• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

:(Can anyone out there relate?

On April 25th I  attempted to do something too strenuous for me and incurred an injury that just isn't healing. For nearly a month now I have been in much pain and disability from this stupid wrong decision. Perhaps I should call it a sin? :confused: (Because I gambled with my body and now I am paying the price.)

I feel like God might be angry with me and is letting me suffer the consequences of bad judgement (because I should never have risked it.) I wish I could turn back the clock :emot-fail: and undo pushing my body like that! 

Is God punishing me? I can't shake the guilt. What if I  NEVER heal (or heal wrong??) I'm scared.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

The Lord loves you...He isn't punishing you.   I pray you will start to feel better.  Don't let the guilt get to you....give this to the Lord.

And please do see a doctor to see what's going on.

Edited by Debp
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,795
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/26/1952

I also don't believe God is punishing you for doing a foolhardy thing but God often does let us suffer the consequences for what we did. Since you didn't say what it was I'm going to guess here. Some people never recover like Christoper Reeves, he played Superman in the movie from the 70's. I'm not sure what he did but he was paralyzed the rest of his life. However, some pain goes away even if it takes 10 yrs. This happened to me. I very foolishly touched a moving fan belt in a car. It was indeed foolish because my father taught me to never touch that when I was 12 or 13. It sliced off the tips of 2 fingers where there are thousands of nerve endings. The pain was beyond belief and regular docs don't understand nerve pain. Even the strongest opiates there are only calmed the pain down a few hours. That's all they knew to give me so in 6 months I was hooked on pain pills. Then I heard of docs called Physiatrists. These docs specialize in nerves and the pain they cause. He amazed me because he explained my pain to me better than I could explain it to him. They tend to stay away from opiates and use drugs that 30 yrs ago no one knew can kill pain. When I finally went to him I was in pain 1 yr already. I asked him if it would ever stop and he's the doc who said probably in 10 yrs. He was right. Occasionally I still feel some pain but not much. If you haven't seen a Physiatrist I recommend one of them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• 1 month later...

On 5/23/2018 at 4:01 PM, Cletus said:

i have experienced serious pain.  pain has a way of warping your perception on reality.  Pain can make you do and say and think things you normally would not.  because of my experience with pain i am very cautious around someone or animals that are injured because they will hurt you quickly and badly.  even if you had good intentions.  pain is serious stress.  I do not think God is punishing you.  and God will never leave or forsake you.  God is the same, yesterday, today, and forever.  Amen.  We may change, but He cannot deny who He Is.  God loves you turtle.  every tear you have shed over this... God has in a bottle.  If the guilt is that bad for you, then in prayer repent of doing activities like this again, tell God your sorry... and let it go, do not return and pick it up.  leave it at His feet.  If you cant leave it, tell Him and ask Him to take it.  I learned a great deal about myself and God while in pain.  its not all bad, its just hard to see it in the here and now.  Live and learn....  doing this... bad.... never again. 

Have you gone to a doctor?

Sorry it has taken this long to reply. Thanks for the comforting message! It gives me encouragement and hope.

On 5/25/2018 at 6:16 AM, Debp said:

The Lord loves you...He isn't punishing you.   I pray you will start to feel better.  Don't let the guilt get to you....give this to the Lord.

And please do see a doctor to see what's going on.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I just wanted you to know it helped a great deal to hear someone say this was not the Lord punishing me.

• Loved it! 1

On 5/26/2018 at 1:09 AM, JTC said:

I also don't believe God is punishing you for doing a foolhardy thing but God often does let us suffer the consequences for what we did. Since you didn't say what it was I'm going to guess here. Some people never recover like Christoper Reeves, he played Superman in the movie from the 70's. I'm not sure what he did but he was paralyzed the rest of his life. However, some pain goes away even if it takes 10 yrs. This happened to me. I very foolishly touched a moving fan belt in a car. It was indeed foolish because my father taught me to never touch that when I was 12 or 13. It sliced off the tips of 2 fingers where there are thousands of nerve endings. The pain was beyond belief and regular docs don't understand nerve pain. Even the strongest opiates there are only calmed the pain down a few hours. That's all they knew to give me so in 6 months I was hooked on pain pills. Then I heard of docs called Physiatrists. These docs specialize in nerves and the pain they cause. He amazed me because he explained my pain to me better than I could explain it to him. They tend to stay away from opiates and use drugs that 30 yrs ago no one knew can kill pain. When I finally went to him I was in pain 1 yr already. I asked him if it would ever stop and he's the doc who said probably in 10 yrs. He was right. Occasionally I still feel some pain but not much. If you haven't seen a Physiatrist I recommend one of them.

I'm glad you don't believe God is punishing me. Nerve problems are awful indeed. I have been experiencing various neurological issues for the last 12 years now. Sadly, the doctors all say no cure and won't commit to helping me. I was on pills most of those years and finally had to withdraw. So the last thing I needed now was a nerve injury. By the way, I've been reading some of your posts and I'm truly sorry for what you are going through (both the suffering in your body and family issues.) I'll pray for you. 

Updates to those who upheld me in prayer:

I did go to a doctor and the Xrays showed a lot of arthritis in my spine. But there is a suspicion that I could have a pinched nerve from the injury that is causing the weird, painful feelings ( like when you hit your funny bone and it's far from funny! :() in my left fingers and elbow/wrist. It can be caused by something called the ulnar nerve being compressed and cause a condition similar to carpal tunnel syndrome. Only mine is called cubital tunnel syndrome. I have lack of proper sensation in that hand now so can not grip! It is becoming harder to use and weakening. Please keep praying.

• Loved it! 1
  • Praying! 1

2 hours ago, Davida said:

No God is not punishing you for straining yourself. That idea has nothing to do with GOD, the LORD is not some tyrant watching you to cause torment - that would be the devil who tries to cause distress & problems. Btw, not meaning at all that the devil caused your problem, it sounds like that was just from being out of shape and straining your muscles. We have to maintain our bodies like anything physical has to be taken care of or there are negative consequences from neglect,but luckilly our bodies can be renewed by a little good nutrition, positive attention and effort.

:)  Thanks! These are words of wisdom I needed to hear. Sometimes the devil plays tricks on me and I become confused. I must get back to basics and the 103 rd psalm where it says in verse 14, 'For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust." I made a poor judgement call which resulted in my straining myself. Satan twisted it into God punishing me.

• Loved it! 2