Neighbor

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1

There is a Brewery and Farm Works residing on an old dairy farm next door. Their cat population came from mostly strays. I see foot prints in the snow and find one now and then posting a hunt around my place. Love them for their hunting skills being used in the community but love it more that they aren't mine. 

Raised in a home with no cats and the dogs were Britney Spaniels, bird dogs, great hunters but they lived for the hunt and had a home all their own called a dog house. I have an outside dog now and he loves the creek and woods but unless it's 25 degrees or below he will not let anyone sleep. His whole goal is to get someone out the door with him. He was born across the road outside to parents who lived outside. The natural habitat for many breeds. 

But this is about cats so no, I don't love cats in my house, but ya, the work they do around my house with rodents I love.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

I used to get humor out of watching this old man walk his kitty on a leash .  a leash.     and the thing would hop up on his shoulder too .

It was a small black and white cat .    When I was a boy we had these two Siamese manx .    They looked like a manx but were Siamese in color .

these things silver and snow would follow us all the way down to the caves where we let then wander around in the wilderness.

One day , on a Wednesday we had walked them to the caves  , and on the way back I got ahead of my brother with my cat and noticed a while later he was standing

way back at the first street .   Snow had went on and got ran over .     Poor things back was broke .  it was the day before thanksgiving my eighth grade year .

But they will follow you around like a dog .   some will.   some not so much .  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

You can eat allergic medicine.   My sister eat allergic medicine when she have cat.  She is doing fine.     I like cat better than dogs because dogs are more responsible to take care of than cats because I have to take dogs outside for potty everyday.   If I not home all day then dogs would potty on floor in house which frustrate me.   

Edited by Adorable80

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Definite crazy cat lady here! Like cats? Oh yes!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

14 hours ago, Adorable80 said:

You can eat allergic medicine.   My sister eat allergic medicine when she have cat.  She is doing fine.     I like cat better than dogs because dogs are more responsible to take care of than cats because I have to take dogs outside for potty everyday.   If I not home all day then dogs would potty on floor in house which frustrate me.   

Another thing to do about allergies....you can wipe your cat down with a slightly wet cloth.  This gets rid of the dander which can sometimes cause allergies.

My neighbor says her cat loves baths so she bathes Keenan regularly to control the dander as she and her roommate say they are allergic.   No problem for them re allergies so the baths are helping.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,525
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Miss Kitty? Oh I had nearly forgotten I did once board a cat, called it Miss Kitty from the tv show Gunsmoke. It wandered the neighborhood going from house to house everyday and where garage doors were left raised some. It would go in and take the cat food and dog food leftovers. Saw it for years wandering, a farel cat I guess.

Then one winter day, such as winter is here in  the subtropics, we had a warning a deep freeze warning. And the farel cat was on my cold front entry patio slab. My wife wanted me to put out a blanket for it since it was going to drop to 21 degrees F. I did and the cat used it.

We were in for a most unusual cold snap so I set out a box, a blanket, and added a heating pad with an extension cord to the garage. Well next thing I was adding a permanent electrical outlet, a better box and blanket and setting the heating pad to low each night- went on for 16 years.

The cat evidently lived to be twenty  or so. It came each night. It would not act as a cat that wanted attention, but would come up  on the patio bench beside me. If touched it struck the hand that was feeding and boarding it, yet  it wanted to sit beside me.

Miss Kitty it turned out, according to my wife who  did eventually get to pet it, was actually Mr. Fetus.

Can't say it was a pet but when she,  or rather he, died I added her remains to our family pet graveyard with all our other pet remains from the near forty years I have lived here. Well except the fish from the fish tank. She or he lays with several dogs and a giant dwarf Netherlands Red rabbit named Ginger that I used to walk on a leash when it wasn't just roaming the back yard or sitting in the house. That rabbit was house broke, used to go to the door like a dog might and wait to be let out. Now Ginger rabbit that is another story, perhaps one of the world's most expensive  ten dollar pet store rabbits.

• Loved it! 1

Of God's littler creatures that become pets Ginger the dwarf Netherlands red rabbit was perhaps our strangest and most expensive overall. Bought Ginger as a little birthday present for my daughter as she wanted a rabbit.

I crafted a fine upright standing height cage, much like  a henhouse, that was pretty much self cleaning for it. I was proud of myself for that accomplishment and set it on the back patio. Next thing I knew it was in the laundry room.  Then the thing, the rabbit, was in my living room hopping around, and was being housebroken. Oddly it quickly wanted it's collar and leash and to go out to do it's thing. It actually had control.

It also  loved the backyard, but I needed a block wall with a good deep foundation. So okay,  we need a wall anyway. And all was fine, $1600 back then for the wall plus cost of new landscaping. She loved to sun herself, laying atop the lantana bushes. All stretched out she was about four foot long. Some dwarf. She would stand on her hinds in front of me wanting to be picked up and petted. She was like a mediun sized dog. She could place her front legs high on my chest. Some dwarf, it's bigger than Billy Barty.

And it lived and lived and lived, then one day God said, go move across country. And we did, but the rabbit it could not go without first having a certificate from the State that required six weeks of confinement at a vets,  then it could be flown  across country. Ah well okay, how much? Really? Geesh expensive rabbit! We could just let it go free, and spend ten dollars  on the other end of our journey for a new one. No? A rabbit is part of our family? Really? Hmm.

So I had to find a new home, across country one that could accommodate a rabbit, and have a fence installed for it so it could roam the yard safely. Wild rabbits by the tens and twenties roaming the neighborhood and I have to have one of my own and protect it too? So a ten dollar rabbit that would become a family member and roam the yard and be walked on a leash down the sidewalks cost the purchase price of two fences, a quarantine at a vets, an airplane ride and  oh yes that State seal of approval.

But everyone that ever saw that rabbit on a leash walking  or hopping or hippity-ing along, all four foot plus  of her in resplendent ginger red fur thought, wow what a fine set of glove liners she'd make. No not really, just me. I often thought it as the bills for having a rabbit added up. Can't say I'm big on having pets, but God has placed a lot of them in my care it seems to me, and they have  for the most part been a very pleasant part of life.

Ginger was followed by Bogey the beagle. Not Bogey as in Bogart, but Bogey as in one over par, or not quite up to par. And all the time, my allergies- guess they needed feeding too.

Seriously; it is kind of God to allow us the privilege and the duty that comes with it, of having animals with us as our pets.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Miss Kitty? Oh I had nearly forgotten I did once board a cat, called it Miss Kitty from the tv show Gunsmoke. It wandered the neighborhood going from house to house everyday and where garage doors were left raised some. It would go in and take the cat food and dog food leftovers. Saw it for years wandering, a farel cat I guess.

Then one winter day, such as winter is here in  the subtropics, we had a warning a deep freeze warning. And the farel cat was on my cold front entry patio slab. My wife wanted me to put out a blanket for it since it was going to drop to 21 degrees F. I did and the cat used it.

We were in for a most unusual cold snap so I set out a box, a blanket, and added a heating pad with an extension cord to the garage. Well next thing I was adding a permanent electrical outlet, a better box and blanket and setting the heating pad to low each night- went on for 16 years.

The cat evidently lived to be twenty  or so. It came each night. It would not act as a cat that wanted attention, but would come up  on the patio bench beside me. If touched it struck the hand that was feeding and boarding it, yet  it wanted to sit beside me.

Miss Kitty it turned out, according to my wife who  dideventually get to pet it, was actually Mr. Fetus.

Can't say it was a pet but when she,  or rather he, died I added her remains to our family pet graveyard with all our other pet remains from the near forty years I have lived here. Well except the fish from the fish tank. She or he lays with several dogs and a giant dwarf Netherlands Red rabbit named Ginger that I used to walk on a leash when it wasn't just roaming the back yard or sitting in the house. That rabbit was house broke, used to go to the door like a dog might and wait to be let out. Now Ginger rabbit that is another story, perhaps one of the world's most expensive  ten dollar pet store rabbits.

Oh, God bless your kind heart for caring about the cat!   You really went the extra mile for it!

I always feel sorry for the stray cats in cold climates.  Also, it's hard for them in Summer in places like Phoenix....can get well over 100.

Thank God for people with kind hearts that try to feed them and give them water.   These days alot of places offer free spaying and neutering.  It's a great help to those who want to feed the cats.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Neighbor said:

Of God's littler creatures that become pets Ginger the dwarf Netherlands red rabbit was perhaps our strangest and most expensive overall. Bought Ginger as a little birthday present for my daughter as she wanted a rabbit. I crafted a fine upright standing height cage much like  a henhouse that was pretty much self cleaning for it. was proud of myself for that accomplishment and set it on the back patio. Next thing I knew it was in the laundry room.  Then the thing was in my living room hopping around, and was being housebroken. Oddly it quickly wanted it's collar and leash a and to go out to do it's thing. It actually had control. It loved the backyard, but i needed a block wall with a good deep foundation. so okay  we need a wall anyway. And all was fine$1600 for the wall plus new landscaping. She loved to sun laying atop the lantana bushes. All stretched out about four foot long. Some dwarf. She would stand on her hinds in front of mee wanting to be picke dup and petted. She was like a mediun sized dog she could place her front legs high on mychest. Some dwarf it's bigger than Billy Barty.

And it lived and lived and lived, then one day God said go move across country. And we did, but the rabbit it could not go without first having a certificate from the State that required six weeks of confinement at a vets  then it could be flown  across country. Ah well okay, how much? Really? Geesh expensive rabbit! We could just let it go free, and spend ten dollars  on the other end of our journey for a new one. No? A rabbit is part of our family? Really? Hmm.

So I had to find a new home, one that could accommodate a rabbit, and have a fence installed for it so it could roam the yard safely. Wild rabbits by the tens and twenties roaming the neighborhood and I have to have one of my own and protect it too? So a ten dollar rabbit that would become a family member and roam the yard and be walked on a leash down the sidewalks cost the purchase price two fences a airplane ride and a vets quarantine and a State seal of approval.

But everyone that ever saw that rabbit on a leash walking  or hopping or hippity-ing along, all four foot of her in resplendent ginger red fur thought, wow what a set of glove liners she'd make. No not really, just me. I often thought it as the bills for having a rabbit added up. Can't say I'm big on having pets, but God has place a lot of them in my care it seems to me. and they have  for the most part been a pleasant part of life.

Ginger was followed by Bogey the beagle. Not Bogey as in Bogart, but Bogey as in one over par, or not quite up to par. And all the time, my allergies- guess they needed feeding too. Seriously it is kind of God to allow us the privilege and the duty that comes with it of having animals with us as our pets.

I also enjoyed your story about the rabbit so much!  Very funny.   Yes, that was one expensive bunny!   But it shows your heart...a kind heart!

• Thanks 1

Hi, and thanks. I don't know that I am kind, maybe just easy, an easy mark. But thanks for thinking me to be kind. That is be better thing I suppose.

Mostly though, at the heart of it it is God that allows us the opportunity, and that is a kindness to us,  the greatest kindness, an awesome thing to behold as we wander along our own pathways through this existence.

• Loved it! 1