• Haha 4

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

I usually go for late afternoon walks for the exercise and to have some time to just think.. I take the same route mostly.. During my years of walking it i have come to befriend a few Cats who lived on the path..  Usually cats will see you coming and avoid you before you get to them. But on a few occasions the cats where sitting sunning themselves on the cool days.. This is the times i have been able to get in close to them and initiate contact because once a cat has found a nice warm place on a cool day they are loath to abandon it. 

So when i saw a cat sunning itself i would approach it making my eyes narrow ( cats find open staring eyes to be threatening, they like lazy almost closed eyes ) and i would make that special squeaking sound with my lips that would get the cats attention. And then i would hold my hand out in a droopy way for the cats to smell while making sure i spoke in a whisper doing my best not to sound or act threatening..

Sure enough i would be able to start patting and scratching the cat and almost instantly the cat would be won over.. Warm sunshine and pats.. That's cat bliss when you know how to pat a cat.. Note boy cats and girl cats are different when it comes to pats if you know the difference you will do well..

Anyway i have won 6 cat friends over the years, at the present time i have 3 cat pals on my walking route.. They usually never miss me and sometimes i get them a special treat, They like special treats..  One is a talkative Siamese male which are usually temperamental and hard to get friendly with.. The other two are female, one cute white young one and another ginger that is a bit older but still young..   

I had a bit of an adventure with the Siamese one.. I met it one day on my walk abut it was about 3 miles away from it's own house and seemed to be living at a different place.. So after scratching it and giving it a good pat i went on to it's normal area and to be sure i knocked on the door of the house it was usually near.. When the guy answered the door i asked him if he was missing his cat.. The guys eyes opened right up and with a shocked look in his eyes he said "'How do you know my cat is missing? :o "" And so i told him about how i had know His cat for about two years and how i had seen him at another house..  Well the guy dropped what he was doing right away and decided to walk with me back to the other house, as we talked he told me that on cold days the cat liked to sit in cars to keep warm and that he believed the cat had jumped into another persons car and was driven off and lost.. It seems that the driver must have discovered the cat in their car and decided to just pull to the side of the road and drop it on the side walk and go, not knowing who owned it.. 

Anyway we made it back to the other house and he called out the cats name Petree.. And you should have heard the meow coming from underneigh the house. Out he came all sheepish with his tail right up in the air and the guy picked him up.. The cat had been at that house for 4 days and the owners of the house had little kids and they where sad to see the cat go.. They thought they had found a new pet..  But Petree was back with his daddy and seemed very happy to be going home.. :D

Edited by Adstar
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  40,770
  • Content Per Day:  7.95
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

I have a cat story :happyhappy: :
I had some friends in Houston and they gave me this kitten cause I had some other friends that wanted a cat.... so I took the cat and placed it in the car behind the in hatch back, a honda 1976 cvcc hatch back, and when I shut the extreme sloping hatch mostly of glass the half grown kitten jumped as hard as it could into the glass and then again and again in just moments- all I could do was be shocked at the scene that quickly unfolded to me :o and the final thrust of the cat knocked itself out and it lay there with it's little pink tongue hanging out … I wasn't sure if it was dead or not but went to friends just in case it wasn't :blink: … When I got there the cat was conscience and I gave it to them and did not mention the experience to them! Being cat lovers I thought maybe they would kill me or something... About six weeks later I was over at their house and inquired about the cat? They both looked at each other oddly; so I pressed the question and they replied they had gotten rid of it to the pound. I then asked why? They said the cat wasn't right and I asked what do you mean wasn't right?  They said the cat for no apparent reason would at times literally attack them and others with a viciousness you would not expect from a pet... then would stop all of a sudden with weird look on it's face and then flee sometimes running into things as it did so  :43: … I feel better now that I have confessed this to you all, thanks...

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

I have a cat story :happyhappy: :
I had some friends in Houston and they gave me this kitten cause I had some other friends that wanted a cat.... so I took the cat and placed it in the car behind the in hatch back, a honda 1976 cvcc hatch back, and when I shut the extreme sloping hatch mostly of glass the half grown kitten jumped as hard as it could into the glass and then again and again in just moments- all I could do was be shocked at the scene that quickly unfolded to me :o and the final thrust of the cat knocked itself out and it lay there with it's little pink tongue hanging out … I wasn't sure if it was dead or not but went to friends just in case it wasn't :blink: … When I got there the cat was conscience and I gave it to them and did not mention the experience to them! Being cat lovers I thought maybe they would kill me or something... About six weeks later I was over at their house and inquired about the cat? They both looked at each other oddly; so I pressed the question and they replied they had gotten rid of it to the pound. I then asked why? They said the cat wasn't right and I asked what do you mean wasn't right?  They said the cat for no apparent reason would at times literally attack them and others with a viciousness you would not expect from a pet... a would stop all of a sudden with weird look on it's face and then flee sometimes running into things as it did so  :43: … I feel better now that I have confessed this to you all, thanks...

Cool story, Steven
I had posted what I thought was an interesting story also, only to find that it had been deleted, with no explanation. A true story of an experience of a heartbroken adolescent  and a hungry cat. Been here since 09, first time chastised??  Cats are cool, as I posted. Just not when they eat a kids pets. Suppose my post was too harsh for someone. I don't go around hurting cats. (Would like to catch the ones dumping them, though)
As an aside, I had two wild cats someone dumped  out here in the country that would sneak up at night and grab any dog food left over. Took years to get close, and the ugliest, wildest one only let me touch it a half dozen times, maybe. Also, a pure white one with blue eyes, blind in one, and could not hear any thing, no mater how loud. But, they were the best mole and gopher catchers we ever had. They mostly lived in the woods, hunting. The ugly wild one was a better catcher though, of red birds my wife fed. Had to raise the feeders at least six feet high, as he could really jump. They stayed with us very many years, till they showed up no more. (The only two cats I cared for)

Edited by Gary Lee

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

People who don't have an affinity for cats or who don't have experience around cats don't understand.

They aren't dogs.  They aren't pet birds.  They aren't goldfish.

Cats aren't for everyone, I know that, but I love them.  I had to have one put down yesterday and even though she was a feral cat, we loved her.  Cat lovers don't enjoy hearing stories of cats suffering or abuse towards cats.  It's painful to hear.

Some think it funny, but it isn't.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  230
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  14

Thank you all!! My cat story would take longer than I have now, however I have been frustrated with my iPad not letting me send messages. This has gone on all weekend. Finally fixed so all of these stories have made my day and gave me so many good chuckles and outright laughs. So once again thank you one and all. I shall have to tell about my cat that I truly hope one day I see again...and she loved the men!

• Thumbs Up 2

Guest Butero
6 hours ago, Jayne said:

People who don't have an affinity for cats or who don't have experience around cats don't understand.

Cats aren't for everyone, I know that, but I love them.  I had to have one put down yesterday and even though she was a feral cat, we loved her.  Cat lovers don't enjoy hearing stories of cats suffering or abuse towards cats.  It's painful to hear.

I took that story as a reason he has a bad image of cats.  As a cat lover, I can't imagine doing something like that, but I understand his anger.  He felt towards his birds like we think of cats.  It was hardly a heartwarming story, but I didn't report it, as the question was whether or not we like cats.  With you just losing one, I would imagine it was hard to read that.  

Davida was talking about cats hugging.  I have had cats that would put their paws around my neck and rub against my face.  I have one now that will do that.  We rescued her when she was abandoned by the mother cat, and we had to bottle feed her with one of those bottles for dolls.  We had to poke a hole in the nipple.  

I had no experience with this, so I didn't think to warm the milk.  She would gulp the milk down and then shiver.  I would hold her close to me till she would warm up.  She somehow survived and has been with us for about 13 years.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,204
  • Content Per Day:  0.97

4 hours ago, Jayne said:

Cats are cool. A given. I just view them differently. But they are animals, and not little people. Originally wild animals, created by God, with the necessary abilities to survive in their wilderness  environment. Humans changed that.They made pets, toys to play with, to have something to love. For hundreds of years. That's cool. But many  humans get bored. Not all. Some take them to a pound where they get fed, and maybe find a home if still young and cute. The huge majority of cats left on their own (dumped) come from city folks. Take them across town, or head to the country to dispose. Where I live.  I am presently licensed by the Texas Parks and  Wildlife to dispose of (kill) feral pigs, goats, dogs and cats, and some birds which are killing native songbirds. Part of our Texas wildlife program. I personally do not like it. These domesticated toys abandoned to fend for themselves, with no chance. They are a major nuisance  in the milder climate states, and getting worse. No, I don't think it's funny when I have to kill innocent pets, because some pet owner got bored. My way is quick, as compared to many predators, owls, hawks, and coyotes.  They will be eaten alive, as God designed the survival of the fittest. I witness the killing of my pet pigeons as a kid. I put down (acceptable?) the animal that killed them. It took two tries, as I didn't know how. God be merciful to a dumb kid, protecting HIS flock.

Feral dogs and cats have kill  livestock. A pack of wild dogs killed the  deaf white cat with blue eyes I posted about above. The poor cat could not hear them coming while asleep. The reason it could not hear was because the color white with blue eyes is such a popular cat it has been inbreed so much, the genetics carry Congenital sensorineural, causing three out of five white blue eyed to be deaf. Dogs wiped out all my daughters chickens, of which some were the kids pets. 
Some people adopt cats, or become foster parents and raise them when found. That really is commendable. Our family did the same. But with crack babies, we were foster care parents, to babies, whose parents were addicted, or incarcerated. Not caring for them. Our choice to invest our love.
May God bless all responsible cat lovers.....:)

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members *
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  870
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/22/1968

SimbaSleeping.jpg

IMG_20120602_151100.jpg

WP_20160324_006.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,205
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

20 hours ago, other one said:

a little cat humor.

Love cats.

29572534_1598046263649669_1759647397079402509_n.jpg

Oh, that is really funny....thanks so much!  Needed that laugh...

My heart goes out to any animal or child/person that is suffering.   I don't enjoy hearing the sad or awful cat stories either.    I've witnessed or heard of too many awful stories already in my life.

Let's be kind to these homeless cats....and to anyone needing our kindness.

Btw, spaying and neutering are essential.   Most cities and even towns offer free spaying/neutering now.   If not totally free, then very low cost.  The TNR...trap, neuter, release programs work very well to keep cat populations stable for those that feed strays.

If you remove stray cats, others will simply take their place.   But a neutered colony remains the same as other cats won't move into the territory.  Then sometimes some of them get adopted or eventually pass on...that is what I experienced with a neutered colony.

• Thumbs Up 1