• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

The blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is known to be the unforgivable sin.

Question: But what is the only sin that cannot be forgiven?

Answer: It is the sin of not believing in the truth of the gospel. And consequently not receiving it.

From the Holy Spirit comes absolute truth, all things that are said by the Holy Spirit are truth, ALWAYS.

The Holy Spirit only produces good fruits, ONLY good fruits.

"This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you,
that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all." - 1 John 1:5

"For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit; and these three are one." - 1 John 5:7

The gospel of Jesus Christ is the love of the truth that saves all those who believe.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of
God to salvation for everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek." - Romans 1:16

"Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth." - John 17:17

The only reason for someone to resist and do not repent of his evil ways is: To love darkness rather than light.

"The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan,
with all power, signs, and lying wonders, and with all unrighteous deception
among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth,
that they might be saved." - 2 Thessalonians 2:10

All those who did not receive the love of the truth, that is the gospel of Jesus Christ will not receive forgiveness of sins.

The first step is the person must repent, in truth, according to the gospel.

"and that repentance and remission of sins should be preached
in His name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem." - Luke 24:47

"...unless you repent you will all likewise perish." - Luke 13:5

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." - James 1:22

The condemnation for the sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is eternal.

The condemnation for the rejection of the truth presented in the gospel of Jesus Christ is eternal.

"but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never
has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation" - Mark 3:29

"He who believes and is baptized will be saved;
but he who does not believe will be condemned." - Mark 16:16

"And this is the condemnation, that the light has come into the world,
and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil." - John 3:19

Jesus said that all sin will be forgiven men, except the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

"but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him,
either in this age or in the age to come." - Matthew 12:32

This is speaking against the truth, in this case, the gospel of Jesus Christ.

"the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him;
but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you." - John 14:17

Because if anyone does not receive the truth of the gospel they will be condemned, and it is a sin.

"He who believes and is baptized will be saved;
but he who does not believe will be condemned." - Mark 16:16

And all sin will be forgiven, except the sin of blasphemy of the Holy Spirit... Which means it is talking about the same sin.

"Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter
but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation" - Mark 3:28-29

"He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar,
because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son." - 1 John 5:10

The hardest thing for the people to do is to repent of their evil ways and to embrace the truth of the gospel.

"Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth." - John 17:17

This is only possible through love, which means that only God can make the person to repent, in deed and in truth.

"No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up at the last day." - John 6:44

"He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

And we all know Satan has produced several counterfeit of the gospel of Jesus Christ that has no effect of the truth in the person's life.

And this is very dangerous, because the person does not accept truth and as a result is never sanctified through it.

They believed a lie that at the end will not save them.

People must enter through the narrow gate of truth. It is the only way that actually saves.

"Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the
way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it." - Matthew 7:13

"Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." - John 14:6

Yes, many will reject the love of the truth... Many will believe a lie, many will be deceived.

"Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’
    shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
        Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord,
            have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’
                And then I will declare to them,
                    ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’" - Matthew 7:21-24

For this reason: Make sure you have believed and received The Truth. Otherwise, The Truth will tell you: I never knew you.

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.35
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

29 minutes ago, Butero said:

That cannot be right.  Lets go back again and look at Matthew 12:22-32

22  Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb:  and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.

23  And all the people were amazed, and said, Is this the son of David? 

24  But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils.

25  And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:

26  And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?

27  And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out?  therefore they shall be your judges.

28  But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

29  Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man?  and then he will spoil his house.

30  He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad.

31  Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men:  but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.  

32  And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him:  but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

Lets look at what is taking place.  Jesus heals a man that was demon possessed to the amazement of the people.  The religious crowd accused Jesus of casting the devils out through the power of Beelzebub, the prince of the devils.  Jesus makes it clear that it is through the power of the Spirit of God that the devils were cast out, whether it be by him or their children.  That sets the scene.  The Holy Spirit cast out the devils and they say it was Beelzebub that cast out the devils, which is attributing the work of the Spirit of God to Beelzebub.  That is speaking a word against the Holy Spirit.

It can't be a rejection of Christ, because Jesus said you can speak against him and find forgiveness.  He said it is only when you speak against the Holy Spirit, you will never be forgiven, in this world or in the world to come.  You really are going out on a limb to come up with the notion that blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is unbelief.  What is taking place here isn't an altar call.  It is Jesus casting out devils through the power of the Spirit of God.  This isn't a rejection of Jesus he is warning them about, but a rejection of the Spirit.  I realize there is a concern over people living in fear they have committed this sin, and it is a nice thought it is the sin of unbelief, but it is not.  

The good news for those who are worried about this is the fact it would make no sense for God to draw them to him if they are in a hopeless state, so logically, if you want to be saved, you can be saved and you didn't commit that sin.  Why it is not okay to simply let people believe a lie about the real meaning of this warning is because someone might actually commit the sin.  They might mock a move of the Spirit of God.  We must be straight forward with people about what the Bible is saying, in all cases, even if it is a hard truth, like there is a sin you won't be forgiven of if you commit it.  

AGREED butero.   just I want to remind you of what you already know .    THE ROOT of that is UNBELIEF.  not only do they not believe in JESUS

which if they come to HIM they can be forgiven,  but once that heart is so hard , it will not even recognize the works of the SPIRIT and say its satan , YEAH that heart

was in unbelief got so hard it was never coming back and just attacks even the works of the SPIRIT .    so the root is UNBELIEF , but its not just  unbelief on the regular leval

it has harbored , the heart has hardend and it just aint ever , or was ever going to come back or come .   now sin can harden a heart .  and that is dangerous.

ITS why the early church and the faithful since then ,   constantly exhort lest any does become hardened by the deceitfulness of sin   .  A conscious can become seared.  iT SURE can .

WE must be ever diligent in our exhortations and do so daily and so much more now ,  cause folks we ought to be able to see the day approaching .   THe signs are all over the place .

SO CONTENDERS for the true faith ,  MOUNT UP , this war will only get worse .  and if we aint got the WHOLE armour of CHRIST on , the whore is going to take captive

those who rejected truth and would rather sit under a false love , and live in unrighteousness and sin and call it love or whatever they call it .  

CONTENDERS of the true faith ,  Soldiers of the LORD ,   MOUNT UP and rush full force without fear into the trenches of war , spiritual warfare .

Souls must hear the true gospel and beleivers must be exhorted daily .    Those of the narrow way raise and praise tiny group   ,  mount up .

It matters not what names we are called , we do all for the welfare of those who even hate us , we do all to both warn and encourage

yet not us , but the grace of GOD that is with those who are HIS .    I almost want to say a line I heard over twenty eight years ago when  was but eighteen

or wait , it was even before that I was about sixteen.    the line is REGULATORS MOUNT UP .   but I like CONTENDERS for the true faith better.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

I have said on this topic before, we cannot become so theoretical and academic that we skip over words Jesus literally said. Whenever we have direct, literal words from Jesus on a topic, we need to give those words serious attention. Blasphemy doesn’t mean disbelief. Holy Spirit doesn’t mean Jesus. Words mean things. Sometimes a conversation (such as the one in Matthew 12) means exactly what it says.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Praise God! 1

12 hours ago, Butero said:

That cannot be right.

Sorry, Butero!

But I have been thinking about this for some time, and this is the understanding I received.

"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." - John 7:24

To reject the gospel and commit the sin, one must do so wholeheartedly, with full knowledge of the truth.

"For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins..." - Hebrews 10:26

And there is where the surprise comes, because many that go under OSAS are committing the sin.

If their doctrine says this sin cannot be committed nowadays they are being deceived.

How?! By not believing, and consequently, not living the gospel; superficial repentance.

Many of them are resisting the Holy Spirit, and it makes them denying Him by works.

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves." - James 1:22

To live the gospel, one must believe with the heart, to desire His love, the dwelling Holy Spirit... Those who cannot do it need this: Repentance.

"Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the
remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." - Acts 2:38

"And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me." - Matthew 10:38

So that they can receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, and follow Him.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see
your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Yes, be ready to die... Be ready to die to your evil self, this evil world, and everything that is in it and start walking by faith.

"For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever
loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it." - Mark 8:35

And start living for real. Let His light shine to its fullest! Wake up, people!

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of
the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." - Colossians 3:17

God bless you all in Jesus' name! Amen.

44 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Sorry, Butero!

But I have been thinking about this for some time, and this is the understanding I received.

"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment." - John 7:24

To reject the gospel and commit the sin, one must do so wholeheartedly, with full knowledge of the truth.

"For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins..." - Hebrews 10:26

And there is where the surprise comes, because many that go under OSAS are committing the sin.

If their doctrine says this sin cannot be committed nowadays they are being deceived.

How?! By not believing, and consequently, not living the gospel; superficial repentance.

Many of them are resisting the Holy Spirit, and it makes them denying Him by works.

To live the gospel, one must believe with the heart, to desire His love, the dwelling Holy Spirit... Those who cannot do it need this: Repentance.

"Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the
remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." - Acts 2:38

"And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me." - Matthew 10:38

So that they can receive the gift of the Holy Spirit, and follow Him.

"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see
your good works and glorify your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Yes, be ready to die... Be ready to die to your evil self, this evil world, and everything that is in it and start walking by faith.

"For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever
loses his life for My sake and the gospel's will save it." - Mark 8:35

And start living for real. Let His light shine to its fullest! Wake up, people!

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of
the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." - Colossians 3:17

God bless you all in Jesus' name! Amen.

The event you describe does take place .   but if that were blasphemy of the HOLY GHOST ,   once one blasphemes the Holy Ghost their is no forigivness.

Yet I have seen some that once believed OSAS and now do not take it like that ,   they repented of their sins too and by grace started to live Holy in Christ .

IF OSAS were blasphemy of the HOLY GHOST ,  then how come some repent .    But the events you speak of do happen .   I see men who go under that mindset

and brother they don't take a thing serious and walk in sin and justify it too.   but then I see many groups do that as well.

The correct version of OSAS, is this ,   And I will use paul as an example ,    from the moment he was saved , he was saved ,  but

he always warned how men can fall away , as did peter .   so the correct version of OSAS is this ,   sure once saved you are saved , But if you continue not in the ONE

who does save and the one who can keep us from falling ,  bad end .    If we don't heed the ONE who can keep us from falling ,  WE WILL FALL.

If I tell my son , hey don't pick up that gun and put it to your head and pull the trigger,    IF HE DOES ,  he dies .    WE must OBEY and FOLLOW the ONE WHO BOTH

gives us the desire and ability to do so .  Following JESUS is not a one time prayer ,   that is but the beginning of the walk .   IF we don't heed HIM

Whose fault is it .  OURS .     Die daily , pick up that cross and follow HIM .  

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

but if that were blasphemy of the HOLY GHOST ,   once one blasphemes the Holy Ghost their is no forigivness.

If one is not believing in the gospel, and consequently not living it, he/she is not saved.

"In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest:
Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother." - 1 John 3:10

Do not be deceived, there is real power in the gospel of Jesus Christ.

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for
everyone who believes, for the Jew first and also for the Greek." - Romans 1:16

33 minutes ago, frienduff thaylorde said:

they repented of their sins too and by grace started to live Holy in Christ .

As I said, to commit the sin the person must die in unbelief, or to reject the truth of the gospel wholeheartedly with full knowledge.

"He who believes in the Son of God has the witness in himself; he who does not believe God has made Him a liar,
because he has not believed the testimony that God has given of His Son." - 1 John 5:10

Repentance is far more than saying: I believe. You must receive Him, and trust in Him, to the end.

"You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!" - James 2:19

And such is possible only through love.

"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love." - Galatians 5:6

"bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:7-8

"He who does not love does not know God, for God is love." - 1 John 4:8

"...With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." - Matthew 19:26

"Grace be with all those who love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen." - Ephesians 6:24

God bless you in Jesus' name!

Edited by 4LdKHVCzRDj2

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

I think there is one important and central point that is being left out here.
When Jesus was talking about blaspheming the Holy Spirit he was talking about something that had just happened with the religious leaders.

They KNEW and believed it was the Holy Spirit of God at work, THEY KNEW, but they did not want to lose their status so they denied it.

The key here is if I speak truth about the Holy Spirit and the person hearing that word doesn't believe it, but believes something else, they are not blaspheming the Holy Spirit. Just because I spoke truth and they don't accept it, doesn't mean they are denying the truth, they are just not accepting it as truth.

The Pharisee's KNEW it was the Holy Spirit at work but lied to everyone listening and taught that it was something evil.

I cant stress enough that THEY KNEW but despite it being so obvious, they chose to deny it for selfish reasons....they knowingly chose self, not God. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike 2 said:

they knowingly chose self, not God.

This is exactly what people do when resisting the Holy Spirit.

"You are My friends if you do whatever I command you." - John 15:14

They love their sins, their own passions and desires, and ignore the Holy Spirit and keep choosing self and never repents but insists on their own ways.

"And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." - Galatians 5:24

It is a matter of choosing: To love darkness or light.

"Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin.
...Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed." - John 8:34+36

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

reposted as a response below