• Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

10 hours ago, Yowm said:

It wasn't their learning and analyzing that was their downfall, but their rejection of their Messiah.

It is through the Scriptures that faith is sparked and nourished...So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.
(Rom 10:17)

God's Word will effect what it sets out to accomplish whether one has faith or not and Scripture is NEVER a dead letter...

“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven and do not return there but water the earth, making it bring forth and sprout, giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth; it shall not return to me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.
(Isa 55:10-11)

Fully agree.    no matter who rejects or accepts the sober words of the pure doctrine of scripture , the words of GOD were always Life , wholesome , pure .

Its man who was dead , dead to the spiritual , dead to the pure truth of sound doctrine .   And unless one is revived spiritually to life they simply are dead .

but the scriptures were always mana to the soul .   Always sharp and always powerful .   But the dead know not and without CHRIST who quickens , 

one will never know and remain dead .   But in Christ their is hope, that all who by grace are His ,   have hope and comfort In HIM and by HIM and in the holy scriptures .

Yes, the holy scriptures were always alive , always truth , always .    But the dead know not and without Christ to make one alive their simply is no hope .

Now throw those hands up and praise the Lord .    So long as we got breath its Time to praise the LORD and do all by the Power of His Grace , which works in us

those things pleasing in His sight .    IN all things HONOR the ONE who has given us great hope by the mercy given us IN CHRIST .    Sing it for all to hear .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Mars Hill

37 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

"So he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you come in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless." - Matthew 22:12

And this is why we must never submit to the all inclusive interfaith nor are we to have unity with it or those who sell it .

For many will say in His Day ,  Lord we did lots of works , we gave to the poor , we gathered together , we sang songs ,  we came as one for world peace .

we were kind to all,  never rejected any .    AND HE is going to say What are these interfaith garments I see,    You saved none with this lie

and though many did gather with unity , IT WAS NOT OF HIM .    the unity of Christ puts the gospel of Christ center.   Puts Christ above all

and allows no contrary religion or mindset to believe its way is right , when in fact their way is death . 

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

2Co 3:6

Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Jhn 5:39-40

You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me,

yet you refuse to come to me to have life.

Without Christ their is no hope .   but the scriptures always POINTED TO HIM .    it shows how pure and wonderful they always are .   the scriptures

are not what is dead ,     its the one who is dead , who is dead .   Without THE LORD it is truly impossible to know or to do anything but failure and death .

But in HIM we can SEE just how nourishing those holy scrips truly are .   I know what you saying sister .   But the scriptures were and are never dead

for they are GOD spoken and GOD is LIFE .   All that He has said by men was for our good , and without Christ can no man hear or receive anything but death .

The scriptures are not what is dead ,    its the men who know not Christ that are dead and the dead cannot reiceve life , nor instruction to truly worship in Spirit and truth

UNLESS they are OF CHRIST .     Man,   I cannot truly number the reasons on why we should be praising Him daily and doing all things that are well pleasing IN HIS SIGHT .

And by the SPIRIT ,   IT would work in us those things pleasing in HIS SIGHT .   Why will you die o man is all I can say ,   WHEN the solution to all things

and the HOPE of all is their for all who will reiceive it .    Christ is the ONLY HOPE we have and the only hope for all.    And thus let us not once be partakers

with this lie of the all inclusive bear hug many diverse color religion robes .   its all false .   OH its time to point ONLY to CHRIST in all things

and have no unity with any who preach any other mindset contrary to the true gospel .     No unity with ROME folks , nor any who desire this unity with her .

Its JESUS saves ONLY TIME .  I have the absolute worst feeling for so many and what a heaviness for them I do have .    We are running out of time .

And all who enter the convenant of the all inclusive enter the convenant of death and the end of that is perdition .   You all are loved .   Armour up in the LORD

and let us proclaim with hope all things HE has said and taught , the gospel of salvation .

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

Without Christ their is no hope .   but the scriptures always POINTED TO HIM .    it shows how pure and wonderful they always are .   the scriptures

are not what is dead ,     its the one who is dead , who is dead .   Without THE LORD it is truly impossible to know or to do anything but failure and death .

But in HIM we can SEE just how nourishing those holy scrips truly are .   I know what you saying sister .   But the scriptures were and are never dead

for they are GOD spoken and GOD is LIFE .   All that He has said by men was for our good , and without Christ can no man hear or receive anything but death .

The scriptures are not what is dead ,    its the men who know not Christ that are dead and the dead cannot reiceve life , nor instruction to truly worship in Spirit and truth

UNLESS they are OF CHRIST .     Man,   I cannot truly number the reasons on why we should be praising Him daily and doing all things that are well pleasing IN HIS SIGHT .

And by the SPIRIT ,   IT would work in us those things pleasing in HIS SIGHT .   Why will you die o man is all I can say ,   WHEN the solution to all things

and the HOPE of all is their for all who will reiceive it .    Christ is the ONLY HOPE we have and the only hope for all.    And thus let us not once be partakers

with this lie of the all inclusive bear hug many diverse color religion robes .   its all false .   OH its time to point ONLY to CHRIST in all things

and have no unity with any who preach any other mindset contrary to the true gospel .     No unity with ROME folks , nor any who desire this unity with her .

Its JESUS saves ONLY TIME .  I have the absolute worst feeling for so many and what a heaviness for them I do have .    We are running out of time .

And all who enter the convenant of the all inclusive enter the convenant of death and the end of that is perdition .   You all are loved .   Armour up in the LORD

and let us proclaim with hope all things HE has said and taught , the gospel of salvation .

Amen....it's the Spirit which gives life to the letters.  The Pharisees studied the letters but failed to combine it with faith/spirit, so to them it was a dead letter.  To see and receive the word by faith, one must come to God in Christ to receive it....because faith is not of our own....it is of His Spirit.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,069
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

11 hours ago, Davida said:

What i observe in this thread is one who says , " I am careful to read the scripture in the context that it is written and do not add to it my own opinions & conjecture" and the other person saying "Oh yes! amen" but then in the very next breath & by example -adding their own theories to the meaning of the scripture beyond what the actual scripture states, that seems in reality representing the opposite.  

It is the Scripture that reveals the spirit of a matter whether of God or not...

1 John 4:1
4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
KJV
the context of this was Gnosticism ...

never the reverse for it is one way, one path, one life

2 Tim 3:15-17
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

This and only this the object whereby God Himself leads His Children ….

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  82
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

I simply want to mention the 2 earliest interpretations of the unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit in the early church: The Didache (The Teaching of the 12 Apostles--95 AD) identifies the sin as a rejection of a Spirit-anointed Christian prophet's message.  Irenaeus (180 AD) agrees,  In other words, if the Spirit confirms to my spirit that a prophetic word comes from the Lord and applies to me and I ignore that confirmation, I have sinned against the Spirit.  These understandings are important because the meaning of the Gospel sayings in question is left unclear.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  41,069
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

51 minutes ago, MadHermit said:

I simply want to mention the 2 earliest interpretations of the unpardonable sin against the Holy Spirit in the early church: The Didache (The Teaching of the 12 Apostles--95 AD) identifies the sin as a rejection of a Spirit-anointed Christian prophet's message.  Irenaeus (180 AD) agrees,  In other words, if the Spirit confirms to my spirit that a prophetic word comes from the Lord and applies to me and I ignore that confirmation, I have sinned against the Spirit.  These understandings are important because the meaning of the Gospel sayings in question is left unclear.

Well it's all written down... 

1 John 4:1
4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
KJV
2 Tim 3:15-17
15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV

• 1 year later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  5
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I got into an agrument with my bf and I said I didnt anything to do with the holy spirit, the holy spirit is evil...bc I wanted to hold onto my anger...my bf made a reference to I wasnt walking in the spirit such as being slow to anger etc...(and at the time I really dont like when he used God on me to shut me up bc I wanted to continue to talk on whatever we were arguing) that's what lead me to say those things. The funny thing about that is, I knew to be very careful about what I said about the holy spirit so I was kinda contemplating which word I said bc I didnt want it to be used against me..  and I made the mistake to choose the word "evil"....and after that, I was very worried and gain false security through the internet of what the unpardonable sin is really all about. Thoughts and advice? Am I doomed or is there still hope?

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

13 minutes ago, Nohope said:

Thoughts and advice? Am I doomed or is there still hope? 

A lot of Christians, especially those rather new to the faith sometimes struggle with thinking they may have blasphemed the Holy Spirit. In other words, the unpardonable or unforgivable sin. Dear sister, you and your boyfriend got into an argument and threw in some spiritual aspect to a probable carnal quarrel. Don't worry about it. You didn't commit a sin against the Holy Ghost. Relax. I take it you weren't sincere about what you said. If so, put your mind at rest. Choose to avoid getting your words and how you mean them into a scuffle. 

• Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.89
  • Days Won:  5

Some say that in order to commit the unpardonable sin, you have to do what those in the crowd did that day.They told Jesus to His face — “ You have a demon in you!” It is impossible  to commit this identicle sin unless you have a time machine, in their opinion. There are many more theories out there.That’s all they are- theories.

• Thumbs Up 1