• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

On 5/20/2018 at 7:11 AM, Neighbor said:

Do you like cats?

I have one, came with my bride from Texas.

I didn't want a cat.

But it came with my bride from Texas.

I said no I cannot live with a cat, my allergies you know

But it came anyway, with my bride from Texas

It's hard to love a cat, but if it comes with my bride-

My bride from Texas, how could I refuse my bride?

I couldn't, and now this cat, it loves me too.

This cat from Texas sits on me and puts it's head under my hand

And needs me to pet it for hours on end.

But this morning this cat,  it ralphed up yesterday's kibble.

this cat who used to eat ranch field rats the size of Texas

Poor little thing  has become a city cat and my little pet from Texas.

Came with a sweet Texas Peach from there. Had I only known they ralph ( The cat that is)

I'd never have said, well okay bring the cat too, your cat from Texas.

And actually I never did, it was just there with my bride in a little cat crate.

All the way from Texas.  And I do love her so, my sweet Texas Peach.

but to tell ya the truth I'm going to wait and let her clean it up,

when she awakes, after all it's her cat.

[Please don't think ill of me, I'm just having  some fun] But tell me, do you like cats? I have come to like this one, nearly as much as I love my bride from Texas. Thank you Lord for both!

You should move to Texas. LOL

• Haha 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  905
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,644
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Until about 1992 we were strictly dog people. But my beloved Bride (also from Texas) began feeding stray cats at the park.

One in particular captured her fancy and we adopted him. Feral til the day he died, but tame as a kitten to us... he latched onto us and we could not 

help but love him. DC ←after the movie Darned Cat. 

We've rescued many cats and now dogs again over the years since...

Say a prayer for us, if you think of it, we lease and our current landlady is okay with our pets but if the rent goes up again we may have to start looking for another place and no one wants tenants with pets.  Thanks!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

7 hours ago, kamptlneb said:

I have had cats for all my adult life.  I "catch and release" the ferals in my neighborhood as well.  I have a shed where they can get in out of the cold.  I love cats!

That's so great you TNR (Trap, neuter, release)!   Also, so kind of you to give the cats a place to get out of the cold.   The TNR really helps alot...I used to feed 12 or so strays on my street.  After getting them spayed, neutered, with the help of a rescue group, the population shrunk through the years as they got adopted or died.  Now. I don't see any strays but I think there are a few somewhere.   Someone in our underground garage leaves out food and water every day but I never see the cat.   It must hide when it hears the elevator.

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

Until about 1992 we were strictly dog people. But my beloved Bride (also from Texas) began feeding stray cats at the park.

One in particular captured her fancy and we adopted him. Feral til the day he died, but tame as a kitten to us... he latched onto us and we could not 

help but love him. DC ←after the movie Darned Cat. 

We've rescued many cats and now dogs again over the years since...

Say a prayer for us, if you think of it, we lease and our current landlady is okay with our pets but if the rent goes up again we may have to start looking for another place and no one wants tenants with pets.  Thanks!

That's heartwarming to hear of the kindness of you and your wife.   I also was a dog person until late 1989 when I saw some kittens down the street from my apartment building.   There was a calico/tortoiseshell, runt of the litter who I adopted.   Then through the years I rescued other strays from my street.   My current Miss Kitty doesn't want a buddy.   She had a hard time getting along with my Holly for a year when I first brought Miss Kitty in.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,557
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

On 11/4/2018 at 9:44 AM, JohnD said:

Hi, Been away for awhile out of internet range, seems that is possible. How is the search for a place to live going? Praying for both of you to secure a nice place! Got in late, just now changed the cat's food and water. She is meowing her appreciation. She said something about doing her cat box too. I told her  wait for your owner she will be up soon. 

Seems to me one of those auto cleaning cat boxes must work, all the reviews I have read say nope not all that good for the money. Aha, I hear the cat's owner rousing now, hang on kitty your own  "restroom" cleaner is soon to come to a toilet near you.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

14 hours ago, Neighbor said:

Hi, Been away for awhile out of internet range, seems that is possible. How is the search for a place to live going? Praying for both of you to secure a nice place! Got in late, just now changed the cat's food and water. She is meowing her appreciation. She said something about doing her cat box too. I told her  wait for your owner she will be up soon. 

Seems to me one of those auto cleaning cat boxes must work, all the reviews I have read say nope not all that good for the money. Aha, I hear the cat's owner rousing now, hang on kitty your own  "restroom" cleaner is soon to come to a toilet near you.

Neighbor ,   you go do a kind act for your texas peach and shovel out that box .      

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,557
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

39 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Neighbor ,   you go do a kind act for your texas peach and shovel out that box .      

Ha, I did. I couldn't let the poor cat use that box any longer. It jumped up on me in my lounger chair,  arched it's head back, thumped it's tail like it was sweeping a deck, laid there on me  for  a couple hours, and just stared at me like is this real? -  I'm a push over. I was dead tired myself, but the cat needed some attention and comforting. I simply took an extra Zertec and ignored my nose having closing up from cat and my having to breath through my mouth.

Cats, geesh.

• Thumbs Up 1