IGNORED

How do I know if the Holy Spirit is within me?

Alison_P

I always write my answers to questions before reading anyone else's. Then i love to see how we true believers say the same things in different ways! It's marvellous. 

• 4 months later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  115
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

A couple of questions that can help you determine whether or not you have the Holy spirit. What does Jesus say is the way to receive the Holy spirit? What is the job of the Holy spirit? Is it possible for us to lose the Holy spirit, if so how?

The answer to these questions and essential to understanding the Holy spirit. If we understand the Holy spirit, then we can discern whether or not we have the Holy spirit.

In peace

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

One can not say “ Jesus is Lord” without the indwelling Holy Spirit.

How do we receive it? Jesus said that “ All that ask shall receive”

The Holy Spirit is our “ Helper”, an indwelling of the very Nature of God.It is our “ New Man” that goes to war with our original,sinful Adamic Nature That all are born with.If we continue to practice the faith that brought this Gift from God into our lives in the first place,we can yield to it, which will bring blessings,or we can give in to the Old Man which looks enticing but leads to sorrow.

The Holy Spirit will “ NEVER leave nor forsake us”. Jesus has us in his grip and He will lose NONE of us. Modern -Day Judaizers say Jesus will not let go of us but we can let go of Him.That would make Jesus a liar. John5:24.......  “ He That hears my Word and believes Him that sent me, has eternal life  and will NOT come into condemnation -He is passed from death to life” I am eager to see the Legalists squirm their way out of THAT verse. It will be some hogwash about Willfull, unrepentant sin , no doubt.Please don’t  buy into their weak blood, weak Gospel. It is an accursed one. God bless.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  78
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Jesus said that all you have to do is ask, His Word of Truth is in (Luke 11:13) the bottom half says: how much more "your Heavenly Father will give (you) the Holy Spirit to them that ask Him?" Then just ask Him and our Heavenly Father will give you His Holy Spirit to live within your spirit.  Also another place (John 4:10) Jesus spoke of the Living Water which is the Holy Spirit, Spirit of Life, and that you can ask of Him and He(Jesus) will give you Living Water.  What a beautiful precious gift of life we receive through Jesus & life way more abundant because that's who He is & what we partake of in Him. ?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.40
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:05 PM, SelahSong said:

A Spirit-filled Christian will be obedient to the leading of the Holy Spirit. None of us are perfect, but our yearning is to become more and more acquainted with the Lord, and when we mess up, we sincerely repent and press on because we know that our Father has forgiven us. A Spirit-filled Christian ought to also be happy; after all, we've got the hope of glory living inside of us!...and we ought to go about doing good, always abounding in the work of the Lord and praising God for His grace.

Selah:emot-heartbeat: 

THATS RIGHT dear SISTER ,  we PRAISE OUR LORD .     I came to the full all out conclusion , there just aint no such thing as OVER PRAISING THE LORD .    Put those hands up sister

and oh let all that has breath just praise the LORD .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  606
  • Content Per Day:  0.31

On 5/22/2018 at 10:24 AM, Alison_P said:

As a Christian how do you know the Holy Spirit is living in you? 

JOHN.14:15-24 (NKJV) Jesus Promises Another Helper

15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever— 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.

Indwelling of the Father and the Son

19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me.Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.

22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?”

23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him.24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me.

1JOHN.3:4-9 Sin and the Child of God

4 Whoever commits sin also commits lawlessness, and sin is lawlessness. 5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin. 6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him.

7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.81

The holy spirit begins to work in your heart. You no longer want to hang out with the same old crowed   that did anything for kicks. They treat you like you just became a goody goody but you don't let these things sway you because the Lord showed you the truth.  

Paul said the things I once loved I now hate and the things I hated I now love. Jesus said blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled. 

Blessed are those who are persecuted for my sake for theirs shall be the  kingdom of heaven. 

Jesus taught that when we pray we should pray in our prayer closet where only God will reward us. We should want to have time with God alone every day. By this you know you have the Holy Spirit in you. 

Edited by Mike Mclees
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  5

......all true ......and as Paul added, we are to “pray without ceasing”.Since I started practicing faith, I pray from the time I arise to the time I go to bed......not boasting......it just seems we have a constant line of communication that is open all the time.In the car.....in the shower.....on the Harley.....cutting the grass.....you name it..... I am sure that I am not alone here in this regard .....I never understood those that adhere to set times to pray......like it’s a chore....an obligation.....I suspect something is amiss there......no chapter or verse here—- just my opinion

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  227
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I believe it's not something to wonder or guess about. According to Paul, as I see it, it's a" given".Built into with our Christian conscience, as it were. Although non-Christians also have a conscience, distinguishing right from wrong, morally or ethically, nevertheless to the Christian specifically, Paul writes "9You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ.10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righreousness11...he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you."(N.I.V.Rom 8:9-11)

But we must always make sure that we remove a lot of "junk" that crowd our lives and leave very little "parking space" for the Holy Spirit's voice to guide us; for example "Do not get drunk on wine which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit."(Eph 5:18)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

On 5/21/2018 at 9:24 PM, Alison_P said:

As a Christian how do you know the Holy Spirit is living in you? 

I have a youtube video which addresses a related topic, the "Anointing" and what its purpose is, but I don't know  which sub-forum I'm allowed to post youtube links to. If someone would direct me to this again? I would be grateful and post the link.