IGNORED

How do I know if the Holy Spirit is within me?

Alison_P

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/28/1990

As a Christian how do you know the Holy Spirit is living in you? 

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

A question with a question but this will be the answer as well.       Do you remember the very day and hour that you first believed .  Describe it as best you can . the day you came to Christ .

In the mean time I will tell of mine .     May thirtieth of two thousand and six started out a sin filled day as every day before had .

Now , I had heard the gospel before .   I have even told some that JESUS is the only way ,   rare and few and far between .    Mostly I lived a life of sin .

I was one of the darkest men I knew ,  though at the time I did not realize that .  

I really was one of the worst .  Most folks would not have known the depths of my sin nature, due to  in part most were like that anyway ,  that and

I was always a nice guy.    Always had this zeal for life as some said .    upbeat , but inside ,  oh no .     and the things I did show who I followed.

Now on may thirtieth of two thousand and six , a stirring began within me ,   just like that , out of the clear blue ,  I had a stirring within and I was suddenly

interested in Knowing GOD .     It was like a whole new direction , the old nature did not drive me anymore , a whole new nature did .    And all I desired

was to KNOW GOD .   And this desire put me into the bible and man as I fed on that bible the desire only grew .

As time went on , by grace I learned ,  the SPIRIT had put its LOVE on my heart .  a whole new direction that true love FOR TRUTH points you  .   Right to the bible I went.

The more I fed , the more within me I was realizing how deep a neeed I really did have for a savoir .     All  of this was the work of the SPIRT .

it sure was not the flesh that put that desire in my heart .    MY DESIRE was CHANGED.   the desire of the flesh only desires to feed the flesh.

But those desires were replaced with a whole new desire that put my affections up ON HIM .     YOU KNOW if you have the SPIRIT .

I remember long before this occurred on the few times in my whole life I attended church .  which was less than ten times probably .

But I do remember a pastor telling people YOU KNOW without a doubt IF YOU BORN AGAIN and YOU KNOW without a doubt IF you have the SPIRIT .

I remember thinking ,  What does he mean .    NOW I KNOW .    many years later , by grace I NOW understand fully what I had no idea of those many years ago .

• Praise God! 1

The fact you interested means ,   simply ask for the increase of the HOLY SPIRIT , ASK for a heart pleasing to GOD.

The SPIRIT had me ask that on hour one .    It unctioned me to pray like that .     When I say all is by grace ,   I MEAN ALL IS BY GRACE.

now lust can choke this right out of one .   pleasures and cares and pleasures in life can choke it out .     If one however repents and starts afresh ,  again the inner working of the Spirit

but if they repent , and really ask for that heart that LOVES HIM and has all affections above .   HE WILL HEAR .   FOR GOD ANSWERS all prayers that are in agreement with HIS WILL.

AND HIS DESIRE is WE LOVE HIM ABOVE ALL THINGS and to love on another as Christ loves us .   SO if you feel you lack ,     YOU NEED ONLY ASK .  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/28/1990

13 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Have you had hands laid on you?  many will say you are sealed with the Holy Spirit once saved but there are several scriptures that  speak of this and having experienced this i can tell you its not the same thing. 

What do you mean by if I had hands laid on me? Please explain because I don't understand what you mean by that. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  790
  • Content Per Day:  0.25

4 hours ago, Alison_P said:

By His fruit appearing in your life. (Galatians 5:22,23)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 3

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,274
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

Although we don't base our faith on feelings, when I was born again...when I prayed for forgiveness and asked the Lord to come into my heart/life, I then had such a wonderful peace in my heart and joy, too.

Of course all of us are different, so don't judge yourself by others' experiences.    If you have truly believed on the Lord Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit has come into your heart/life as Jesus promised.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

10 hours ago, Alison_P said:

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God..." - Romans 8:16

"But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you.
Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His." - Romans 8:9

"He who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He walked." - 1 John 2:6

• Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

18 minutes ago, Cletus said:

Get someone who is an elder to lay hands on you.  not just anyone.  laying hands or putting on of hands is in the bible.

I understand your worry... But I do not think it is limited to elder.

"When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied." - Acts 19:5-6

"If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children,
how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" - Luke 11:13

"But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind.
For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord;" - James 1:6-7

"...A man can receive nothing unless it has been given to him from heaven." - John 3:27

"And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him." - Acts 5:32

• Praise God! 1