IGNORED

Is it true that we are we saved through faith in Jesus alone?

Alison_P

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/28/1990

As Christians are we really saved through faith in Jesus Christ alone? If that's really true, then why do we have to repent for our sins? And doesn't the scripture in the Book of Revelation about unbelievers,abominable,liars,murderers,idolterers and those who commit sexual sins not inheriting the Kingdom of God contradict with the we are saved through faith in Christ alone theory? 

Edited by Alison_P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,065
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 hours ago, Alison_P said:

As Christians are we really saved through faith in Jesus Christ alone? If that's really true, then why do we have to repent for our sins? And doesn't the scripture in the Book of Revelation about unbelievers,abominable,liars,murderers,idolterers and those who commit sexual sins not inheriting the Kingdom of God contradict with the we are saved through Christ alone theory? 

As Christians are we really saved through faith in Jesus Christ alone? If that's really true, then why do we have to repent for our sins?

Repentance is a gift from God enabling a person to exchange lie for truth... we were born in a system given over (to one of or greatest) created beings, by God, named lucifer. He did not want to remain in his created position but because of The Who of God = all powerful, all knowing, all etc etc etc he, lucifer,  had no choice to be where he was placed because 'IS' simply 'IS'... so in order to pursue that which cannot be he had to form a lie, a non-reality of 'IS', and say he was going to be god anyway... there existed at that time no created place for lie because God is only truth and all that God sets forth is truth... So now in heaven we have this beautiful, powerful being which given a place, by God, to increase the perception of God Himself to other created angels... satan used this position and abilities to convince other angels that he indeed could be god and 1/3 of the angels followed after his word which was lie... so in the begin of a rebellion against God, in a place were rebellion (lie) had no place satan and 1/3 of angels became to be outside of the design of God, which in reality of 'IS' could not be... This reality is the rage of satan, (onced called lucifer but now satan the fallen from, God- Who 'IS' truth and only truth so help me God), and being God all powerful there 'IS' nothing satan could satisfy his rage upon

1 Peter 5:8
8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
KJV
one only need watch the animal channel in a kill by lions to satisfy their hunger to understand the viciousness of the devil, sata's rage... so he went to the only thing he could come against that being man >created in God's Own Image< in a beautiful world given to man by God's Own Hand of creation and with subtly of words against God Himself the record
God Said:
Gen 2:16-17
16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
KJV
satan said to Eve:
Gen 3:1-5
3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
KJV
satan inserted into her mind and being a thing that could not be as though it were and she considered that which was not so as thought it could be 
Gen 3:6
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
KJV
and at that moment they followed after lie, and God 'Who 'IS' only truth, departed from their being, and their image of their Creator was lost in death and separation from as fallen man...
Now 6 thousand and some years later you ask "why do we have to repent?"  It is not a difficult thing to understand that lie and truth cannot, nor ever, will occupy same source
James 3:12-14
12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.
13 Who is a wise man and endued with knowledge among you? let him shew out of a good conversation his works with meekness of wisdom.
14 But if ye have bitter envying and strife in your hearts, glory not, and lie not against the truth.
KJV
 So finally, I hope you did read, the understanding -> we all were born dead to God and alive to lies in a world system were a very subtle and vicious being has been at work to destroy God's image... fully seen an understood at the Cross!
'The repentance':
We, the lie, took God's Own Son Who lived a life of only truth here within the lies  and beat Him so badly that it couldn't be distinguished that He was a man, spit upon Him, laughed at Him, made Him almost naked before His mother, on a crucifixion, a means to cause extreme suffering until death, called the cross, and in all this Jesus cried out to God
Luke 23:34
34 Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.
KJV
It is here that God 'Who 'IS' Love' proved His true nature of Being and asked The Father to forgive us, what we were doing to Him, to be forgiven... and The Father, Son and Holy Spirit Who could never have any part with lie called (sin) upon His Own Son's Being and the greatest price of all eternity was paid The Father because He placed the lies (sins) of Adam and all his children upon His Son and turned / broke the eternal connections this is recorded
Matt 27:45-50
45 Now from the sixth hour until the ninth hour there was darkness over all the land. 46 And about the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani?" that is, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?"
47 Some of those who stood there, when they heard that, said, "This Man is calling for Elijah!" 48 Immediately one of them ran and took a sponge, filled it with sour wine and put it on a reed, and offered it to Him to drink.
49 The rest said, "Let Him alone; let us see if Elijah will come to save Him."
50 And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice, and yielded up His spirit
NKJV
Everyone who has truly come the way of the cross can only repent of what we are and what we have done in the lies... We cried out from the lie to Jesus and asked would he save me, would He,'JESUS' come into my heart of lies and make a new place, a place where only truth can be... written as such
Rev 3:20
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
KJV
The Word of God 'IS' truth and repentance is the opening of our heart's door to it... 
It is the most beautiful of all moments where we upon His entrance into us Spiritually are born again into truth that never again can be made lie...
Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Alison_P said:

As Christians are we really saved through faith in Jesus Christ alone? If that's really true, then why do we have to repent for our sins? And doesn't the scripture in the Book of Revelation about unbelievers,abominable,liars,murderers,idolterers and those who commit sexual sins not inheriting the Kingdom of God contradict with the we are saved through faith in Christ alone theory? 

Yes it is true that we are saved if we believe jesus and trust in the Atonement He secured to pay the penalty of our sins on the cross..  But as i just stated we Must believe Jesus and trust that His Atonement pays the price for our salvation..

You yourself include the very important word in the verse you quoted.. and i quote  ""in the Book of Revelation about unbelievers""  Now i have clearly slightly modified the important word.. Unbelievers do not believe Jesus ( His teachings ) and they do not believe that His execution on the cross pays the penalty for their transgressions against God.. So any of the sins that you included in your scriptural reference is enough to cause a person to be cast into the eternal lake of fire..  But for a Believer who is forgiven non of those sins will cause them to be cast into the eternal lake of fire because they will be forgiven..

Edited by Adstar

Guest Butero
8 hours ago, Alison_P said:

You are saved by faith, and all past sins are under the blood, along with all future sins done unintentionally, but willful sins done after you are saved are not automatically covered.  You must confess them to be in right standing with God again.  Yes, you are saved by faith, and you never need worry about losing salvation, so long as you avoid willful sins and you confess any known sins when you are made aware of them.

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  6,570
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 hour ago, Adstar said:

Yes it is true that we are saved if we believe jesus and trust in the Atonement He secured to pay the penalty of our sins on the cross..  But as i just stated we Must believe Jesus and trust that His Atonement pays the price for our salvation..

You yourself include the very important word in the verse you quoted.. and i quote  ""in the Book of Revelation about unbelievers""  Now i have clearly slightly modified the important word.. Unbelievers do not believe Jesus ( His teachings ) and they do not believe that His execution on the cross pays the penalty for their transgressions against God.. So any of the sins that you included in your scriptural reference is enough to cause a person to be cast into the eternal lake of fire..  But for a Believer who is forgiven non of those sins will cause them to be cast into the eternal lake of fire because they will be forgiven..

Shalom, Adstar.

"To repent" is simply "to turn around 180o." It's to "CHANGE ONE'S MIND" about his or her actions, "to REGRET" his or her choices. Strong's entry in the Greek Dictionary is:

3340 μετανοέω metanoeoo (met-an-o-eh'-o). From meta and noieoo; to think differently or afterwards, i.e. Reconsider (morally, feel compunction) -- repent.

This we can do because no work is involved. It starts the ball rolling. It doesn't do anything in itself, but it's the first step in coming to God just as one is. This word "unbelievers" is simply a group of people who "do not have FAITH in God," who "do not TRUST God," who "do not RELY upon God" for His intervention in their sins and their sins' consequences.

Just the same, repentance is nothing we DO for God's justification (which is NOT "salvation," by the way)!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  904
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,642
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  9

13 hours ago, Alison_P said:

The references in the Book of Revelation about unbelievers,abominable,liars,murderers, idolaters and those who commit sexual sins (and in other parts of the New Testament) refer to these sins committed by unbelievers. So to say sins as little or rudimentary as lying, cheating, stealing etc.

The Law of Moses was given to establish the absolute hopelessness of sinful humanity. Grace is not only the only way of hope and salvation but it is extraordinary ← this word is over used and often misunderstood. Not ordinary. Above and beyond. Supernatural. Metaphysical.

The Law in conclusion (after all avenues are exhausted) teaches that man has no hope at all for salvation / deliverance from eternal damnation. Unless a human born without sin fulfills the Law of Moses their whole life and lays that life down in sacrifice for sin... and is in fact divine in Spirit (for the sacrifice to apply to others). 

This sacrifice had to be made for all if it could apply to even one.

What distinguishes this from universal salvation is the fact that this prepaid forgiveness has to be activated in each individual account (which God determined is faith). Belief.

It is in fact the least and minimalist thing we can do. And to even have faith is a gift from the Holy Spirit we chose to accept or reject. So it's really nothing we do at all. Lest any man should boast...

God could not have made it any easier, or plainer. And how foolish of us to not believe, or to think we have to DO anything to earn or maintain this unspeakable gift of eternal life.

My advice to the OP and to all believers is stop underestimating God and stop overestimating humanity.

We begin to understand when we realize this apparent confusion / contradiction (what the OP stated) and others is grounded in our own perceptions and misconceptions.

For example:

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name.  Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.

Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.

Mark 11:25-26 even states the forgiveness of our transgressions depends on us forgiving others transgressions.

This is not New Testament New Covenant Grace. This is Law.

But it's in the New Testament Gospels, you might reply.

Hebrews 9:16-17 state that a covenant / testament is not in place until the death of the testator. Jesus said in the last supper "this cup is the New Covenant in my blood."

What is touted as the Lord's prayer is actually the disciple's prayer. His disciples ask him to teach them to pray as John taught his disciples to pray.

The "Lord's Prayer" is a series of prayers... John 17, his prayers on the cross, in Gethsemane, his prayer for Peter, and the unspecified prayers when he would go off to a remote place to pray.

But my point about the disciple's prayer (traditionally the Lord's prayer) is under the Old Testament Old Covenant.

And "repenting of sins" is referring to the greatest sin which God will not forgive unbelief. Your very belief is the 180 degree turn around from unbelief. (Repent means to turn away from or to turn around). 

Yes (as already saved individuals) we are to set the unattainable goals of the righteous standards of the Law as our goals (I know it sounds like a contradiction) so we will spare ourselves and others all sorts of evil. But knowing we will not achieve these goals the effort alone is commendable. But it not a requirement to obsess over. This way we are freed up to spread the Gospel to every creature in every generation as we ought.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

The Bible says that God will extend His mercy to anyone that asks........” Lord Jesus , have mercy on me , a sinner.” That prayer will get you saved.The important thing is that we “turn” (repent) to Him.He is there waiting to save.That simple prayer has repentance built in and faith built in.You are turning from your own self righteousness ( hey....I ain’t perfect  but at least I am better than that guy in the penitentiary! I am good enough to make it.....others will say hey look at all the good works I have done ,and I repented from all my sins.....even that last second sin that would have damned me otherwise) to the only who can justify you.You have  repented or turned from whatever it was that was going to get you saved. “ repentance towards God with faith in Jesus” is the repentance that counts for salvation.When God puts His Spirit in you ,you will find yourself repenting quite often to maintain a healthy fellowship.As a Christian if you sin and don’t repent God will chastise you until you do.That type of repentance did not save you and it dies not keep you saved.Only faith in the Shed Blood Of Jesus does that.God will reveal that Truth to you if you sincerely asked for mercy.He will open your eyes to Paul’s Gospel thAt Jesus told Paul to preach.1cor15:1-4.——- That Christ died for your sins and rose from the dead after 3 day’s in the earth.Jesus through Paul promised that a simple belief in that Good News is sufficient to save.Adding to that Gospel , Paul claims  , is a perversion of that Gospel and you will “ fall from grace”and Christ will be of NO benefit to you.Do t let anyone fool you......No matter how “ righteous” it sounds, be it obedience to the Law, doing good deeds ,repenting of all sins or whatever the Modern day Judaizers( those that say you keep the law to be saved or keep the law to stay saved) these things are all great—-God will be pleased and bless you for these good things.As your  Christian walk continues you will FIND yourself doing more and more of these things that please God.Its only natural as He is transforming you into the likeness of His Son.One can look good on the outside but only God can TRANSFORM the inside.Trust Him to finish the work that he started and then and only then will you live out the joy and peace He wants for His Children.God bless you

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  415
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 5/20/2018 at 7:10 AM, Alison_P said:

Salvation is a free gift by faith apart from works.

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith— and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast" Eph 2:8,9

"to the man who does not work but trusts God who justifies the wicked, his faith is credited as righteousness. David says the same thing when he speaks of the blessedness of the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works" rom 4:5,6

Verses that correlate behavior with salvation status are not talking about works as a condition of salvation, but rather works as a diagnostic tool to distinguish children of God from children of the devil. Works are an effect, not a cause of salvation. In fact those born of God have lost the ability to sin in a lifestyle sense.

"No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother." 1John 3:9,10

Those who leave the faith or otherwise live in sin were never saved to begin with. Thus John's diagnosis in 1John 2:19

They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. (Never saved to begin with)

For if they had belonged to us, (ONCE SAVED)

they would have remained with us; (ALWAYS SAVED)

but their going showed that none of them belonged to us. (WORKS DON'T CAUSE BUT REVEAL SALVATION STATUS)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

Titus 3:5-7 "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life."

"a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus" (Gal.2:16)

Romans 10:9 "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."