• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/28/1990

I was born with an Intellectual Learning Disability but I wasn't diagnosed straight away, I can't remember at what age I was diagnosed but I was still very little when my pediatrition diagnosed me with this disability. I am currently 27 years old and I feel like my disability has stopped me from doing many things and make a living for myself. I really struggled with the work and didn't really have any friends at school, I was basically the unpopular kid that all the other kids wanted to pick on and were very nasty to me for no reason. And all the people who claimed to be my friends just ditched me, i'm still living under my Mum's roof,I don't have very much work experience, I have no career, hardly any income, not even close to getting my drivers license, I havn't even gone for my learners yet. I feel like it has even prevented me from having a love life and my social life isn't so great either, in a recent previous post reguarding my Depression & Anxiety issues someone asked me where God comes into this? I may get the same or a similar question to this post, but the truth is I have no clue where or even how God comes into this situation or any situation I have been or going through. I didn't become a believer until around 2013 but I didn't start attending church until around December 2015, I have been to three different churches since then and as people say "third luck is a charm" I found a church where I feel welcome and accepted for who I am. I guess it's normal for Christians or someone of any religion to go to different churches etc until they feel they have found "the one" that they will stick with. I believe I have found that church and the people there are so lovely, welcoming & accepting. I hope that I will have the same experience as well on this forum with all of you. May God give you mercy & peace. ❤️2 minutes ago

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

3 hours ago, Alison_P said:

i'm still living under my Mum's roof,I don't have very much work experience, I have no career, hardly any income, not even close to getting my drivers license, I havn't even gone for my learners yet. I feel like it has even prevented me from having a love life

You have a male point of view, which is strange as men don't really care about how much money you make especially if they're a family-oriented males. The thing they will care about is: are you pretty and would you make a good mom. As they say "Strike while the iron is hot" you're still young and you should focus on staying fit & pretty to attract a partner.   

Consider becoming a stay-at-home mom if you haven't already, and if you don't want kids there are still men that would happily take care of you. Your job is not you, especially not for women (though males certainly need a good job to attract a partner the opposite is not true).   

Edited by secretopossumcabal

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Content Per Day:  2.43
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

Welcome to Worthy! God bless, I pray you find the fellowship you need here!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13

Hi and good morning Alison_P. Reading your testimony here, I was amazed that with your diagnosed disability you have a good command of writing skills. I hear of, and really have no idea what's available as online work, but you may want to look into it. Does your disability affect your physical functions as well? I.e., are you able to walk, ride a bike, and/or other considered normal things as washing dishes, etc?

You mention obtaining a learner's permit to learn driving, and your mental appitude seems to far surpass the minimun to accomplish that; go for it. There may be some rote memory involved such as speed limits in school zones, neighborhoods, and even a small amount of math skills as figuring how far to follow other drivers at certain speeds. Where I live we are to maintain a distance between the car ahead by 3 seconds, and that is done by counting off 3 seconds from some point the car in front of you just passed until you pass it; if you're too close, just back off a bit more.

Praying for you sister in Jesus' name.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 5/17/2018 at 6:14 AM, Alison_P said:
I was born with an Intellectual Learning Disability but I wasn't diagnosed straight away, I can't remember at what age I was diagnosed but I was still very little when my pediatrition diagnosed me with this disability. I am currently 27 years old and I feel like my disability has stopped me from doing many things and make a living for myself. I really struggled with the work and didn't really have any friends at school, I was basically the unpopular kid that all the other kids wanted to pick on and were very nasty to me for no reason. And all the people who claimed to be my friends just ditched me, i'm still living under my Mum's roof,I don't have very much work experience, I have no career, hardly any income, not even close to getting my drivers license, I havn't even gone for my learners yet. I feel like it has even prevented me from having a love life and my social life isn't so great either, in a recent previous post reguarding my Depression & Anxiety issues someone asked me where God comes into this? I may get the same or a similar question to this post, but the truth is I have no clue where or even how God comes into this situation or any situation I have been or going through. I didn't become a believer until around 2013 but I didn't start attending church until around December 2015, I have been to three different churches since then and as people say "third luck is a charm" I found a church where I feel welcome and accepted for who I am. I guess it's normal for Christians or someone of any religion to go to different churches etc until they feel they have found "the one" that they will stick with. I believe I have found that church and the people there are so lovely, welcoming & accepting. I hope that I will have the same experience as well on this forum with all of you. May God give you mercy & peace. ❤️2 minutes ago

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  

Hi Alison, so glad you found a loving church family where you feel at home.   Just keep continuing on with the Lord, growing in Him.  You never know what the Lord will do in your life.

Also, do you like animals or some type of volunteering?  Sometimes if you volunteer and the staff gets to know you, they will offer you a job.   I know someone who did that at a hospital, and she got a job there.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  471
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,542
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  9

Hi i am praying for you. God is in your life and thats the most inportant thing. You are blessed more then you think. You are bless in the heavenly places. Jesus knows you and thats a big blessing. He will lead you in your life. May God bless you with all he has for you.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  536
  • Content Per Day:  0.25
  • Days Won:  1

On 5/17/2018 at 9:14 AM, Alison_P said:

Hello Alison_P!
As Larry 2 posted above, and which also came to my mind immediately, was that you consider writing. You seem to have absolutely no difficulty in expressing your thoughts, and you do it in a manner that is very clear. Most importantly, once I started reading what you wrote, I didn't want to stop! 
You already have plenty to write about just with your story and 20 some years of experience dealing with your disability.
I'm sure there is a market for such stories as well since disability issues receive lots of interest and attention.
Anyway, something to consider.
Be open to what God wants you do.

Psalm 37:22-24

The steps of a good man are [b]ordered by the Lord,
And He delights in his way.
24 Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down;
For the Lord upholds him with His hand.

This article might help as well.

https://www.crosswalk.com/family/career/making-career-decisions-within-gods-will-for-your-life-1188613.html

Alison, I can tell you you already are a stronger person than I am because of what you have dealt with all your life and because you have found faith in God where too many others would reject God in bitterness thinking their condition was caused by God.

You are a "seeker" and as you know, 

Matthew 7:7 New King James Version (NKJV)“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

God will Continue to Bless you Alison. 

Cheers!;)

•  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •