• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, Gideon said:

The valley of decision has been a wide plain, with people never having to truly make a final choice. In this valley, there is no gray. There is light and there is dark. We have to choose, and it means no more sitting on the fence, even if we are 3/4 of the way into light, for that will not be enough. We are asked to make our tree good, and there is but one way to do that. To commit to being light, we must agree to the Lord taking from us all that is dark. That is our old nature. 

You keep talking of repentance and yes it is needed. But a man can be repentant and miserable, and I was for almost four decades. We must share with them what we truly are to be repentant for.... limiting the Holy One of Israel with our unbelief, and then tell him what to do next. What must we do next? Believe our God! Reckon ourselves dead to sin, dead the self nature, and to use that confession as our shield against the enemy. Then yield ourselves to God not in our strength, our determination ,but as those who are alive from the dead!

If we repent but are not changed, it is but a matter of time we will either fall or become weary because of the way, and our walk becomes a joyless, hanging on by our fingernails walk, rather than a true walk of victory over the world, the flesh and the devil. 

Blessings, 

Gids

That is what worries me huge Gideon .   IF you were miserable for four decades ,  YET FROM day one I was peaceful in the new heart ,  WHY is that .

I think you never truly knew him , its why things were so hard on you .     I worry that you may have gotten mad and cursed or blamed GOD.

I pray you did not .   IF you did ,  I pray you repented of that .    Sometimes folks get mad and angry at GOD and man that is dangerous .  they can get a false peace out of that deal.

I SEEN it happen.    what I mean is ,  they cursed GOD , and then later they get a peace experience , YET they still don't really know him .

Of course I am not saying this about you .    But I am worried .   WHY forty years .    I aint no better than you ,  heck I bet I was far worse .

The thing that is worrying me ,  is only some of the things you say ,   the holiness part is great .    but other things worry me a bit.

and by all means I aint accusing you in any way .  I KNOW GOD is full of mercy .    but I am telling you ,  you are getting Some things wrong .

Like how you discet the parable of the ten virgins and try and point this to this awakening you seem to be claiming is coming .  Its things like that , which bother me .

But the holiness about How we should be walking is good .     Gideon ,  Lets stick to just exhorting like the early church did.

Keep reminind about the power of Christ and being set free.    but some of the other stuff ,   its not helping chief,   I mean it worries me .

• Group:  Mars Hill

I do believe though due to mass amounts of churches have long went to bed and are in bed with doctines of demons

a last minute , last call repent asap is being sounded .     But man folks better wake up fast ,  cause a monster delusion is rising too.

And no one wants to get caught up in that ,  it leads right to the beast which is to rise , anti Christ etc.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, angels4u said:

If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8This is to My Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, proving yourselves to be My disciples. John 15:7

Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God--this is your true and proper worship.Romans 12:1

Matthew Henry Commentary

12:1,2 The apostle having closed the part of his epistle wherein he argues and proves various doctrines which are practically applied, here urges important duties from gospel principles. He entreated the Romans, as his brethren in Christ, by the mercies of God, to present their bodies as a living sacrifice to Him. This is a powerful appeal. We receive from the Lord every day the fruits of his mercy. Let us render ourselves; all we are, all we have, all we can do: and after all, what return is it for such very rich receivings? It is acceptable to God: a reasonable service, which we are able and ready to give a reason for, and which we understand. Conversion and sanctification are the renewing of the mind; a change, not of the substance, but of the qualities of the soul. The progress of sanctification, dying to sin more and more, and living to righteousness more and more, is the carrying on this renewing work, till it is perfected in glory. The great enemy to this renewal is, conformity to this world. Take heed of forming plans for happiness, as though it lay in the things of this world, which soon pass away. Do not fall in with the customs of those who walk in the lusts of the flesh, and mind earthly things. The work of the Holy Ghost first begins in the understanding, and is carried on to the will, affections, and conversation, till there is a change of the whole man into the likeness of God, in knowledge, righteousness, and true holiness. Thus, to be godly, is to give up ourselves to God.

Brother, the question which no one seems to want to answer is :

What would YOU tell someone caught in an addictive sin that they are struggling mightily with, but can’t control? 

Is your answer the scripture you shared? Pray and ask God to free you? If it is, then it would also be the answer for anyone with smaller sins, amen? How is that working for us so far? 

Do you see what I am getting at? If we do not have a real answer on how to fight the devil, there is no way we can reign as overcomers here on earth. Victory is an unattainable dream. There is no real hope for most caught in Romans 7, which, by the way, is the vast population of Christ’s Church.  There is no way the lost can KNOW that Jesus is Lord, because there is no way they can see us sanctified before their very eyes. We are forced to cling to our positional holiness and totally give up our quest to possess our bodies in sanctification and honor, which by the way is pretty much what we have done, 

Do we have a God capable of defeating evil in our life, or is it our job to do so, or is it no ones job? Many say that we do not have to do anything, and so if God also does nothing to deliver us, we are destined to remain captives to sin to one degree (small foxes) or another (ravenous beasts) all the days of our lives. Is that the glorious liberty of the children of God? 

Why would the Lord tell us to resist Satan if we do not have to do anything? I agree that putting the weight back on our shoulders leads to legalism, so what the heck is the answer? 

It  is to resist him (Satan) steadfast in the faith! Faith in what? That it is no more us that live, but Christ who now lives IN US! 

Right now we have nothing to tell an addiction except “I am praying for you. Come to church, read your Bible, pray, and maybe God will free you. Of course, He has not freed me, but my sins are smaller than your sins, so that makes it ok”. 

C’mon, guys. Be real with me here. If we do not have an answer, and yet we serve a God who promises to free us and has delivered us from the power of darkness, and then tells us that greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world, why is it so hard to see that something is missing in our take on the gospel? God wants to give us the answer, but until we can admit that we need the answer, and that we WANT the answer, nothing will change. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

That is what worries me huge Gideon .   IF you were miserable for four decades ,  YET FROM day one I was peaceful in the new heart ,  WHY is that .

I think you never truly knew him , its why things were so hard on you .     I worry that you may have gotten mad and cursed or blamed GOD.

I pray you did not .   IF you did ,  I pray you repented of that .    Sometimes folks get mad and angry at GOD and man that is dangerous .  they can get a false peace out of that deal.

I SEEN it happen.    what I mean is ,  they cursed GOD , and then later they get a peace experience , YET they still don't really know him .

Of course I am not saying this about you .    But I am worried .   WHY forty years .    I aint no better than you ,  heck I bet I was far worse .

The thing that is worrying me ,  is only some of the things you say ,   the holiness part is great .    but other things worry me a bit.

and by all means I aint accusing you in any way .  I KNOW GOD is full of mercy .    but I am telling you ,  you are getting Some things wrong .

Like how you discet the parable of the ten virgins and try and point this to this awakening you seem to be claiming is coming .  Its things like that , which bother me .

But the holiness about How we should be walking is good .     Gideon ,  Lets stick to just exhorting like the early church did.

Keep reminind about the power of Christ and being set free.    but some of the other stuff ,   its not helping chief,   I mean it worries me .

Brother, I suggest that you read the answer I gave Angels4u. You too are seemingly bent on dodging the issue. Do not tell me God will give you words to say at that time. That is a cop out. There either is an answer, or there is not. It should be able to apply to all sin or not work on any. 

For all the Christians that have been scattered over every high hill by an incomplete teaching of what God promises to do for us, all you have for them is to tell them is to repent and get their doctrine right, nothing else. No weapons that work to get Satan off their backs. Repentance alone will leave them miserable. Until they are shown how... HOW..... to walk in victory, all the shoutings and warnings will do nothing to fix them. 

You keep saying that the parable of the virgins is simply about being ready, but do you not realize that ALL the virgins slept? None were ready. Even those who had the oil, brother. And why is it that even with those who possessed the oil, it was not lit? Do you think these details are not  important? Why not just say that there were ten virgins, five asleep and five with their lamps burning brightly. The bridegroom returned, the five virgins that were not asleep went in and closed the door behind them. Think on this for  a minute, something more is going on here. 

Do not be so sure you are seeing everything right now, because you may not be. 

Blessings, 

Gids

3 hours ago, Gideon said:

Brother, I suggest that you read the answer I gave Angels4u. You too are seemingly bent on dodging the issue. Do not tell me God will give you words to say at that time. That is a cop out. There either is an answer, or there is not. It should be able to apply to all sin or not work on any. 

For all the Christians that have been scattered over every high hill by an incomplete teaching of what God promises to do for us, all you have for them is to tell them is to repent and get their doctrine right, nothing else. No weapons that work to get Satan off their backs. Repentance alone will leave them miserable. Until they are shown how... HOW..... to walk in victory, all the shoutings and warnings will do nothing to fix them. 

You keep saying that the parable of the virgins is simply about being ready, but do you not realize that ALL the virgins slept? None were ready. Even those who had the oil, brother. And why is it that even with those who possessed the oil, it was not lit? Do you think these details are not  important? Why not just say that there were ten virgins, five asleep and five with their lamps burning brightly. The bridegroom returned, the five virgins that were not asleep went in and closed the door behind them. Think on this for  a minute, something more is going on here. 

Do not be so sure you are seeing everything right now, because you may not be. 

Blessings, 

Gids

God is the ONLY one who can set that person free Gideon.    Our part is to speak the words HE gives us , remind them of sound doctrine , remind the reckon yourselves dead to sin.

And KNOWN to GOD is precisely what they need to hear .    All the apostels did , was speak BY the SPIRIT sound doctrine and Had Power .

I can speculate what I would tell that person .    But KNOWN to GOD alone are the exact words and event that must take place to set that person free.

For all I know if that occurred ,    God MIGHT just have me lay hands on them and heal that person addicted.     I could say reckon your self to be dead to the sin

Which is true .    But known to GOD alone , is what that person needs to hear and experience .   I don't speculate scenarios , what is the Point , WHEN GOD HIMSELF

knows the exact thing that needs to be said or done in that persons life .    WHEN or IF this happens ,  GOD alone will KNOW what that person truly needed.

Though I do know what they need ,   God himself knows precisely HOW to operate in every single circumstance.  SO to say , I would wait upon GOD ,  IS the RIGHT ANSWER .

Day by day I do warn and encourage as I am led .   But in each specific case ,  I fully know something that some have either forgotten or do not realize.

GOD HIMSELF ,  knows , is in control and will give whoever HE USES the ability they need in all circumstances .   its not a cop out Gideon .  ITS TRUSTING IN GOD .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

5 hours ago, Gideon said:

What would YOU tell someone caught in an addictive sin that they are struggling mightily with, but can’t control? 

Is your answer the scripture you shared? Pray and ask God to free you? If it is, then it would also be the answer for anyone with smaller sins, amen? How is that working for us so far? 

Do you see what I am getting at? If we do not have a real answer on how to fight the devil, there is no way we can reign as overcomers here on earth. Victory is an unattainable dream. There is no real hope for most caught in Romans 7, which, by the way, is the vast population of Christ’s Church.  There is no way the lost can KNOW that Jesus is Lord, because there is no way they can see us sanctified before their very eyes. We are forced to cling to our positional holiness and totally give up our quest to possess our bodies in sanctification and honor, which by the way is pretty much what we have done, 

Do we have a God capable of defeating evil in our life, or is it our job to do so, or is it no ones job? Many say that we do not have to do anything, and so if God also does nothing to deliver us, we are destined to remain captives to sin to one degree (small foxes) or another (ravenous beasts) all the days of our lives. Is that the glorious liberty of the children of God? 

Why would the Lord tell us to resist Satan if we do not have to do anything? I agree that putting the weight back on our shoulders leads to legalism, so what the heck is the answer? 

It  is to resist him (Satan) steadfast in the faith! Faith in what? That it is no more us that live, but Christ who now lives IN US! 

Right now we have nothing to tell an addiction except “I am praying for you. Come to church, read your Bible, pray, and maybe God will free you. Of course, He has not freed me, but my sins are smaller than your sins, so that makes it ok”. 

C’mon, guys. Be real with me here. If we do not have an answer, and yet we serve a God who promises to free us and has delivered us from the power of darkness, and then tells us that greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world, why is it so hard to see that something is missing in our take on the gospel? God wants to give us the answer, but until we can admit that we need the answer, and that we WANT the answer, nothing will change. 

Blessings, 

Gideon

why is it so hard to see that something is missing in our take on the gospel?

What can you add to the words of the Bible?

Why can you not accept that a born-again Christian lives by faith and every word of God? 

Do you think we're all unhappy Christians who don't know what to do about sin and sin all the time and don't care if we sin or not?

For me, I rest in the finished work on the cross,it was all by " grace" that all my sins are forgiven.

Do you have a formula given by God to your personal?

I choose to live by every word of God and not to be lead astray by the teaching of man .

Oh death ,where is thy sting,where is thou victory?

1  Cor.15:55
…54When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come to pass: “Death has been swallowed up in victory.” 55“Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?” 56The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the Law.…

Matthew Henry Commentary

15:51-58 All the saints should not die, but all would be changed. In the gospel, many truths, before hidden in mystery, are made known. Death never shall appear in the regions to which our Lord will bear His risen saints. Therefore let us seek the full assurance of faith and hope, that in the midst of pain, and in the prospect of death, we may think calmly on the horrors of the tomb; assured that our bodies will there sleep, and in the mean time our souls will be present with the Redeemer. Sin gives death all its hurtful power. The sting of death is sin; but Christ, by dying, has taken out this sting; He has made atonement for sin, He has obtained remission of it. The strength of sin is the law. None can answer its demands, endure its curse, or do away his own transgressions. Hence terror and anguish. And hence death is terrible to the unbelieving and the impenitent. Death may seize a believer, but it cannot hold him in its power. How many springs of joy to the saints, and of thanksgiving to God, are opened by the death and resurrection, the sufferings and conquests of the Redeemer! In verse 58, we have an exhortation, that believers should be steadfast, firm in the faith of that gospel which the apostle preached, and they received. Also, to be unmovable in their hope and expectation of this great privilege, of being raised incorruptible and immortal. And to abound in the work of the Lord, always doing the Lord's service, and obeying the Lord's commands. May Christ give us faith, and increase our faith, that we may not only be safe, but joyful and triumphant.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,763
  • Content Per Day:  2.39
  • Days Won:  28

8 hours ago, Gideon said:

Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus Phil.2:5

Matthew Henry Commentary

2:5-11 The example of our Lord Jesus Christ is set before us. We must resemble Him in his life, if we would have the benefit of His death. Notice the two natures of Christ; His Divine nature, and human nature. Who being in the form of God, partaking the Divine nature, as the eternal and only-begotten Son of God, Joh 1:1, had not thought it a robbery to be equal with God, and to receive Divine worship from men. His human nature; herein He became like us in all things except sin. Thus low, of His own will, He stooped from the glory He had with the Father before the world was. Christ's two states, of humiliation and exaltation, are noticed. Christ not only took upon Him the likeness and fashion, or form of a man, but of one in a low state; not appearing in splendour. His whole life was a life of poverty and suffering. But the lowest step was His dying the death of the cross, the death of a malefactor and a slave; exposed to public hatred and scorn. The exaltation was of Christ's human nature, in union with the Divine. At the name of Jesus, not the mere sound of the word, but the authority of Jesus, all should pay solemn homage. It is to the glory of God the Father, to confess that Jesus Christ is Lord; for it is his will, that all men should honour the Son as they honour the Father, Joh 5:23. Here we see such motives to self-denying love as nothing else can supply. Do we thus love and obey the Son of God?

2 hours ago, Yowm said:

Give 'em the Gospel...

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. (Rom 1:16)

YOWM when I just read that , another scrip came to mind ,   not with mens enticing words , lest the cross become of no effect .    SPOT ON YWOM , YOU PREACH THE GOSPLE

to them.    THEY hear and receive that ,  GOD IS THE CURE ALL.     our wisdom amounts to dung compared to the the wisdom and POWER of GOD .

What can you add to the words of the Bible?

Why can you not accept that a born-again Christian lives by faith and every word of God? 

Do you think we're all unhappy Christians who don't know what to do about sin and sin all the time and don't care if we sin or not?

For me, I rest in the finished work on the cross,it was all by " grace" that all my sins are forgiven.

Do you have a formula given by God to your personal?

I choose to live by every word of God and not to be lead astray by the teaching of man .

Oh death ,where is thy sting,where is thou victory?

NOW that is what I am talking about .     And to add a bit of gravity also ,

Lets remind , rebuke , correct , exhort the same way the early church did , when it comes to error or encouraging .    Cause sin is a deadly monster

but if we HAVE CHRIST ,   the SPIRIT gives all power to crucify it dead .    Only HEED the SPIRIT and not the flesh .  

Cause the truth is , we are servants to whom we obey .    and their is no middle , no two masters .    This is why we must do all

to be here for one another , sound sharp warnings when needed   , sound encouragemnts , praises ,   pslams .   But never take the walk lightly and or in vain .

Never assume ,  oh this one sin aint no big thing .    cause that kind of mind is a mind that leads to death .    Be serious about error and correction

AND ALSO know IF we truly HAVE THE SPIRIT ,   we got all the power , reminders and ability to walk as did our LORD .    I like johns reminders too.

Little children if we say HE abides in us ,    PROOF ,   we walk as HE DID .    Sometimes people might make the mistake of thinking john was some big pushover,

But I can assure you ,  that one man misleading and not allowing the church to receive the brethren , was going to get one severe face down when JOHN showed up .

Them were serious men .    Paul had a man blinded for trying to sway a deputy away from the faith .   the man went out groping for help cause he was blinder

than a bat.    

On that note ,   man them apostels did not play games .     They took the walk serious and always pointed to JESUS .

we hear of men getting delivered to satan so they would learn not to blaspheme.   WE hear of the HOLY GHOST at work and a man and wife killed outright .

We hear sharp rebukes when simeon thought the gift could be purchased with money ,   which oh dear what a field day they would have today in them wealth , health and prosperity camps .

We hear of paul having one delivered over unto satan for destruction of flesh .   we hear of how he rebuked that church of Corinth huge .

James had words ,  paul had words , jude had words ,  GOD from heaven had severe warnings about error .

I mean those men actually believed GOD was HOLY ,  CAUSE HE IS .   

I can only imagine what paul , peter , james , john,  would do today if they walked into many a church ,    most them teachers and leaders

would have severe eye problems and half the congregations would be having to lead them out the doors and POPE francis and the major ones ,

Oh dear ,   I can hardly imagine how many tables would be rearranged and how fast they would shun that all inclusive love false interfaith gospel and all who taught it

and would not repent right out the doors .    THEY MEN MEANT BUSINESS.    SO WE SHOULD TOO .