IGNORED

How do I know if the Holy Spirit is within me?

Alison_P

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

1 minute ago, Cletus said:

it was Paul.  whos an apostle.  elder of many churches.

The point I was making is that it does not even require people to lay hands on you.

If someone simply has the knowledge of the Holy Spirit, one can simply ask... And it will be given by the Father, who is heaven.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/28/1990

I'm not sure if this is the same thing you are referring to but I was at a mixed Lifegroup last Tuesday that is linked to my church which is run by a couple at the church which I attend every second Tuesday night, which I have been attending for a while now and during prayer the wife put her hands on me while she was praying for me and I felt like a warm fuzzy feeling in my body, that fuzzy feeling I experienced, was that the Holy Spirit I was feeling? 

Edited by Alison_P

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,154
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

God's things begin to take priority over self... begin to take priority in all things we began in... He becomes to us The Everything in Life... this is transformation not of this world but of promises He has made to us so that we are made able to rely on those promises more than all we have began in... I am literally His and it is better than when I was mine, so much so, I will not return to it... it is s/Spiritual because I am physically where I was but no longer wish to be... as we grow into the inner man where The Holy Spirit dwells within us we experience the reality 

Eph 3:16-21
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.
20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
21 Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
KJV
literally through the objective reality of existence I am experiencing this
2 Cor 5:17
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
KJV
  • Loved it! 1

• 1 month later...

You do know. When you read your Bible and the words are alive, that's the Holy Spirit. When you pray and feel peace, thats Him. Soon as you have accepted Jesus Christ as Lord of your life, the Holy Spirit begins working in you. 

Perhaps it really is that simple. So simple we wonder why it is so easy. 

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Non-Trinitarian
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  430
  • Content Per Day:  0.21

Good question. After all, you can't see, hear, smell, taste, or touch spirit. The 5 senses are in the flesh realm and have no way of registering spirit.

John 3:6,

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

The scriptures say in no uncertain terms you have God's spirit dwelling within.

Col 1:27,

To whom God would make known what [is] the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

It is the gift of holy spirit that makes you born again. But as I said, you can't sense spirit with any of your five senses. But God, in His infinite wisdom made it available for you to operate the gift of spirit in order to manifest it into the senses realm.

1Cor 12:7-10,

7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another [divers] kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

If you count, you will see 9 different ways the gift of holy spirit can be manifested into the senses realm. Speaking in tongues is perhaps the one familiar to most Christians. It is typically called a gift by many Christians, but the scriptures call it a manifestation. It's more expedient to stick with the scriptural designation. The gift is holy spirit, tongues is one of the manifestations of the gift. Once you operate any of the manifestations you will have proof positive that God's spirit does indeed dwell within you.

I wish I could be with you to guide you into speaking in tongues, but I'm obviously not. Instead, if you want to learn more you may want to start here; How to Speak in Tongues

God bless...

Edited by rrobs

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

Scripture says anybody that can say and , of course mean... “ Jesus is Lord” has the Holy Spirit dwelling within.....the test could not get any easier than that.....please don’t over-think it

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,229
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

On 5/22/2018 at 9:32 PM, Alison_P said:

I'm not sure if this is the same thing you are referring to but I was at a mixed Lifegroup last Tuesday that is linked to my church which is run by a couple at the church which I attend every second Tuesday night, which I have been attending for a while now and during prayer the wife put her hands on me while she was praying for me and I felt like a warm fuzzy feeling in my body, that fuzzy feeling I experienced, was that the Holy Spirit I was feeling? 

There are many experiences in God.   But when you truly surrender your life to Jesus as lord, wanting Him to guide you and take charge of it, God fills you with His Spirit and makes you one of His own adopts children.  That is what confessing Jesus as Lord and Savior is all about.  If you understand this and cannot say "Jesus is LORD", you probably aren't yet indwelt by the Holy Spirit.  

I have a friend who received Jesus as Savior and was baptized, but she has never made Him Lord of her life.  She can't understand the Bible; it is the Holy Spirit Who enlightens us to understand the Bible.  She cannot even say the words "Jesus is Lord".  Having surrendered to seducing spirits she has embraced parts of other religions; she has fallen away from her first love. 

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  194
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

On 5/21/2018 at 7:24 PM, Alison_P said:

As a Christian how do you know the Holy Spirit is living in you? 

I was relieved and loose after praying the prayer of salvation and accepting Christ.  That was my initial realization that the Holy Spirit (more preciously, the Trinity God) lived in me.  Subsequent realizations included prayers being answered, personal changes in attitude and interests to be more "Christian-like", willingness to read and understand the bible, feeling touched or encouraged by hymnal lyrics, and having the need to seek for or pray to God.

Hope I've answered your question.

• Thumbs Up 2

You will know. You will feel peace, love and security in your heart no matter what storms are raging in your life. The Holy Spirit brings quiet deep courage. You will feel empathy with others and wish to help them. Your heart will not harden against others. Many sign like these. Also you will feel a passion to pass this good news of the joy of Christ to others. 

Edited by Melinda12

Oh and the Bible will come to life! You will understand or wish to have it explained to you. You will want fellowship with other christians.