• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  940
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,413
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Do you like cats?

I have one, came with my bride from Texas.

I didn't want a cat.

But it came with my bride from Texas.

I said no I cannot live with a cat, my allergies you know

But it came anyway, with my bride from Texas

It's hard to love a cat, but if it comes with my bride-

My bride from Texas, how could I refuse my bride?

I couldn't, and now this cat, it loves me too.

This cat from Texas sits on me and puts it's head under my hand

And needs me to pet it for hours on end.

But this morning this cat,  it ralphed up yesterday's kibble.

this cat who used to eat ranch field rats the size of Texas

Poor little thing  has become a city cat and my little pet from Texas.

Came with a sweet Texas Peach from there. Had I only known they ralph ( The cat that is)

I'd never have said, well okay bring the cat too, your cat from Texas.

And actually I never did, it was just there with my bride in a little cat crate.

All the way from Texas.  And I do love her so, my sweet Texas Peach.

but to tell ya the truth I'm going to wait and let her clean it up,

when she awakes, after all it's her cat.

[Please don't think ill of me, I'm just having  some fun] But tell me, do you like cats? I have come to like this one, nearly as much as I love my bride from Texas. Thank you Lord for both!

• Haha 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

I have had cats all my life..  The only time i did not have a cat was when i was renting a place close to work for a few years and they did not allow pets..

I love cats. My current cat is now 17 years old and she is sweet little lady.. Bronny is her name and eating is her game.. And as long as she keeps eating all is well.. When they stop eating thats when their time is up..

Counting off the top of my head i think i have had 12 / 15 cats in my life..

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 2

Guest Butero

I grew up with dogs.  Now, I have cats.  I like dogs and cats.  Cats are very lovable.  They are messy, but they are easier to care for than dogs.  Also, I have a slight allergy to dogs, and no allergy to cats.  For most, it is the other way around.  Speaking of cats, they are waiting to be fed right now.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Butero said:

I grew up with dogs.  Now, I have cats.  I like dogs and cats.  Cats are very lovable.  They are messy, but they are easier to care for than dogs.  Also, I have a slight allergy to dogs, and no allergy to cats.  For most, it is the other way around.  Speaking of cats, they are waiting to be fed right now.  

I got both .   the blue heelers live outside and sadly kill cats .   But thems some rat killing lil machines .    they work better than anything I ever tried In times past .

They got four of them things in no time and their presence must have scared the lil templtons away .    We should encourage neighbor to be kind and just clean it up

and then say ,   hey peach your cat puked but I got it for you . 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

I am a dog person who found out what cats are really like when I started to feed some stray cats on my street.  The cats waited for me every night,  and even when I didn't have food with me, a few of them would follow me around like a dog would.

I brought my first street kitten in 1989, and have had cats ever since.   All were rescues from my street, and one I adopted when his owner died.

Cats are easier to care for as I live in an apartment and don't need to walk them like a dog.   When I had my little Shiz Tsu, I was always running him outside.   So I really recommend cats for older people that want company.

I currently have Miss Kitty, a black and white long hair, who was dumped on my street.  She is so beautiful.... don't know why someone didn't want her.  She is now 9 years old.  She has a quiet and sweet nature.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,796
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

It really depends on how long they are cooked exclaim on head 245.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

Guest Butero
30 minutes ago, Debp said:

I am a dog person who found out what cats are really like when I started to feed some stray cats on my street.  The cats waited for me every night,  and even when I didn't have food with me, a few of them would follow me around like a dog would.

I brought my first street kitten in 1989, and have had cats ever since.   All were rescues from my street, and one I adopted when his owner died.

Cats are easier to care for as I live in an apartment and don't need to walk them like a dog.   When I had my little Shiz Tsu, I was always running him outside.   So I really recommend cats for older people that want company.

I currently have Miss Kitty, a black and white long hair, who was dumped on my street.  She is so beautiful.... don't know why someone didn't want her.  She is now 9 years old.  She has a quiet and sweet nature.

When I come home, they come to greet me.  I have one that likes to ride with me to town.  They follow me to get the mail.  Cats are not like many think.

2 minutes ago, Yowm said:

Aren't they sort of, well...independent?

As a dog person that's what I thought before 1989!  Actually they are quite loving and get attached to you if you are kind to them.

One of my cats, now passed on, used to follow me everywhere around the apartment.  Even when she was dying, she would take two steps trying to follow me.  Of course, I had to put her to sleep... didn't want her to suffer on.

My current cat, Miss Kitty, lays behind me every night on top of the sofa as I sit here using my tablet.   When I go to bed, she lays beside me for awhile.  Then in the morning, she is beside me again for awhile.

One of my cats loved my mother...she would crawl under the covers with my mom every night!

I had a dear old cat named Snowflake.  She was one of the street cats I fed.  She would perch in the tree by the front door and come down as soon as she saw me....I didn't have food in the afternoon...she would sit in my lap.  I finally took her inside to live with me.  She was very attached to me and would plop herself down with me on the rocker.

Even an old Tom cat I fed once followed me all the way down the street as I went to the store.   He waited for me and then walked back home with me!

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, Butero said:

When I come home, they come to greet me.  I have one that likes to ride with me to town.  They follow me to get the mail.  Cats are not like many think.

So very true!  I still love dogs but cats are so much easier for people living in apartments or for people who don't want to have to walk a dog all the time.

Give a cat a try if you are thinking of a pet... I'm sure you won't be disappointed and you can save a life at the shelter or even from your street.

My mom's elderly cousin had a cat that would walk him to the store and back.

• Thumbs Up 1