• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

Cause lets face it , that hug everything , IT AINT WORKING ,   it aint working .    its time for serious correction .

Time for real sound doctrine back in .    Cause the longer the hug and smile and don't correct has been going on ,  THE WORSE the FALLING AWAY IS GETTING .

IT DIDNT WORK .   And doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result,  WHY that is INSANITY .    TIME FOR SOME real warnings and pure true exhortations

and sure hugs is fine .    but the first pattern worked , cause JESUS had set it .    AND I sure hope none of us thinks ,  his ways needs improvement for a new generation .

KNOW what I am saying .  HIS WAY isgood for all genrations and all times . 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

It doesn't seem that we can really compare one person's experience or battle with that of another, it's like apples and oranges.  We are all unique with unique battles, the underlying circumstances of which are known only to God, and that is why He is the only righteous judge.  If someone who comes to faith in Christ and is miserable over a besetting sin I would think that is because they know the Lord, not because they don't know Him...if they didn't know the Lord they would be happy in their sin rather than troubled over it.  For example, one person's mere willful self-indulgence is another person's deep bondage and need for healing.....even when the behaviour looks the same from outward appearances.  Everyone's background is different, eg, life experiences growing up, Godly or ungodly lineage, etc, etc.....infinite number of variables, so nobody can make themself a measure of anything.  We each only know in part, often only from the perspective of the part that we are......and if we think we know we do not yet know as we ought, and the word also says if we think we stand we are to take heed lest we fall.  These truths serve to keep us humble and looking to the Lord and deter us from carving what we think we know into stone....because the truth of Christ is a living thing....and we are to keep it in spirit, and let it be ministered in spirit,  rather than set in cement of the carnal mind so to speak. 

What I read in scripture that He requires at any given moment, is that we walk according to what we have attained and continue to grow from there.  We are to go on to perfection, but that is not something we already instantly attained, otherwise there is no need to go on to something we already have attained  the moment we came to faith in Jesus.  This is why there are the admonitions and instructions of scripture which were written to His own because we need it to run the race, not because we don't need it.   What the Lord wants from us to just to stay in the battle, stay in the race and keep running it.  Keep following Him, keep learning, keep fighting, keep growing, keep trusting Him to lead us home.  How He grows us is by stretching us.......leading us into battling the things we haven't overcome yet, not the things that we already have overcome.  He leads us into situations that require more faith than we currently have....or leads us into circumstances that cause us to have to face an area in our heart that isn't healed yet.....etc.....so that we will seek Him for what we lack and thus we increase and gain more.  If we don't keep facing more battles and challenges we won't keep growing.  It is these battles and challenges that make us to know our weakness, and so that is when His strength can be made perfect in our weakness, when we know it.  Not when we stay in the safety of the status quo and don't know our weakness.....so we are to keep on keeping on, keep following the cloud and fire, not remain camping out forever in our last victory which is when it gets set in cement and loses its life, it's spiritual quality.....because there are always more victories to come as we go from glory to glory, victory to victory, taking more ground for the kingdom of God.

Here we all are....here is the mind/attitude we all are to have:

Phl 3:12-16

Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

Let us therefore, as many as are perfect (mature), have this attitude; and if in anything you have a different attitude, God will reveal that also to you;

however, let us keep living by that same standard to which we have attained.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89

On 5/17/2018 at 2:25 PM, Gideon said:

D

. We have been told to DO anything is legalism.

Not true......That has been made clear many, many times. Maybe if I try to make it clear one more time it will stick in your memory.....please try to concentrate and find another canard to smear us with .“ do”  whatever you want.....” obey” all you want...” repent “ all you want.....all great things. I try to do these things myself and strongly recommend that others do the same.All of these things please God.Unfortunately, doing all of these things do not save you or keep you saved.That is where you are apparently blind. Do every good thing you can in this life ,you will be blessed for it.You are a legalists or as some prefer, a Judaizer when you think these things that you “do” got you saved or keep you saved.Faith plus nothing for salvation.Cain tried to impress God with what he could “ do”. It didn’t work then, it doesn’t work now.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36

11 minutes ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

. We have been told to DO anything is legalism.

Not true......That has been made clear many, many times. Maybe if I try to make it clear one more time it will stick in your memory.....please try to concentrate and find another canard to smear us with .“ do”  whatever you want.....” obey” all you want...” repent “ all you want.....all great things. I try to do these things myself and strongly recommend that others do the same.All of these things please God.Unfortunately, doing all of these things do not save you or keep you saved.That is where you are apparently blind. Do every good thing you can in this life ,you will be blessed for it.You are a legalists or as some prefer, a Judaizer when you think these things that you “do” got you saved or keep you saved.Faith plus nothing for salvation.Cain tried to impress God with what he could “ do”. It didn’t work then, it doesn’t work now.

We are to be doers of the word and not hearers only.....and if we are sincere in our faith we will have a desire to be pleasing to the Lord, and any area that He brings to light where we come to realize we are falling short, we will sincerely seek Him for His strength and Help to be able to do His will.  But it's in how the word is brought that makes it either legalism or ministering life to a person (and sometimes the truth hurts, so we can't just go by our feelings alone on that).  The fault is never in God's truth/word itself, but there can flaws in how we bring it.....because God's word comes through our human vessels and whatever is in our vessels that still needs to be overcome can interact with the word that we bring.

What is amazing is that for all our human faults and weaknesses, the Lord has promised that the gates of hell will not prevail against His church, and He is able to still work all these things together for the good of those who love Him.  And if we love Him we will be sincerely desiring and seeking to please Him.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1