• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/28/1990

So tonight not that long ago I decided to look up my name in Hebrew which in English my name is Alison, I was wondering what my name would be and what it would mean in Hebrew, mainly because I was feeling bored and I was curious to know. So I decided to do some research on Google and my name in Hebrew is Yisraela dervived from the name Israela which apparently means to "Wrestle With God" . I also discovered that my Hebrew name is the female version of the name that God gave to Jacob which is Yisrael or Israel which means to "Strive With God" . In The Bible it says that Jacob wrestled with God which he did not realise in the beginning because Jacob demanded a blessing, in the end the Lord dislocated Jacobs hip and then Jacob says "I will not let you go until you give me a blessing." which his response pleased the Lord. Which is when God gave Jacob the name Yisrael (Israel). The term Wrestle With God doesn't literally mean to fight with him but to seek him in prayer and ask for blessings. What I have learned from this is that not only what my name is in Hebrew & what it means but as a Child of God to Wrestle With God is not actually to fight with him but to seek him with our hearts through prayer, don't be afraid to Wrestle With God because that's what he wants from you, he wants you to wrestle with him because he loves you and wants to give you what your heart desires. God wants us to fight for our blessings because in his eyes we are worth it. May God have mercy on all of you,  give you peace and fill your hearts with love & joy. God bless ?☺️??

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/28/1990

12 minutes ago, Yowm said:

I don't know....yet,

Revelation 2:17 NASB
[17] He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To him who overcomes, to him I will give some of the hidden manna, and I will give him a white stone, and a new name written on the stone which no one knows but he who receives it.'

(our new name will be in Hebrew, correct? lol)

Well if that's what The Bible says then I guess that Yisraela isn't my Hebrew name, but I was starting to think I was wrong anyway because someone on a different Christian forum told me that my Hebrew name was probably Sarah considering it's biblical and has the same meaning as my English name Alison, even though Israel is biblical but Israela is not. So whoever said that my name in Hebrew was Sarah, they may be right but if The Bible says no one knows what our new name will be in the next life then may be it's not Sarah but who knows lol ??‍♀️

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.88
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.22
  • Days Won:  58

My given name means "you had to be born in a blizzard and forced your father to drive 4 hrs behind a snow plow to get to the hospital". I dont think there is a hebrew equivalent in the bible. 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

My given name means "you had to be born in a blizzard and forced your father to drive 4 hrs behind a snow plow to get to the hospital". I dont think there is a hebrew equivalent in the bible. 

Well the indian name for that would be she who springs forth in ice ,driven by father .    or words to that effect .

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

2 hours ago, ayin jade said:

she who springs forth in ice driven by father from the OOPSLOOKOUT tribe.