.

Augustine also spent a lot of effort trying to figure out what time is and if indeed time doesn't pertain to God then what does pertain to Him. It's interesting because we've had some 1600 yrs to ponder this, and still don't know, while to Augustine these questions were brand new.

As I said I'm about half way through "Confessions". At this point he seems unhappy with Catholicism. But since he came to be known as Saint Augustine I'm assuming he becomes less disillusioned with Catholicism.

After I had started his book "Confessions" I found out he wrote another book called "The City of God". This book has been referenced by Dr. Youssef who has a TV show in my area on Sun Mornings at 7:30 am. I've been listening to Dr. Youssef about a year and I like his sermons so now I'm eager to read "City of God". 

Can anyone explain how I quote from more than 1 person all in my same post?