IGNORED

How do I know if the Holy Spirit is within me?

Alison_P

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  81
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

Read these passages, as they explain what the Holy Spirit does for the Believer.

John 15:26-27, John 16: 12-16.

1 John 2: 20-29.

The Holy Spirit will show you the future (does this quite often with me, usually relating to something personal or a natural disaster).

The Holy Spirit will teach you ALL truth, not just some truth.

The Holy Spirit will give you the inheritance of Christ, because he says that the Comforter will take of Christs and give it to you. Paul said the same thing using the picture of an adopted son receiving inheritance with the natural Son.

The Holy Spirit MAY sometimes give you commandments that are difficult to discern. For example, The Holy Spirit commanded the prophet Hoseah to buy a harlot off the auction block and marry her.

Edited by Wade8888

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

On 5/21/2018 at 10:24 PM, Alison_P said:

As a Christian how do you know the Holy Spirit is living in you? 

I have a SURE way to know. Witness, but ask God first for power to witness, for power to overcome fear, and to step into your mouth to give you fresh words for those you witness to. Those who witness often, see God's power so often, they know they belong to Christ and have His Spirit!

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Holy spirit is God’s free gift to those who sincerely seek it. It can enhance not only your abilities but also your desire to do your best in his service. “God is the one that, for the sake of his good pleasure, is acting within you in order for you both to will and to act.” The precious gift of holy spirit, coupled with our earnest efforts to keep “a tight grip on the word of life,” will allow us to “keep working out [our] own salvation with fear and trembling.”—Phil. 2:12, 13, 16.

With complete confidence in God’s spirit, pour your heart into every assignment, become skilled at what you are given to do, and look to Jehovah for assistance. (Jas. 1:5) He will give you what you need to understand his Word, cope with life’s problems, and preach the good news. “Keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you,” and this includes receiving holy spirit. (Luke 11:9, 13) Indeed, keep on supplicating Jehovah that you may be like faithful ones—both ancient and modern—who were guided by God’s holy spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

I remember the very day I felt the spirit. I was in a bad place in my life and a strong sudden pull had me wanting to converse with my Lord, and learn more of His word. It is the same pull I feel to this day. Thankya Lord for bringin' me to ya! Amen!! Just my two bits,  JJ

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  56
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

In my experience, being touched by the Holy Spirit can be recognized by a deeply peaceful joyous perception.  For me, occasionally, the proverbial clouds break and a ray of light comes shining down.  At those times, which are unfortunately too few at present and hopefully to become more frequent, I sense deeply the aforementioned peace and joy I believe to be a tiny glimpse of heaven.  It's different from the typical sense of happiness associated with created things.  It's easy to understand the happiness that comes with maybe getting a new car, or having a good meal, or maybe even having good friends and family.  But, the peace and joy to which I refer seems to be dependent on nothing of this world.  It just is.  I believe this is where our true God given joy lies.  It is the spirit of truth and of joy and of an abiding peace which is indescribable.  It's what He wants for us.  Always trust in Christ.  He asks us to reject sin and to trust in Him solely for our forgiveness and our salvation.  You'll know when the Holy Spirit is in you.  It's not something you will have to figure out.  In that state of communion there will be no doubt.  Only peace and joy dependent on no created thing.  Pray for the faith and hope that someday that communion will be eternally present for you.  Let me know what you think about this if you get the chance.  Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.83
  • Days Won:  226

On 5/21/2018 at 7:24 PM, Alison_P said:

If you have genuinely asked Jesus Christ into your life to be your Lord and Savior you have the Holy Spirit living in you. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.32
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

On 5/21/2018 at 7:24 PM, Alison_P said:

One thing the Lord requires of us is that we trust him, that we have faith in him. He is omnipotent, all-knowing, and motivated only by love. He knows our every thought.

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  860
  • Content Per Day:  0.47

Morally abandoned for those without Christ, but self denial makes us think we are not bad people, so that is why nobody will tell the truth, and is the reason all bow the knee on judgement day, and receiving of the Holy Spirit is by believing of the righteousness, that Christ had to die, to take death away from us, to know we do deserve the death we receive, for not being holy or kind hearted in life, such as Jesus to lay HIs life down for His friends, and if we feel that same love and passion as Christ, maybe the Holy Spirit is moving us too, and praying and hands means very little, nobody approaches to Christ unless He draws and reveals Himself to them.

For perceiving and examining..

Romans 14:11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Matthew 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.19 And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

John 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Matthew 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

It's difficult to say. We always should be mentored by our priest or spiritual father. Keep your ties with church close.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  875
  • Content Per Day:  0.41
  • Days Won:  1

About laying on of hands:  about a year ago I was at a truck stop and an obviously homeless man came up to me to chat. He didn’t ask for money, he told me that he thought the Holy Spirit wasn’t with him or had left him. I placed my hands on his shoulders and prayed for him to receive the Holy Spirit. I have never had anyone do that for me, but it just came to me as the thing to do. I’m glad I did it. I believe it was transforming for both of us. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 2