• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

Why I am here

I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events and found them wanting. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

Is this a waste of my time and yours?

• Thumbs Up 1

no one knows why they are here?

• Thumbs Up 1

it seems no one knows why they are here, except me; sad indeed

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, jamesdyson said:

Why I am here

I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. I took these directives and compared them to historical events and found them wanting. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

There are a number of aspects and things going on but first off they are mostly a secular country and not a religious Jewish country. One can't expect them to follow something they have had a poor track record of following anyway, even when they were religious.

There are reasons for the Jew being back in the land, one of which is God said he would do it in Ezekiel 36:22. He has acted not for their sakes but for His holy name. Another reason they are back would be for the second coming of Messiah.

Just as Josephs brothers did not recognize Joseph the first time they saw him but the second time Joseph revealed himself to them and they wept, so too will the Messiah reveal himself, after the time of Jacobs trouble about to come,(Revelation) and they will look on Him who they have pierced and they will weep. Zechariah 12: 10  Actually read 12 -14 and it gives a good indication of why they are there.

The Jews and the Arabs will reconcile but not until the Prince of Peace returns. As Jacob and Esau embraced so also will the two lines of offspring from the loins of Abraham at some point embrace.

Being attached to the Old Testament should help you answer your questions. Problem is we allow the world and other theologies to fog up our understanding. We are all guilty of it but the sweetness of reading the word with the help and guidance of the Holy Spirit is wonderful and always remember the truth is sweet in the mouth but bitter in the belly. 

The State of Israel would have no problem "embracing" those outside of their borders but many of those outside of their borders have vowed to kill the Jew and eradicate the nation Israel. It's like feeling one could show compassion and hug a lion and all would be good, but reality just doesn't work that way. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This has nothing to do with Israel’s neighbors. The is about the Lord & the Israeli’s and none other.

God set out things they must do to get His grace and God stated what would happen if they failed to follow His commandments. History has shown us that they ignored His teaching over and over and continue to do so. It has been spoken, Israel will be removed and no more remembered; end of story.

But all is not lost, there are over 15 million Jews who do not live in Israel and nor do they care to. They will be saved; but “Israel” will not. It is written and so it will be done.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

Sad really, you seem inquisitive. I believe the quote of Pharaoh was, "So it is written, so it is done." "Ten Commandments."

• Thumbs Up 1

Guest shiloh357
17 hours ago, jamesdyson said:

Why I am here

People like you don't understand the dynamics of the conflict or the history of it.   The Palestinian people are the ones resisting peace due to their stated goal of destroying and dismantling Israel.    

Israel has done more for the Palestinian people than any nation on earth.   When Israel took administrative control of the West Bank and Gaza in 1967 after Jordan and Egypt attempted to destroy Israel, the Palestinians were sick, diseased and the average life expectancy was 40 years of age.   They were not allowed to seek or receive outside medical care while under Arab control.  

Israel built hospitals and schools, gave the Palestinians free universal healthcare and Israel improved their sanitation.  Israel built modern sewer systems and water treatment plants for the Palestinian in Gaza and the West Bank.   In Gaza, Israel built a special school for blind Palestinian children.   Yasir Arafat closed the school down and turned it into a armory.

Palestinians are allowed to become full citizens of Israel, Muslim holy sites are protected by the Israeli government.   Palestinians can own businesses and enjoy freedom of speech, freed of religion and freedom of the press.  The Palestinians enjoy more freedom than they would in any Arab nation.

Israel gave Gaza to the Palestinians and not one Jew lives there anymore.   The Palestinians, not one year later democratically elected Hamas, a terror organization, to be their representative government.   They elected the most ruthless terrorist group in Israel at the time, which ran on a platform that looked like it could have been taken out of Mein Kampf. 

The Palestinians are committed to the destruction of Israel.   Israel has honored every peace treaty and ceasefire drawn up and the Palestinians have only used peace as an armed truce to build up their weapons in order to attack Israel.   The Palestinians received billions of dollars in foreign aid from around the world and all of that money went to fund terrorism against Israel.   Hamas deliberately denies medical care to their own people when they get into conflicts with Israel.  The goal is for their people to die of their injuries in order to ramp up the fatality rate.

Hamas uses Palestinian as cannon fodder and they intentionally put unarmed civilians in harm's way in order to score propaganda points.   The Palestinians are not victims of Israel.  They are victims of Hamas that cares nothing for their people except to use them as a pawns to score points and injure Israel's reputation.   And by the looks of it, they have managed to exploit gullible people who are all too willing to accept the Arab narrative and blame Israel.

There seems to be an international obsession against Israel concerning both her right to her live in her biblical homeland, as well as her right to exist at all.  No other nation is as much reviled, nor the target of so much irrational hatred from every corner of the globe.  Despite the fact that Israel has never started a war (all six of the wars Israel has fought were in self-defense), despite the fact that Israel is not employing the use of suicide bombers nor sending her soldiers to attack and murder innocent Palestinians, despite the fact that Israel has taken incredible risks and made unthinkable concessions in a sincere desire for peace, only to have those efforts repaid with more terrorism and more Jewish blood spilt on her own streets, the world insists upon the laying the blame for the Middle East conflict squarely on Israel’s doorstep.

While we must admit that we do not always agree with the decisions of the leadership in Israel and that Israel has made mistakes to the detriment of their own cause, it must be pointed out that Israel’s mistakes were made in a sincere attempt at self-defense and not out of any motivation to brutalize, terrorize or discriminate against the Palestinians. 

Furthermore it should be noted that those mistakes would have never been made in the first place were Israel not being subjected to continuous day and night onslaught of terrorism, threats of annihilation from maniacal enemies that outnumber her 100 to 1, and crushing pressure from the world community to make insane concessions that threaten her well being not to mention, create security nightmares all over Israel.  This in the vain pursuit of peace with an enemy that has never promised or even offered peace, but is sworn to Israel’s destruction. 

It is unfair for Israel’s critics to lay the blame for the violence of the Middle East at her doorstep, while ignoring all that Israel has done, in pursuit of peace with the Palestinians. 

Guest shiloh357
17 hours ago, jamesdyson said:

Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.

The commandment to be kind  to strangers only applied to those strangers who wanted peace, who came to them in peace.  It was not a commandment to kind to those whose stated goal is to exterminate them from the earth, such what we see with the Palestinians.   You need to read your Bible a little better.

19 hours ago, Zemke said:

Sad really, you seem inquisitive. I believe the quote of Pharaoh was, "So it is written, so it is done." "Ten Commandments."

What is sad about being inquisitive?

just asking

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Cobalt1959 said:

So your actual goal is to preach Replacement Theology.

I am not sure where you are coming from? 

I want to discuss/debate verses in the Old Testament & comparing them to today's events. If this topic is over your head, just don't participate

it's that simple

• Thumbs Up 1