• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,188
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

Scripture says;

Acts 13:22 (NIV)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do.'

Scriptues says, a heart after God is precious in His sight. And heart that only seeks after God in all things. Only seeks after righteousness in all things. Only seeks after truth in all things. Goodness for it’s own sake, that we might “be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect.”

Scripture says we should “long after the pure milk of the word that we may grow thereby”

Growing in Christ or having Christ formed in us is that which puts a smile on Gods face. We as those “accepted in the beloved” should “encourage one another to good works”, as Scripture brings forth. A heart that is totally Gods, that would be willing to do all God asks, is a heart after Him. 

Question would be; how to get such a heart? 

The prayer, “Lord I’m willing to be made willing.”  Comes to mind. But by whatever words one chooses to use. The heart that hungers and thirsts after righteousness will be filled according to it’s desire, but only according to it’s desire. Let us desire it fully. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

James writes in chapter 2 that faith without works is dead.

David became "a man after my own heart" because he would seek what God wanted him to do.

James expresses it in a way that, if we think about it, our faith grows as we work at learning to see God at work and trust that He is calling us into partnering with Him to work in the physical world in various ways. We may start out small, but as we respond we grow stronger in trust/ faith and as a consequence come closer to Gods heart.

If we don't respond, then obviously our faith in Him and His calling us is not very strong and if we constantly find excuses not to respond, what little faith we have in trusting Him eventually withers away  (dies) and we don't have any faith that He is at work in our lives....faith without works is dead.

It doesn't mean we lose our salvation....we just don't trust God will be with us when uncomfortable worldly things arise, we become scared, try to handle it in worldly ways and as a result move away from His Heart.

If ANYONE is wondering why they don't sense God in their life.......well........He's probably calling you to do something you are uncomfortable with and you won't trust Him that it will be good in the end.

Jas 2:20  Do you not see, O foolish man, that faith without works is of no use?........

....Jas 2:24  You see that a man's righteousness is judged by his works and not by his faith only..... 

right·eous·nessˈnoun.... the quality of being morally right or justifiable.  (This is not salvation, but is something we receive from God  M.S.)

....Jas 2:26  For as the body without the spirit is dead even so faith without works is dead.

• Group:  Royal Member

2 hours ago, Mike 2 said:

James writes in chapter 2 that faith without works is dead.

David became "a man after my own heart" because he would seek what God wanted him to do.

James expresses it in a way that, if we think about it, our faith grows as we work at learning to see God at work and trust that He is calling us into partnering with Him to work in the physical world in various ways. We may start out small, but as we respond we grow stronger in trust/ faith and as a consequence come closer to Gods heart.

If we don't respond, then obviously our faith in Him and His calling us is not very strong and if we constantly find excuses not to respond, what little faith we have in trusting Him eventually withers away  (dies) and we don't have any faith that He is at work in our lives....faith without works is dead.

It doesn't mean we lose our salvation....we just don't trust God will be with us when uncomfortable worldly things arise, we become scared, try to handle it in worldly ways and as a result move away from His Heart.

If ANYONE is wondering why they don't sense God in their life.......well........He's probably calling you to do something you are uncomfortable with and you won't trust Him that it will be good in the end.

Jas 2:20  Do you not see, O foolish man, that faith without works is of no use?........

....Jas 2:24  You see that a man's righteousness is judged by his works and not by his faith only..... 

right·eous·nessˈnoun.... the quality of being morally right or justifiable.  (This is not salvation, but is something we receive from God  M.S.)

....Jas 2:26  For as the body without the spirit is dead even so faith without works is dead.

This sound pretty good also. It is so true, fruit in the believers life is something that would be proof that a believer is “abiding in Christ.”  

“That we would bare much fruit whereby the Father is glorified”

The “fruits of the Spirit” manifested in the life of the believer. Is that that brings joy to the Fathers heart. Would all His body have a heart after such a heart as David had. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  951
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,565
  • Content Per Day:  5.03
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

1 Chronicles 21 English Standard Version (ESV)

David's Census Brings Pestilence

Then Satan stood against Israel and incited David to number Israel. 2 So David said to Joab and the commanders of the army, “Go, number Israel, from Beersheba to Dan, and bring me a report, that I may know their number.”  But Joab said, “May the Lord add to his people a hundred times as many as they are! Are they not, my lord the king, all of them my lord's servants? Why then should my lord require this? Why should it be a cause of guilt for Israel?”  But the king's word prevailed against Joab. So Joab departed and went throughout all Israel and came back to Jerusalem.  And Joab gave the sum of the numbering of the people to David. In all Israel there were 1,100,000 men who drew the sword, and in Judah 470,000 who drew the sword. 6 But he did not include Levi and Benjamin in the numbering, for the king's command was abhorrent to Joab.

But God was displeased with this thing, and he struck Israel.  And David said to God, “I have sinned greatly in that I have done this thing. But now, please take away the iniquity of your servant, for I have acted very foolishly.”  And the Lordspoke to Gad, David's seer, saying, 10 “Go and say to David, ‘Thus says the Lord, Three things I offer you; choose one of them, that I may do it to you.’” 11 So Gad came to David and said to him, “Thus says the Lord, ‘Choose what you will:12 either three years of famine, or three months of devastation by your foes while the sword of your enemies overtakes you, or else three days of the sword of the Lord, pestilence on the land, with the angel of the Lord destroying throughout all the territory of Israel.’ Now decide what answer I shall return to him who sent me.” Then David said to Gad, “I am in great distress. Let me fall into the hand of the Lord, for his mercy is very great, but do not let me fall into the hand of man.”

So the Lord sent a pestilence on Israel, and 70,000 men of Israel fell.  And God sent the angel to Jerusalem to destroy it, but as he was about to destroy it, the Lord saw, and he relented from the calamity. And he said to the angel who was working destruction, “It is enough; now stay your hand.” And the angel of the Lordwas standing by the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.  And David lifted his eyes and saw the angel of the Lord standing between earth and heaven, and in his hand a drawn sword stretched out over Jerusalem. Then David and the elders, clothed in sackcloth, fell upon their faces. And David said to God, “Was it not I who gave command to number the people? It is I who have sinned and done great evil. But these sheep, what have they done? Please let your hand, O Lord my God, be against me and against my father's house. But do not let the plague be on your people.”

It is not a man's perfect nature that brings about God's mercy, but his very faults that make evident the awesome unmerited mercy and love from God upon those He has chosen, foreknown, and predestined.

It is not a grand desire to be like another man of faults favored by God,  but instead to be Christlike or at least doing all that may be done to the glory  to God.

3 hours ago, Neighbor said:

It is not a grand desire to be like another man of faults favored by God,  but instead to be Christlike or at least doing all that may be done to the glory  to God.

It is true, it is not a good thing to follow a man’s fallen nature,  for only sin will result in such a endeavor. 

Seeing how God Himself said He found a heart that would do “all His will” in David  To desire a heart like the heart God found in David would be a good and proper desire. To have heart after God in all things. Oh the blessedness of having such a heart. 

On 5/25/2018 at 11:25 PM, Yowm said:

Through all my failures, because I am in him, and by faith, when God sees me, He sees the heart of Jesus...

(Php 3:9)  and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—

(Gal 2:20)  I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

And to the one who does not work but believes in him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is counted as righteousness, just as David also speaks of the blessing of the one to whom God counts righteousness apart from works: “Blessed are those whose lawless deeds are forgiven, and whose sins are covered; blessed is the man against whom the Lord will not count his sin.”
(Rom 4:5-8)

Scripture also says; 

Psalm 119:160 (NASB)

The sum of Your word is truth,~~~~~~~

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

On 5/25/2018 at 11:13 PM, Not me said:

It is true, it is not a good thing to follow a man’s fallen nature,  for only sin will result in such a endeavor.

And do not forget that David always repented sincerely when God showed him his iniquity.

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." - 1 John 1:7

Not like many people today who keep resisting and ignoring God's calling to repentance.

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth." - 1 John 1:6

It is so sad... It is like people have no love for God - The Father and Jesus Christ whom He has sent.

"So I swore in My wrath,
    ‘They shall not enter My rest.’" - Hebrews 3:11

"So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief." - Hebrews 3:19

"For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does
    not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed." - John 3:20

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

And do not forget that David always repented sincerely when God showed him his iniquity.

"But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another,
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin." - 1 John 1:7

Not like many people today who keep resisting and ignoring God's calling to repentance.

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth." - 1 John 1:6

It is so sad... It is like people have no love for God - The Father and Jesus Christ whom He has sent.

"So I swore in My wrath,
    ‘They shall not enter My rest.’" - Hebrews 3:11

"So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief." - Hebrews 3:19

"For everyone practicing evil hates the light and does
    not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed." - John 3:20

I have been of the mind that is was because of Davids eagerness to repent when showed his sin. That was why God said he had a heart after Himself. For David was differently a sinner like me and you. It was his willingness to be taught that pleased God. (My thoughts.) 

much love in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,453
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Birthday:  09/23/1991

4 minutes ago, Not me said:

That was why God said he had a heart after Himself. For David was differently a sinner like me and you.

Remember Saul the king that was before David... Saul was chosen according to the flesh (appearance, people), and David according to the Spirit (heart, God).

God bless you in Jesus' name!

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, 4LdKHVCzRDj2 said:

Remember Saul the king that was before David... Saul was chosen according to the flesh (appearance, people), and David according to the Spirit (heart, God).

God bless you in Jesus' name!

I like that, well said. Never thought of it like that before. But you are on point. Blessing to you.