church hopping

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Days Won:  0

Recently I Heard an interesting mini sermon  from a pastor today. hevwas explaining his standard for hospital Christian ministry  

what he said was-

- Some people church hop because they cant submut to authority and so they jump to other churches when they don't like what's being done.

If I notice a member of another church starting to frequent my church,I meet and  ask them why they're moving. If they don't tell me, I call the pastor and ask him. If the report he has given for their movement isn't a positive , I tell the person to return  to their church and only come when  they have their pastors blessing.  Reason  being, people  leave for bad reasons and i don't want them bringing their demons to my church

NOTE -the replies  i heard show people have misinterpreted  he. I would never do any investigation in new members, not my place. The pastor is the one who said he did the investigation. i was simply quoting him 

Edited by creativemechanic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, creativemechanic said:

Recently I Heard an interesting mini sermon  from a pastor today. hevwas explaining his standard for hospital Christian ministry  

what he said was-

- Some people church hop because they cant submut to authority and so they jump to other churches when they don't like what's being done.

If I notice a member of another church starting to frequent my church,I meet and  ask them why they're moving. If they don't tell me, I call the pastor and ask him. If the report he has given for their movement isn't a positive , I tell the person to return  to their church and only come when  they have their pastors blessing.  Reason  being, people  leave for bad reasons and i don't want them bringing their demons to my church

What demons?  Maybe they are looking for the right church for them. Its like finding a pair of shoes with the right fit. This is why  there are a million denominations, and yours is just another one of them. 

Actually there is no right church. We are saved by personal faith in Chris. God has no pet denomination in His kingdom. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.94
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

So your the church police? Could be personal. I know I myself would be really put out if someone from a church called up my old pastor and ask him why I left.   I am an adult after all and my reason for attended one church over another is really no one's business  unless I wish to share that with them. You never know. Someone maybe leaving an abusive situation and not wanting to talk about it with anyone just yet. Are you really going to close your doors to people?   As for not wanting  people to bring their demons to your church? Is your church only for those who are  spiritual healthy?  

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,776
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

what he said was-

I'll say this kindly.  It's not your business why someone is leaving a church.  It's certainly not your business to tattle to the pastor and if he is worth his salt, he will not reveal their personal business to the membership.  People don't always leave for bad reasons.  A lot of people leave for good and valid reasons.

If those people decide to share why they have left their church and do it in a non-gossipy way and explain that they are looking for truth, help, or a place to serve, that's fine.  

There is too much church hopping these days.  Some for good reasons and some for poor reasons.

Edited by Jayne
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

what he said was-

Yeah, you are waaaaay out of line with that.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

3 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

what he said was-

So ,  say someone was sitting in Kenneth copelands church , and then the HOLY SPIRIT woke them up and they had tried to correct him , but no effect

and then they come to your church .   you call KENNY and of course HE will say they were not positive and don't submit to his authority .

YET the man is a mega false pastor.    The key is , learn what the person believes, SEE if they need correction , and if not ,  all is well.  

Teach them JESUS and see how they respond .  but due to , we have a mega many false pastors and some keep waking up and leaving ,   my advice is

test their knowledge and see and ask what they believe .  

Guest Butero
4 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

what he said was-

I would judge them only by what they did at my church.  I can't imagine anyone treating visitors like that.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,010
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,206
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

As others have mentioned there are often legitimate reasons why people leave certain churches.   In these years of extreme liberalistic churches, some must leave because their churches now embrace things like gay marriage...or even sometimes a new pastor will come in and you find out that he doesn't believe in the inspired word of God (and he even tells you that).  So how can one remain sitting under the teaching of those "pastors"?

Love new people coming into church and hopefully they will find a loving church home with you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  528
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1

What preacher, if called and questioned, is going to admit he was going way off track with the things he was saying from the pulpit?  OF COURSE he is going to blame the couple who showed up at your church.  How foolish to even think otherwise.

Edited by Willie T
  • Brilliant! 1