church hopping

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

Soon the church (You and me) each and every one of us will be sifted like wheat. The testing is already started. The church will be divided member against member. Many will fall to the ungodly standards and depravity set by our laws of society . This is inevitable. Remember Paul admonished "no ye not that ye are the Temple  and the spirit of God dwells within you." 

Rev 18 says the we will be judged by the company we keep. Come out of her my people and be not judged with Babylon.

• Brilliant! 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

6 hours ago, Jayne said:

I'll say this kindly.  It's not your business why someone is leaving a church.  It's certainly not your business to tattle to the pastor and if he is worth his salt, he will not reveal their personal business to the membership.  People don't always leave for bad reasons.  A lot of people leave for good and valid reasons.

If those people decide to share why they have left their church and do it in a non-gossipy way and explain that they are looking for truth, help, or a place to serve, that's fine.  

There is too much church hopping these days.  Some for good reasons and some for poor reasons.

to clarify. Im not thr one show involved I was just quoting what the pastor said. HE is the one who does the investigation 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

5 hours ago, Rick_Parker said:

You sound very selfish and nosey to me. I'd tell you to mind your own business.

reread the original post. i clarified it please

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,810
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

36 minutes ago, creativemechanic said:

to clarify. Im not thr one show involved I was just quoting what the pastor said. HE is the one who does the investigation 

Thank you for clarifying who said this.  

To me, it's worse when a pastor says something like this.  If he sees visitors who have come a time or two, his place is not to assume that they are troublemakers and investigate them for demons but to welcome them and show the love of God and preach the gospel to them.  He'll know as time goes by if they are going to be a problem.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.34
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

5 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Soon the church (You and me) each and every one of us will be sifted like wheat. The testing is already started. The church will be divided member against member. Many will fall to the ungodly standards and depravity set by our laws of society . This is inevitable. Remember Paul admonished "no ye not that ye are the Temple  and the spirit of God dwells within you." 

Rev 18 says the we will be judged by the company we keep. Come out of her my people and be not judged with Babylon.

A massive division is already beginning .   Most will flock to the wrong side as its already beginning .    When satan uses words like love , freedom  , unity , peace

brotherly kindess , all inclusive , just unity for unity sake ,   you can rest assure , while this sounds good to those who know not better,  His real agenda

is to get the world to come against the ones who remain in the fundamental JESUS ONLY , evangelizing the gospel camp .

But man its so subtile and very well sold under the banner of love and world peace and unity .    Whoever said satan is not full of worldy wisdom and does not know how to seduce and deceive , must have already been deceived by him.    Cause this all inclusive banner and unity for world peace ,  That is his plan and its selling like hotcakes to the unstable and the lost .

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,247
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

The church I attend welcomes all trouble makers, hypocrites, sinners, etc. We haven't had any perfect ones come yet (in the flesh) However, we have had occasionally some come trying to change our church doctrine or "statement of faith", by introducing the latest popular revelations they believed God gave them. It has caused problems, especially to those with itching ears, when they slyly whisper their "new revelation" on the sly, sowing the seeds of division amongst  the members. It is standard practice for our  pastor, our shepherd, then to seek information from this new member's previous pastor, to know the reason for leaving, if he detects false doctrine being spread. I believe our Lord's word did say to beware of the wolves entering in, among the flock. A good shepherd will use any "staff" and all  methods possible to protect his flock. If a member suspects someone causing division, there are biblical methods to deal with it,  with love. Not gossip. We are a body, with many members. An unhealthy "part" needs healing. If the part can not/will not heal, it is amputated.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,559
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

41 minutes ago, Gary Lee said:

The church I attend welcomes all trouble makers, hypocrites, sinners, etc. We haven't had any perfect ones come yet (in the flesh) However, we have had occasionally some come trying to change our church doctrine or "statement of faith", by introducing the latest popular revelations they believed God gave them. It has caused problems, especially to those with itching ears, when they slyly whisper their "new revelation" on the sly, sowing the seeds of division amongst  the members. It is standard practice for our  pastor, our shepherd, then to seek information from this new member's previous pastor, to know the reason for leaving, if he detects false doctrine being spread. I believe our Lord's word did say to beware of the wolves entering in, among the flock. A good shepherd will use any "staff" and all  methods possible to protect his flock. If a member suspects someone causing division, there are biblical methods to deal with it,  with love. Not gossip. We are a body, with many members. An unhealthy "part" needs healing. If the part can not/will not heal, it is amputated.

Amen.

13 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

reread the original post. i clarified it please

I'd tell the pastor the same thing. Then, I may be looking for a new church myself, LOL.