George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

My horror time was when I ODed on LSD and was dying, I knew that I knew that I knew I was going to Hell, that was Dec 31, 1967, but God...., ...19 years later, ...I had many ministries in the church I was attending, then at a Wednesday Night Bible Study in July of 1986 all of my sin came to rest on my shoulders and bowed me over in the chair with my head between my knees, after the study I was lead by the pastor to pray the sinner's prayer and was born again, what a difference, it was like going from being blind to being able to see, I saw Father's hand in His creation, flowers, ...the rainbow, ...how He painted the different colors on the animals, and..., when I read my Bible the next morning it made sense to me, I could understand it, ...it was a whole new way of life to me,  ...I remember that night like it was last night, ...it was a definite turning point in my life, I was a new man, ...I worked in construction (and you all probably know how crude and vulgar construction workers are), I found their language, their filthy jokes, their cruel teasing so, ...so, ...unclean, for the first time in my life.

The Holy Spirit chose to save me in this manner during His ongoing revival that started in the late 60's, ...however during that same revival there were many of my generation that were instantly saved, ...some even while high on drugs, ...we know the revival is still active today because there are Muslims in Iran and Iraq being saved today who have never heard of the sinners prayer. PTL 

However, ...I was saved in a denomination that teaches I had to work to keep my salvation (but was never told what those works were), then one day while reading in John, the verse George posted:

And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter, so that He may be with you forever,  John 14:16

...the Holy Spirit gave me a question to ask my pastor (and to this day no one has been able to answer it) and please, bear in mind this was asked in the innocence of a new born babe in Christ and not some rebuttal of debate,

...pastor, if I can one day walk away from the Lord and lose my salvation and be thrown into the Lake of Fire, then either Jesus lied about the Holy Spirit being with me for ever and He leaves me, or Jesus is not a liar and the Holy Spirit goes with me into the Lake of Fire and that means He is not God, ...which is it?  

Can anyone Scripturally exegete how that could happen, ...and I don't mean to copy and paste hundreds of verses taken out of their Scriptural context to fit into someone's agenda...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,990
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,688
  • Content Per Day:  11.84
  • Days Won:  226

On 12/21/2018 at 2:28 AM, George said:

I don't try to read more into something than what is said.  I do remember clearly the day I was saved and the radical transformation that took place in my life.  Are there steps ... or not ... it was Edwards thoughts and it made sense to me.  But Jesus is the one that does the saving ... and I suppose He can save any way he wishes!  :)

My brother had a similar experience like yours when he was saved. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Cletus said:

so i guess those in the church who become luke warm dont get spewed then?  vomited out?  rejected? 

the letter in revelation to a church says they will be IF they do not repent

Hey Brother, I'm just curious, do you think everyone who attends the church you go to is saved, ...100% of the congregation is born again?

Also, in your personal walk with the Lord do you repent of your sins, ...or do you confesshomologeō, say the same thing Father says about them?

Lord bless

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,013
  • Content Per Day:  7.97
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

9 hours ago, Cletus said:

and the work of becoming luke warm gets the reward of being spewed. 

nothing you have said nullifys this.  (nothing)

Spewed out or burnt up it is rejected by God by not of His approval! But that is not the person as 1 Cor 3 points out...

9 hours ago, Cletus said:

Jdg 16:20  And she said, The Philistines be upon thee, Samson. And he awoke out of his sleep, and said, I will go out as at other times before, and shake myself. And he wist not that the LORD was departed from him.

Psa 51:11  Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

how can someone who walked away from God expect or even think the Spirit of The Living God dwell within them when they are dead in sin? 

1Ch 28:9  And thou, Solomon my son, know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee; but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off for ever.

Rightly dividing is exactly what your not doing... OT equals law  /  NT equals grace. You bringing law into grace is not rightly dividing...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  347
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  2

Works tried by fire in 1 Corinthians = “I will spit you out” in Revelation

This has to be a joke. Seriously. This cannot be real Bible study.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry @Cletus I can’t. Gotta ignore this topic for the sake of my blood pressure.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Spewed out or burnt up it is rejected by God by not of His approval! But that is not the person as 1 Cor 3 points out...

What this post is saying that unacceptable works does not equate to loss of Salvation and must be brought forth in considerations to other passages

12 minutes ago, Cletus said:

those spewed out, those lukewarm is a letter to the church... the church.  and you have the audacity to tell me i am not rightly dividing?

this is merely trying to get me into personal dispute ... not interested thanks anyway...

8 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

Works tried by fire in 1 Corinthians = “I will spit you out” in Revelation

This has to be a joke. Seriously. This cannot be real Bible study.

maybe you are just not connecting the dots in the posts.... :) 

• Oy Vey! 1

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,464
  • Topics Per Day:  1.26
  • Content Count:  27,757
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  128
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

5 minutes ago, pg4Him said:

Sorry @Cletus I can’t. Gotta ignore this topic for the sake of my blood pressure.

I didn't realize this was a "group" effort?  

Honestly, the Word speaks for itself.  Those who are in apostasy ... were those who were NEVER part of the faith.  This is my perception of the Word ... whereas @Cletus believes those in apostasy were those who were "born again" and left the faith.  This is the issue at a nutshell.

I believe I've shown in each instance where it speaks of "apostasy" were being swept away by a "false doctrine" by "false apostles" and thus never truly born again.  And their lives went to show they were "never truly of us!" 

God bless,

George

• Thumbs Up 1

It’s difficult for me to avoid this topic — and thus avoid supporting my like-minded brethren — when there are so many threads about this topic. Sometimes I try to pop in to give moral support. But I can’t anymore. I really can’t. Knowing how much strife this topic causes, I don’t understand why there are multiple concurrent threads about it.

Wouldn’t it be simpler to converge all 0f this into one thread and put it in its own arena? I’m trying resist, I really am, but sometimes half the new comments are on this topic.

• Thumbs Up 1