turtletwo

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

How do you handle 'Job's comforters' ? Sadly, this includes too many in the body of Christ. I have a dear Christian friend who is always 'beating me up with the Bible' (instead of comforting and edifying me with it.) She especially loves to quote Galatians 6:7 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap."

I injured myself a month ago by overreaching and over lifting. She keeps reminding me that I brought this on myself. The devil is using this to make me view God in a harsh manner and struggle with His forgiveness (for my stupid wrong choice of overexertion.)

Can any of you relate to this spiritual conflict I'm in? Is my friend off base or correct? I feel as long as I'm disabled from this & in much pain I will think it is the wrath of God that he hasn't answered my cries for healing. Any discussions of this would be a real help.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.23
  • Content Count:  3,184
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, turtletwo said:

How do you handle 'Job's comforters' ? Sadly, this includes too many in the body of Christ. I have a dear Christian friend who is always 'beating me up with the Bible' (instead of comforting and edifying me with it.) She especially loves to quote Galatians 6:7 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man sows, that shall he also reap."

I injured myself a month ago by overreaching and over lifting. She keeps reminding me that I brought this on myself. The devil is using this to make me view God in a harsh manner and struggle with His forgiveness (for my stupid wrong choice of overexertion.)

Can any of you relate to this spiritual conflict I'm in? Is my friend off base or correct? I feel as long as I'm disabled from this & in much pain I will think it is the wrath of God that he hasn't answered my cries for healing. Any discussions of this would be a real help.

We all at one time or another have made “bad”, not sin, just bad decisions. It’s like hitting your thumb with a hammer, hurts like all get out, but Gods not angry, but you won’t want to do it again anytime soon. We do live it a world of cause and effect, that is actually a lesson we need to learn. But that in no way means God is punishing us. We do have to reap the consequences of our decisions though. But that is how we learn and grow. The consequences of our bad decisions do teach us to make good decisions. So Lord willing you’ll heal soon and not over do it again. As far as your friend laying blame. There are many people including believers that want to “glory in your flesh that you might seek them and not Christ.” Show Christian love and rise above the challenge. 

Much love in Christ, Not me

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  1,192
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  7,264
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  194

:)I found these replies helpful. Thanks to each of you. Lord willing, I hope we can keep the discussion going for the sake of others in a similar situation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  26
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,604
  • Content Per Day:  3.98
  • Days Won:  21

It could be that a critical spirit is your real enemy. I know of this personally for many, many years.

There is NO appeasing a critical spirit. Shake off the dust and go in search of greener pastures.

A fanatic has been described as someone that will not change their mind - or change the subject.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  950
  • Topics Per Day:  0.35
  • Content Count:  13,532
  • Content Per Day:  5.02
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Hi, Having recently used the phrase "self meanification"  in another thread here, I suggest that there is a worse case, that being beating one's self up, being harsh with oneself, it is not a particularly  productive habit to fall into.

Ya know bad things happen, bad thing happen to good people, and to good people doing good things.

As Job responded to his wife when  she jumped on the bandwagon.  “You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?”       -Job 2

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,014
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,276
  • Content Per Day:  1.79
  • Days Won:  92

You just made a mistake of over lifting and over reaching....we all make such mistakes at some time or another.    No reason to beat anyone up over something like this.   Keep remembering the Lord loves you, you are His child through Jesus.  I pray your friend will develop a more compassionate heart.

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

16 hours ago, turtletwo said:

The pronunciations of others can only drag us down if we give authority to their words...  You call this person a ""Job's Comforter"" which leads me to think you do not place authority in their judgement on the situation.. Why then is it affecting you..

As for getting injured well i have been injured on more then a few occasions and i never see lack of immediate healing as some sign that God dislikes me...  Sometimes injury's take a while to heal.. And some injuries can remain with us for the rest of our lives.. Yeah it is good when God intervenes and heals us.. But there is no assurance we shall be healed of all injuries

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  170
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/21/1958

Here is what Job did.

Job 42:10 ¶ And the LORD turned the captivity of Job, when he prayed for his friends: also the LORD gave Job twice as much as he had before.

Try that!  I think it is the perfect answer to your question.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  67
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I think you do not completely understand the Book of Job and even your own situation. Some people blame Satan for everything because of their own stupid actions, or think that it is the Satan make them do it.

Actually in majority of the cases where we hurt, it is our own fault, not GOD’S, not Satan’s, but only of our own foolishness is involved, because every action produces certain reaction, the law of physics cannot be broken.

Concerning Job and his comforters, it was not a competition of righteousness between Job and his friends, but it was the dispute and competition between GOD and Devil. Job only became unwilling participant in this dispute between two powerful spirits.

It is also not always advisable to compare our cases with the cases depicted in the Bible, but it is very advisable to learn from the Bible such cases, and try to avoid them in our every day life.

Is it better to learn from someone’s mistakes and avoid them, or learn from your own mistakes and suffer?

In my own experience, when I do something stupid or foolish and got hurt, the first thing I would do is to pray to the Lord for forgiveness of my own foolishness and admit my mistakes.

Apology to the Lord is essential tool and has to go first to make peace with GOD and admit your own wrong action, and only then will be reasonable to ask GOD for healing of for reimbursement of damage done.

And even if consequences of my own foolishness have long lasting effect, it is much easier to carry on knowing that I apologized to GOD for my foolishness in admission of my own guilt, than just pray for healing and wait for a miracle to come.

We have to pay for our own mistakes; otherwise we would never learn anything.