• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Some of you who know me also know I had a sicko family. There's now 2 left of my generation and 2 of the next generation. I'm 60ish the next is mid 30's. These 2 young men have lost their parents, so myself a female cousin is all that's left. One of them made a podcast and he urged me to listen it it. He's a professional poker player and unmarried. He wins often so he never asks for money. He lives in Vegas and in the podcast he describes his life style. Other than poker he discussed which drugs help him win at poker. He also discussed in graphic detail what him and his buddies do with girls. I've learned this guy gets angry quickly. I assumed he wanted my opinions on what he said in the podcast. Since he's single and often wins I saw nothing wrong with the poker. All I said is he should be saving up money, while he can. No winning streaks last forever. I didn't touch his sexual practices since I'm the only Uncle he has left. I did discuss the drugs. I came from the generation of drugs. I figured it's obvious that the physically addictive drugs are the worst, I think even he knows that. In my life I noticed the most potentially harmful drugs are the psychedelics. I pointed out that his father flipped out on 1 LSD trip and was never the same. So I told him to avoid those. Unfortunately he then told me he likes them best. I don't want to lose all contact with him so I said nothing else today. Then my 60 yr old cousin called me. She got angry at me. She felt I shouldn't have said nothing. I've noticed she never gives him advice. IMO she doesn't take being his only Aunt seriously. However, I take being an Uncle very seriously. He knew what the podcast said since he made it. If he didn't want my opinions and advice why would he ask me to listen to it? Many of us think we know it all at 35 but we don't. I know when I hit 40+ I started to wish I payed more attention to the older generation. Sometimes they are just as wrong as younger people, but I've also been asking God to guide me since I was 30ish.

Do you folks think I was wrong to give my nephew advice?

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.92
  • Days Won:  64

Prayed for you and your family.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

Thanks for the prayer, my family really needs it. When I was in HS that was when the police would come in and try to scare us with stories of people jumping out windows and trying to stop cars with their thoughts while doing psychedelic drugs. I knew lots of people who did those drugs but this never happened to one of them. So we laughed at it. Until the night my nephew's father convinced me to trip with him. At one point he said he could stop the cars with his mind and I wasn't sure what I'd do if he decided to try it. We were alone in a building at about 2 am. All I could think of was throwing a cross body block on him. But I was worried. This was before I was saved but God must have been with us because he didn't try it. He totally changed after that 1 trip. Luckily he then met a girl who didn't even drink. He fell in love with her and that put an end to him wanting to use drugs. But unbeknownst to both of us he became interested in the occult. His Aunt is also interested in the occult which leaves me as the only one left who believes in God. And even though I'm no longer Catholic when my nephew was a baby I was chosen to be his godfather. So I'm an Uncle and his godfather. In my mind that puts a responsibility on me. To make matters worse, my nephew is hot headed but he does get over things quickly. Unfortunately I live in NY and he's in Las Vegas so I rarely speak to him. But when I do I get the feeling he wants an adult to tell him what it's all about. Not that he would admit it, but I sense he wants guidance. I'm glad you 2 agreed with me because I'm not always sure myself.

Edited by JTC

• Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.92
  • Days Won:  64

Prayed just now.  

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,016
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,291
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

On 5/22/2018 at 9:44 PM, JTC said:

Some of you who know me also know I had a sicko family. There's now 2 left of my generation and 2 of the next generation. I'm 60ish the next is mid 30's. These 2 young men have lost their parents, so myself a female cousin is all that's left. One of them made a podcast and he urged me to listen it it. He's a professional poker player and unmarried. He wins often so he never asks for money. He lives in Vegas and in the podcast he describes his life style. Other than poker he discussed which drugs help him win at poker. He also discussed in graphic detail what him and his buddies do with girls. I've learned this guy gets angry quickly. I assumed he wanted my opinions on what he said in the podcast. Since he's single and often wins I saw nothing wrong with the poker. All I said is he should be saving up money, while he can. No winning streaks last forever. I didn't touch his sexual practices since I'm the only Uncle he has left. I did discuss the drugs. I came from the generation of drugs. I figured it's obvious that the physically addictive drugs are the worst, I think even he knows that. In my life I noticed the most potentially harmful drugs are the psychedelics. I pointed out that his father flipped out on 1 LSD trip and was never the same. So I told him to avoid those. Unfortunately he then told me he likes them best. I don't want to lose all contact with him so I said nothing else today. Then my 60 yr old cousin called me. She got angry at me. She felt I shouldn't have said nothing. I've noticed she never gives him advice. IMO she doesn't take being his only Aunt seriously. However, I take being an Uncle very seriously. He knew what the podcast said since he made it. If he didn't want my opinions and advice why would he ask me to listen to it? Many of us think we know it all at 35 but we don't. I know when I hit 40+ I started to wish I payed more attention to the older generation. Sometimes they are just as wrong as younger people, but I've also been asking God to guide me since I was 30ish.

Do you folks think I was wrong to give my nephew advice?

You tried to give your nephew advice the best you knew how....that is commendable.   Perhaps he will realize that you do care about what happens to him.  As for his aunt yelling at you, just forgive her and try with the Lord's help to forget about that.  I know it's not always easy to forget the negative or hurtful things, but try to remember some comforting Scripture verses when you are feeling bad about what she said.

God bless you for caring for your nephew....and God can save him.  We all need to remember that for our loved ones.

• Thumbs Up 1