poke your eye out... by yourself

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  34
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

People will from time to time give me the poke your eye out if it causes you to sin speech. I don't have any family. Its not like they are going to be spend a lot of time with me to fix my loneliness and help me recover from a poked out eye.

I do not believe that you should physically poke out your eye. Life is pretty tough for me and honestly most of the time I am left alone to fend for myself. Cut off your hand and bleed and die alone because you are too much work for any of us to 

help in any real way. Its not like they are going to let me move in with them or spend 10 hours a week with me to help me get through it. Its sin to not cut off your hand;however, it is not sin to see your brother suffering and ignore it because its

not really your responsibility. You responsibility is to your family and friends and the people who are easy to be around. Cut off your hand and poke out your eye and bleed alone no one will miss you. OUCH.......

A little dark... I have found this to be pretty accurate. The church I am not sure for the most part is much different than the world. If you are talented in music, good looking and you have a good job you will be fine in church.

if you don't oh boy its not gonna be a good time. I love my church its the best one I have ever found, but I still am relegated to Sundays an occasional talk on the phone for an hour when someone is driving(one or two don't just talk

to me when I they are driving.). It can go weeks before I get to talk to someone on the phone during the week. There is a lot of pain in my life; however, I know Almighty loves me. I know that He is going to be so fun to be around in

Heaven. It is not true that it doesn't matter who you are in church. It matters greatly. I love my church, but it seems to me that even though they do a couple of good things they truly want their best life now and don't even know it.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,491
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/02/1971

3 hours ago, TechEnthusiast said:

People will from time to time give me the poke your eye out if it causes you to sin speech. I don't have any family. Its not like they are going to be spend a lot of time with me to fix my loneliness and help me recover from a poked out eye.

I do not believe that you should physically poke out your eye. Life is pretty tough for me and honestly most of the time I am left alone to fend for myself. Cut off your hand and bleed and die alone because you are too much work for any of us to 

help in any real way. Its not like they are going to let me move in with them or spend 10 hours a week with me to help me get through it. Its sin to not cut off your hand;however, it is not sin to see your brother suffering and ignore it because its

not really your responsibility. You responsibility is to your family and friends and the people who are easy to be around. Cut off your hand and poke out your eye and bleed alone no one will miss you. OUCH.......

Hello tech!  Do you think something less literal is intended in those examples?

Guest Butero

All Jesus was saying was that hell is such a terrible place, if your hand or eye causes you to do something that would cause you to wind up there, it would be better to cut off your hand and pluck out your eye.  He isn't telling you to do either.  Make sure your heart is right with God and keep your eyes and your hands.  

A lot of people feel like they don't matter and nobody cares.  That is not the case.  Everyone has a purpose, and you have unique gifts and talents.  You do matter.  

I don't think its literal. The point is that people give advice and usually aren't willing to help in any real way. They give you tough advice and expect you to do it on your own.

Guest Butero
16 minutes ago, TechEnthusiast said:

I don't think its literal. The point is that people give advice and usually aren't willing to help in any real way. They give you tough advice and expect you to do it on your own.

Are you desiring help from us here?  If so, what can we do for you?  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Butero said:

All Jesus was saying was that hell is such a terrible place, if your hand or eye causes you to do something that would cause you to wind up there, it would be better to cut off your hand and pluck out your eye.  He isn't telling you to do either.  Make sure your heart is right with God and keep your eyes and your hands.  

A lot of people feel like they don't matter and nobody cares.  That is not the case.  Everyone has a purpose, and you have unique gifts and talents.  You do matter.  

Your right butero,   if we read all the gosples it even says IT WOULD BE BETTER TO or IF ,   Jesus was all about GO and sin no more .  AND HE GIVES US power over the flesh ,  IF WE HEED THE SPIRIT we would not fulfill the lusts of the flesh .