Salvation?

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Hi all, I'm a guest passing through and I'd like to know what specifically makes a person saved, according to the Bible. I hear a lot of different opinions. Can you tell me please, summarize what the Bible says? Thank you. i really need to know. 

Edit
Hi again, its been about an hour and i dont see a reply yet and i really need to jet. So I'll try and get back in here in a few days but I'm really busy right now. I don't have a lot of free alone time but so many questions. Im feeling like this world is closing in on me like time's running out. I need to get right with God. i feel an urgency. I'll check back when I can. Please tell me what the Bible says. No opinions. Please. Thank you. 

Edit

As a guest I'm not allowed to post replies. So just an edit to say thank you to BK for the reply. This means a lot to me. Thank you! 

BD

Edited by Brian Dietzen
To thank BK
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,204
  • Content Per Day:  3.35
  • Days Won:  30

Eph 2:4  But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us,

Eph 2:5  even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved—

Eph 2:7  so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God,

Eph 2:9  not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Grace means unmerited favor.   It is God's kindness to us in sending Jesus to die in our place for our errors.   By crying out to Him for help and then thanking Him for this gift, we are receiving the Spirit of Christ into our lives.  None of us deserve this gift.  No one is good enough to go to heaven.  No one is perfect and perfection is what God requires.  He cannot tolerate imperfection or sin.  Only Jesus live a life that was totally without sin.  Christ dwelling in us by His Spirit is what qualifies us and makes us a Christian. 

2Co 13:5   Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

• This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  John 3:16

Truly, truly I say unto you, he that believes on Me hath everlasting life.  John 6:47

But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name.  John 1:12

For He hath made Him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him.  2 Corinthians 5:21

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  1 John 1:9

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  5

21 hours ago, BK1110 said:

"If you declare with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, 'Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.' For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, for, 'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.'" -- Romans 10:9-13

DECLARE with your mouth these truths to God; you know you are a sinner and are hopeless without Him. Tell Him that and ask for His forgiveness. BELIEVE that Jesus is Lord and He died for you, not just a head knowledge, but a true belief that is so strong it spurs you to genuine repentance and a desire to follow God in all ways. This belief should spur you to change, to action, to works. These actions and works are not what saves, but if true salvation has occurred, works are sure to follow, as a healthy tree is not healthy because of the fruit it bears, but it bears fruit because it is healthy.

Great salvation verses! There are more Our new friend may like.......” Lord have mercy on me a sinner” is one.  “ Jesus save me” would be another.All the thief on the cross said was “ remember me”.The latest salvation Verses come from Paul in 1cor15:1-4— believe Jesus died for your sins and rose from the dead.That is the true,pure Gospel and Paul said that is what we will be judged by.....this salvation verse is hidden from those that perish,according to Paul.It appears that the Holy Spirit has pierced your heart—- nobody comes lest the Spirit draw him——I will be praying that God will you give wisdom in the coming days.God bless

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

On 5/15/2018 at 10:42 PM, Brian Dietzen said:

Hi all, I'm a guest passing through and I'd like to know what specifically makes a person saved, according to the Bible. I hear a lot of different opinions. Can you tell me please, summarize what the Bible says? Thank you. i really need to know. 

Hi Brian and welcome. I’ll attempt to give you something you can grab hold of. There are different scriptures telling us how to be saved, and all are true. I personally believe they were said to the believer’s individual need of assurance at the moment probably having to do with the circumstance they found themselves. I’ll just list some below and narrow them down to the basic principle of salvation. Can you meet the criterion of any one of the following scriptures?

Mar 16:16  He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved . . .

Act 16:31  . . . Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved. . .

Rom 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Rom 10:14  How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed?

(Many of our soldiers were saved in a foxhole crying out to God when they thought they were going to die.)

Eph 2:8  . . . by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I'll just add this following scripture that might correct some of the things you've heard about how to become saved.

Gal 2:16  Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 

Blessings in Christ Jesus.

• This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,602
  • Content Per Day:  4.02
  • Days Won:  21

In the wilderness, there was a cross with a snake on it erected by Moses at Gods command.

All that looked on it did so with the belief they would live and not die. This is what they did and they were spared.

Yeshua said that, 'when I be lifted up, I will draw all men unto Me'.

So like the pole in the desert, we have to do the same because Yeshua said that, 'all that look on Me and Believe shall be saved'.

It is that simple and that profound...

• This is Worthy 3

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  32
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Thank you every

body,

I appreciate